Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The way you obnoxious people are treateing this kid....

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
The way you obnoxious people are treateing this kid....
« on: February 11, 2014, 07:54:06 AM »
is unimaginable. He's having people talk about he and his family. He does NOT want the attention, can't you see?

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/02/alabama_signee_rashaan_evans_o.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Alabama signee Rashaan Evans on Auburn backlash: 'It's getting worse' (Twitter reacts)

Mark Heim | mheim@al.com By  Mark Heim | mheim@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on February 11, 2014 at 1:53 AM
 Rashaan Evans, a five-star linebacker from Auburn High School, knew there would be some unhappy people when he signed with Alabama.

But he didn't expect this.
"It's getting worse," Evans told TideSports.com. "Someone actually put out an article about my family's business telling all Auburn fans not to go there. We are going to eventually start losing money. People are telling restaurants in the town not to serve us."

While he said support from Alabama fans "has been by far the greatest," the negative feedback he is getting on social media has been nasty.

"People on Instagram are telling me how they hope I tear my ACL in game one," Evans said. "They will laugh when I do. They are saying my family is horrible and how they didn't raise me right. It's just crazy." 

For Evans' thoughts on Kirby Smart and his reaction to the way Reuben Foster has been treated, check out TideSports.com.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: The way you obnoxious people are treateing this kid....
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 09:48:47 AM »

THE HORROR!!!

Thanks to Andrew Bone & AL.com's collaborative efforts, this guy is getting 100x worse than that tweet. He didn't threaten him. He didn't tell him to kill himself. He didn't do anything anywhere near as bad as what Bama fans did to our recruits, or EVEN THEIR OWN PLAYERS.

AL.com is on a crusade, yet again, to try to find a yang to the ying that is poisoning trees, teabagging, breaking & entering to assault a random Auburn family, shooting a person dead for not being upset enough about the game, wheel kicking opposing fans from the stands of the Super Dome, etc. etc. etc. etc. They want so desperately to say "All fans are crazy."

And what irks me is that Auburn twitter is getting all sanctimonious over this. Auburn people are harassing this guy just as bad. And saying things like how ashamed and embarrassed they are at the "fringe" Auburn fans.

WHAT THE FUCK. Do they not understand that this is not simply a case of a guy choosing to go to Bama over Auburn? There are literally hundreds of examples of that happening, just in the Saban era alone. What that guy said in that tweet is 100% true. Evans wanted a circus, he got one. His daddy wanted to "show Auburn" for the great injustice that was Dye starting the greatest football player who ever lived over him, and thus "lying" to him. And in the process, making them dance like monkeys, inviting Bama coaches & players to the Auburn in-home, showing up late and leaving the coaches to wait on his arrival. Andrew Bone can quote me. FUCK RASHAAN EVANS AND DOUBLE FUCK HIS DADDY.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 09:54:23 AM »
breaking & entering to assault a random Auburn family

You serious, Clark?  I missed this one
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 10:43:03 AM »
Maybe Rashaan should actually listen and think about if some of the stuff he is reading is true. Or better yet, thought about it maybe 2 weeks ago. When his scumbag of a dad was playing us for fools and using HIM to do it for his own personal agenda. It will set in one day with him that he was used the whole time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 10:54:11 AM »
I listen to the whiny little bitch when he falls asleep in public and gets a ball sack on his face. OR someone kills the trees in his yard. OR someone shoots and kill someone over an AU/uat game.

Until then, he needs to put his big girl panties on an tough it out!

His daddy might need a pair also.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 11:11:43 AM »
http://mrsec.com/2014/02/auburn-fans-making-fools-recruit-iron-bowl-rivalry-proves-worst-america/
Auburn Fans Making Fools Of Themselves Over Recruit As Iron Bowl Rivalry Proves To Be The Worst In America, Again
February 11th, 2014 10:21 AM
Posted By: John Pennington

Opinion:  If an adult attempts to hurt a young man or his family because of his choice — his choice — of colleges, that adult is a lowlife and a fool.

Fact:  Many — not all, but many — Auburn fans are trying to hurt Rashaan Evans and his family via the internet because of his choice to attend Alabama.

Over the years we’ve done this site, we’ve seen fans from various schools rip players for signing with a rival school, for backing out of a commitment, for missing a kick in a big game, etc.  When that happens, I give you my take which is typically: “Those fans are fools.”

Inevitably the response is, “You hate fans!”  So just to be clear right up front… no, this writer doesn’t hate fans.  I hate the stupid fans.  Hate.  Can’t stand.  Despise.  Look down upon.  Mock.

Well, today it’s Auburn’s stupid fans who need a trip to the woodshed.  Since Evans — who attended Auburn High School — signed with Alabama last week, he and his family have been absolutely destroyed on Twitter.  (Shocking, I know, considering the fact that Twitter is the best avenue running for anonymous jackasses to spew hate from the safety of their own mother’s basement.)  Worse, the addresses of the family’s home and business have been posted online.

According to Evans himself:

“It’s getting worse.  Someone actually put out an article about my family’s business telling all Auburn fans not to go there.  We are going to eventually start losing money.  People are telling restaurants in the town not to serve us…

Social media has definitely been the worst.  People on Instagram are telling me how they hope I tear my ACL in Game One.  They will laugh when I do.  They are saying my family is horrible and how they didn’t raise me right.  It’s just crazy.”

Now, I could spin this off into my usual views on Twitter — a tool which simultaneously ramps up rage, lowers our national IQ, and disseminates false information — and how it will eventually be the downfall of our already running-on-borrowed-time Republic, but we’ll save that for another day.

So let’s just back to the stupidity of the Auburn fanbase.  Evans’ father attended Auburn.  He was the top running back in the state of Alabama in 1982 and he chose to play for the Tigers over the Tide.  Now, thirty years on, the AU fanbase is trying to destroy that same man’s business.

Guess there’s a 30-year statute of limitations on loyalty down on the Plains.

The good news in all of this is that Auburn fans — appropriately enough — are drawing attention from all over the nation because of their irrational response to this particular teenager choosing his college.  Act like fools, expect America to cover your foolishness.  You asked for it.

But before any Tiger fan can post an insult, mention Harvey Updyke or type the letters “WDE!,” let me make one other thing clear — it’s not just Auburn fans who make asses of themselves in the Yellowhammer State.  Alabama fans have also been ugly when in-state players have chosen to play for the Tigers over the Tide.

From threatening teenagers to poisoning trees — Good Lord, what a fool Updyke was — the Iron Bowl rivalry is the worst in the United States.  You read that right.  Not the best, the worst.

I’ve lived in Columbus, Ohio and experienced Ohio State/Michigan.  I’ve lived in the Tarheel State and witnessed North Carolina/Duke.  Fans of those schools don’t like the other school, but the level of pure, nasty hate in those rivalries can’t match the vile stuff that’s tied each year to the Alabama/Auburn rivalry.  Sadly, Tigers versus Tide takes first prize for lunacy.

Here’s guessing that the majority of the people who’ve ruined the UA/AU rivalry with their over-the-top theatrics — you know, the ones who’ve made Paul Finebaum rich — never even attended one of those two schools in the first place.  They’re almost certainly sidewalk alums.  Think about it.  No one smart enough to attend a university would also be so daffy as to threaten a recruit’s family business.

But, oh, how those sidewalk alums do make their schools look bad.  Year after year and month after month.  Quick — think of all the nonsense that’s surrounded the Iron Bowl rivalry in recent years.  That includes all of the allegations of illegal activity that the schools’ fans toss at one another.  From Cam Newton to T-Town Menswear, rival fans are typically the ones playing amateur sleuth and pushing this stuff to the media.  (The irony is that both schools have been caught cheating so many times it’s hard to keep count on which number is higher — NCAA probations or national championships?)

Now try to think of the worst stories from Michigan/OSU or Duke/UNC.  Hell, toss in Texas/Texas A&M, for that matter.  No other rivalry in America runs as ugly as Alabama/Auburn.  None even come close.  No fans bring so much negative attention to their schools as those fans of Alabama and Auburn.

It’s a damn shame, but it’s absolutely true.

So congratulations nitwittish Auburn fans.  You’re the asses who are making a mockery of the Iron Bowl rivalry, your school and your state today.  Way to go.

Alabama fans, you’re on the clock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 11:16:26 AM »
You are missing the point of all this.  When his daddy conveniently closes up shop to move his business to the crapstone it will be because Auburn fans were so mean and wouldn't use his business anymore. Not because the money he will be getting from boosters.....I mean quality upstanding Tuscaloosa citizens.

#struggleoverwit
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 11:20:59 AM »
You are missing the point of all this.  When his daddy conveniently closes up shop to move his business to the crapstone it will be because Auburn fans were so mean and wouldn't use his business anymore. Not because the money he will be getting from boosters.....I mean quality upstanding Tuscaloosa citizens.

#struggleoverwit

Don't care. They can have him. He chose this. Let them support his family for years to come.

The AU area has been good to Evans. He used his connection to build a business. Now he expects people to continue on knowing that connection was a lie. That is not how human nature works.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 01:54:03 PM »
#FAMILY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 01:56:44 PM »
Getting zero media attention:
https://twitter.com/DaLamb89/status/433091382795059200
@DaLamb89

The #Auburn family is filled with love! Never hatred! I got trashed when I flipped like I was a useless dog And this all you guys see? #WDE
https://twitter.com/DaLamb89/status/433297763733090304
@DaLamb89

Don't get mad at me because #Auburn has the best fans in the nation! #YouMadBro? #AllForAuburn #WarEagle #SEC #BleedOrangeAndBlue #WDE

https://twitter.com/kalvarexbessent/status/410212982619377664
@kalvarexbessent Dec 9

Never knew Bama fans was like this but one day some of you guys will grow up!!
Collapse
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 02:00:50 PM »
What is truly mind-fuckingly ridiculous is how much more media attention this bullshit has already gotten than all the T-Town Tom stories, Fluker, #struggleoverwit, & HaHa Clinton-Dix COMBINED.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 02:01:59 PM »
#FAMILY

Yeah if you're in it. Lie and stab it in the back? Deal with the consequences.

Does Cochran have a program up there that helps with Mangitis? RE will need it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 02:12:43 PM »
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/02/rashaan_evans_father_makes_ple.html

Rashaan Evans' father makes plea to negative fans: 'How would you feel if this were your child?'
Rashaan Evans Signing Day 2014
Auburn High's Rashaan Evans talks with the media after choosing to commit to Alabama, Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Matt Scalici
February 11, 2014 at 12:41 PM

In the days since publicly choosing Alabama over Auburn, linebacker Rashaan Evans says he has been on the receiving end of negative and hurtful comments from angry Auburn fans both on the web and in person.

After watching his son deal with the public criticism from fans of the team he once played for, Rashaan's father Alan Evans said he and his family have been disappointed with the treatment they've received both on the Internet and in their hometown.

"It's kind of disturbing to know that it's such a thin line between love and hate," Alan said. "A couple weeks ago before he made his decision, Auburn was handing him the keys to the kingdom when they thought he was a lock. Now they want to crucify Rashaan and his family because he wanted to do what he thought was best for him and his future."

Among the most troubling instances of public backlash so far has been directed not simply at Rashaan, but at the family as a whole, Alan Evans said, including their family-owned Corner Market store in Auburn.

"I don't spend time on message boards but I was made aware by some friends of posts on several Auburn message boards calling for a boycott of our business," he said. "It's shocking and hurtful to find out people who used to support us have decided to try and hurt us simply because our son chose to attend a different school than the one they root for."

Evans also said he has heard and disagrees with comments from Auburn fans and recruits saying that fan backlash is a normal part of the recruiting experience.

"I don't agree with the people who say this kind of thing comes with the territory," he said. "I understand that fans say outrageous things to almost every high-profile recruit, but very rarely do they have to endure the things that Rashaan is going through. They aren't just saying negative things to him on Twitter. They are trying to hurt him and his family by having a negative impact on our livelihood.

"I understand that people in this state take football very seriously and that's part of what makes it exciting, but when you start trying to hurt other people because of this game, you need to take a step back and think about what's going on. I guess the thing I would ask most of the people writing these hurtful things is how would you feel if this were your child? Why do you feel the need to heap all this negativity onto a young man who is just beginning his life? I think if people asked themselves those questions, they might think twice before writing some of these things they've written. You can do a lot of harm with the words you put out there and I hope people think about that."

Evans said the silver lining of the situation has been the outpouring of support from the Alabama community.

"I'm so glad that where thousands of Auburn fans have thrown my family away and ridiculed and scandalized our name, called us everything but a child of God, thousands of Alabama fans have embraced us and welcomed us to the Capstone," he said. "They have called us and let us know personally that they stand behind Rashaan and his family and awaiting his arrival to the University of Alabama."
#THOUSANDS!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 02:12:50 PM »
What is truly mind-fudgeingly ridiculous is how much more media attention this bullshoot has already gotten than all the T-Town Tom stories, Fluker, #struggleoverwit, & HaHa Clinton-Dix COMBINED.
Doesn't surprise me. And attention, any attention, is obviously what makes the Evans family tick.

Are we really supposed to believe that this was a "night before signing day" decision? I don't believe that it was. But, if it was, a lot of this could have been prevented with better planning.

Don't play the team you didn't choose and then rub it in their face on the facebook. That would be a good start. Alan was trying to provoke AU fans. He knows it and we know it.

I'm over it. Let us stop allowing him to even attempt becoming relevant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 02:12:57 PM »
So, Did the kid call the AU coaches just minutes before he flipped, or not?

Why was his bio posted? Are we that inept at the interwebs?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2014, 02:14:24 PM »
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/02/rashaan_evans_father_makes_ple.html
#THOUSANDS!

fuck him

No Seriously. Fuck fuck fuck him. He's nothing but a damn attention whore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2014, 02:14:37 PM »
Thanks for posting. Now I FINALLY know which store to boycott.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 02:16:00 PM »
Thanks for posting. Now I FINALLY know which store to boycott.

Also: Evans Realty on Glenn. (Which gets shitty ratings anywhere you look on the gorewebbz)

Just sayin.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE