Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Guardians of the Galaxy

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Guardians of the Galaxy
« on: February 19, 2014, 06:56:28 PM »
This is a lesser known Marvel comic.   The Guardians of the Galaxy was initially introduced by Marvel in 1969, but there was a 2008 reboot that this movie is based on.  Both versions of the Guardians have been included in the Avengers comics (including Iron Man having a stint as a member), so it's possible that Hollywood is testing the waters with Guardians to see if it catches on and an Avengers-Guardians mega blockbuster is feasible.  I believe the purple alien at the end of the Avengers movie is also tied to the Guardians storyline.

I doubt it will be as successful as the Avengers, but still may be worth watching.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:03:54 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Guardians of the Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 08:31:21 PM »
No fucking way am I going to see a movie with a raccoon as a super(whatever)  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 01:04:07 AM »
No fucking way am I going to see a movie with a raccoon as a super(whatever)  :facepalm:

It's less cartoony than you probably think.  The character's premise is that there is a portion of the universe that's basically used as a mental health ward for the mentally ill.  Animals were genetically altered to have human intelligence so that they could be the caretakers of the loonies.  So it's less like Alvin and the Chipmunks, and more like Planet of the Apes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 09:15:47 AM »
It's less cartoony than you probably think.  The character's premise is that there is a portion of the universe that's basically used as a mental health ward for the mentally ill.  Animals were genetically altered to have human intelligence so that they could be the caretakers of the loonies.  So it's less like Alvin and the Chipmunks, and more like Planet of the Apes.

Superhero's save babies from burning buildings. Not knock over trashcans and eat garbage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 10:06:17 AM »

Fuck that....That makes me want to go see it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum