Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

HUNH May Be Killed

HUNH May Be Killed
« on: February 12, 2014, 05:36:10 PM »
@KegsnEggs: This is, just, no. Next. RT @slmandel: Rules committee proposing 10-second defensive substitution period on every play.

@doug_keegan: NCAA Rules committee plots to kill hurry up offenses, prohibit snaps before 40 second play clock reaches 29 seconds. LINK

@Mengus22: In the most NCAA thing ever, teams that snap the ball too fast will now be penalized for delay of game for not letting them delay the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: HUNH May Be Killed
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 05:45:52 PM »
They can go to hell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 06:56:48 PM »
Hmmm. Wonder who's behind this one?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 06:58:28 PM »
Hmmm. Wonder who's behind this one?

The NCAA Rules Committee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 07:05:06 PM »
The NCAA Rules Committee.

A bunch of fucking retards if they pass this. 

The defense is bitching because they can't substitute.  Here's the problem: THE OFFENSE ISN'T SUBSTITUTING EITHER!

It's not like the offense is getting to run fresh legs onto the field.  They're tired too.  If they aren't tired?  They're just in better shape.

This is 100% old grey hair geezers who need to die off.  They want to see their traditional football played by big fat asses running the power I with the occasional implementation of that crazy idea they concocted a few years back known as the forward pass.  They don't want to see those slick looking kids with shiny uniforms running down the field like it's a basketball game. 

There's no evidence that the HUNH causes more injuries.  If anything, I'd hypothesize that the power type of football that LSU and Alabama plays causes more injuries. 

The only issue anyone can have with the HUNH is that traditional defenses can't stop it.  What's the fucking point of a play clock if they pass this rule?  Just let the refs determine when it's proper to snap the ball.  They'll blow the whistle then say, "Down, set, hut."  That's the best way to make it completely fair. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 07:12:52 PM »
A bunch of fucking retards if they pass this. 

Retards across the planet are pissed that you would compare them to the NCAA Rules Committee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 08:50:24 PM »
The committee also recommended a rules change that will allow defensive units to substitute within the first 10 seconds of the 40-second play clock, with the exception of the final two minutes of each half, starting with the 2014 season.

“This rules change is being made to enhance student-athlete safety by guaranteeing a small window for both teams to substitute,” said Calhoun. “As the average number of plays per game has increased, this issue has been discussed with greater frequency by the committee in recent years and we felt like it was time to act in the interests of protecting our student-athletes.”

Under this rule proposal, the offense will not be allowed to snap the ball until the play clock reaches 29 seconds or less. If the offense snaps the ball before the play clock reaches 29 seconds, a 5-yard, delay-of-game penalty will be assessed. Under current rules, defensive players are not guaranteed an opportunity to substitute unless the offense substitutes first. This part of the rule will remain in place in scenarios where the play clock starts at 25 seconds.
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 10:36:34 PM by TheSix »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 12:35:28 AM »
Bama gets their shit pushed in by two hunh teams and they want to change the rules?
Nah. No coincidence here!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 07:49:31 AM »
Bama gets their shit pushed in by two hunh teams and they want to change the rules?

Mark Emmert says he has no hand in this. In fact he was off hunting. With Nick Saban. Nothing to see here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 08:15:23 AM »
The rules committee is even citing player safety as a reason for the rule change.

Can anyone produce a case study that shows the HUNH offense causing more injuries than other offenses?  Besides that one conducted over the weekend at the University of Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 09:07:01 AM »
You people need sensitivity training. It's all about player SAFETY.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 09:31:20 AM »

This^^^ is all you need to know.  Unreal!!!  They lose twice so it's time to change the way the game is played. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 09:45:51 AM »
The only way uat can win is have the easiest schedule, pay more money to the top recruits, make sure the referees are on the same page...If all of that isn't enough, have rules changed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 09:51:40 AM »
The only way uat can win is have the easiest schedule, pay more money to the top recruits, make sure the referees are on the same page...If all of that isn't enough, have rules changed.

Yup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 10:48:57 AM »

Check

Check

Check

And working on that next Check now
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 10:57:24 AM »
Check

Check

Check

And working on that next Check now

Ivan Lendl
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 11:06:38 AM »
Ivan Lendl

Old news. Novak Djokovich. Wait, is Serbia still considered part of Czch?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 11:07:33 AM »
This is the type of response the turds are giving to this:

Football is a strategic sport , offense sets plays to beat the defense ,vice versa . If you run a HUNH offense to beat the defense ,then time should be allowed for the defense to set up for the offense ....its only fair to both sides to allow ample time to produce the best strategy.

So Saban cannot prepare for the HUNH, so he changes the rules.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 11:15:46 AM »
This will not pass. 

Unless it does.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 11:17:11 AM »
Old news. Novak Djokovich. Wait, is Serbia still considered part of Czch?
You go brush up on Eastern European geography.  Really, Yugo now.........
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions