Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

This type of interview is why I have little respect for journalism

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
All this heifer wanted was to make the guy cry. :facepalm:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: This type of interview is why I have little respect for journalism
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 04:02:15 PM »
I watched that "live" and was totally outraged.  Between that interview and intruding on conversations between him and his wife while he was hanging around at the bottom waiting to see if he won or not, they really did a number on Bodie.  He tweeted a defense of her today, but seriously, that was too much.  They sure enjoyed knocking the shit out of him while he was being a playboy - guess they had to take another tact to humiliate him now that he is settled down and being a good husband and father.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 07:22:20 PM »
And then there was Costas gushing over the sickle and hammer at the beginning. And going on and on about how great those guys were with their great human experiment. You know - the ones that slaughtered more people than Hitler. I hate NBC and these Olympics have been a joke. One part NBC, one part Russia. Pffffftttt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 08:29:55 AM »
I watched that "live" and was totally outraged.  Between that interview and intruding on conversations between him and his wife while he was hanging around at the bottom waiting to see if he won or not, they really did a number on Bodie.  He tweeted a defense of her today, but seriously, that was too much.  They sure enjoyed knocking the shoot out of him while he was being a playboy - guess they had to take another tact to humiliate him now that he is settled down and being a good husband and father.
I didn't know anything about him. I watched live too and was embarrassed for him. In reality, I should have been embarrassed for the idiot reporter, trying to get "the big story".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 10:30:22 AM »
I think it's a big overreaction.

She asked him two questions about skiing and he brought up his brother.  She asked him a few questions to coax him into articulating his feelings and how his brother was in his thoughts during his run.  Then he broke down. 

It's not like she kept poking him and asking follow up questions while his face was buried in his arm.  She was just doing what all reporters do in an interview.

I think a grown man conveying his sadness makes people uncomfortable especially if tears are involved, and I don't know why that's an inciting concept for some. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 10:33:06 AM »
I think it's a big overreaction.

She asked him two questions about skiing and he brought up his brother.  She asked him a few questions to coax him into articulating his feelings and how his brother was in his thoughts during his run.  Then he broke down. 

It's not like she kept poking him and asking follow up questions while his face was buried in his arm.  She was just doing what all reporters do in an interview.

I think a grown man conveying his sadness makes people uncomfortable especially if tears are involved, and I don't know why that's an inciting concept for some.
Agree, I really didn't find the interview that bad. 

I kind of thought her questions were stupid (but I tend to think most sports reporters questions are pretty dumb: tell me Peyton what did you think when you lost the Superbowl...well I was thinking man did I leave the oven on?), but I didn't find she was pressing him.   

She actually is comforting him when he bends over, you can see her rubbing his arm.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:34:50 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 10:34:18 AM »
Why do you people hate Mark Ingram?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 10:35:56 AM »
Agree, I really didn't find the interview that bad. 

I kind of thought her questions were stupid (but I tend to think most sports reporters questions are pretty dumb: tell me Peyton what did you think when you lost the Superbowl...well I was thinking man did I leave the oven on?), but I didn't find she was pressing him.   

She actually is comforting him when he bends over, you can see her rubbing his arm.

When I first heard about this, I thought the video would show him happy as can be about his skiing run and the reporter shoving a mic in his face asking, "So I know you're happy about your successful skiing, but tell me how does it feel to know that your brother is dead and unable to be here to celebrate with you?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 10:37:49 AM »
Anyone who fails to see see how wrong she was probably likes to suck cock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 10:50:29 AM »
When I first heard about this, I thought the video would show him happy as can be about his skiing run and the reporter shoving a mic in his face asking, "So I know you're happy about your successful skiing, but tell me how does it feel to know that your brother is dead and unable to be here to celebrate with you?"

^^^^^  I myself as a viewer can tell without her obtrusive and obnoxious questions that he is emotional.  I already knew the story about his brother, as the commentator mentioned it like, oh, every twelve seconds, and they played the sob story piece complete with past interview with dead brother, so it's not like anyone was all "Why is he emotional?  Oh, I sure hope this reporter finds out!!!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 10:57:15 AM »
^^^^^  I myself as a viewer can tell without her obtrusive and obnoxious questions that he is emotional.  I already knew the story about his brother, as the commentator mentioned it like, oh, every twelve seconds, and they played the sob story piece complete with past interview with dead brother, so it's not like anyone was all "Why is he emotional?  Oh, I sure hope this reporter finds out!!!"

I had never heard of Bode Miller before.  I'm glad she asked him more about it after he brought it up on his own. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 11:19:45 AM »
What does all of this have to do with Auburn paying players?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 12:26:07 PM »
What does all of this have to do with Auburn paying players?
Bode's deceased brother was the bagman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 12:27:14 PM »
Honestly though why does everyone hate Keanu Reeves?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Wench

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 12:48:55 PM »
I had never heard of Bode Miller before.  I'm glad she asked him more about it after he brought it up on his own.

That must have been the only five seconds of the Olympics you watched that day.  He was quite the scandal in past games, is one of the most decorated US skiers of all time, and this year they dissected and deconstructed every single aspect of his return to the hill ad infinitum.  He knew she was going there, and IMO, he tried to deflect the inevitable by mentioning it himself, but she jumped on it like a hungry dog on a tbone.  If you are trying to be the contrarian, nice try but it won't play - you are more or less in the minority.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 12:53:33 PM »
That must have been the only five seconds of the Olympics you watched that day.  He was quite the scandal in past games, is one of the most decorated US skiers of all time, and this year they dissected and deconstructed every single aspect of his return to the hill ad infinitum.  He knew she was going there, and IMO, he tried to deflect the inevitable by mentioning it himself, but she jumped on it like a hungry dog on a tbone.  If you are trying to be the contrarian, nice try but it won't play - you are more or less in the minority.

Yeah well a minority's in the White House, so take that. 

They ALL jump on it like a hungry dog on a t-bone.  That's what reporters do.  If he didn't lose his control of his emotions, no one would be talking about this.  Reporters ask multiple personal questions to athletes all of the time.  Tell me the last time a reporter had the chance to ask a world famous athlete a personal question in a situation similar to Bode Miller and they turned it down. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 12:57:56 PM »
Bah who the fuck cares...I want my free healthcare!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 01:39:48 PM »
Bah who the fudge cares...I want my free healthcare!

Commit to 'Bama and you'll get a sweet ride too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Tiger Wench

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 10:41:09 AM »
But it's more than just a question of ratings. NBC has been criticized for focusing on athletes' personal tragedies. In addition to the Miller exchange, Vieira discussed a miscarriage with skeleton silver medalist Noelle Pikus-Pace, and reporter Lewis Johnson probed Pikus-Pace's teammate Katie Uhlaender about her dead father. A Salt Lake Tribune reporter began a formal tally of NBC segments focusing on dead relatives and found the network was averaging three a day.

:rolleyes:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 11:29:13 AM »
It would seem to me that if there are this many questions that it is def their angle. And it sux but they are giving most of the people what they want to see, apparently. I certainly don't want to see that but I knew I did not understand most of this country after we gots the hope and change community organizer as the pres.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions