Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Missouri DE Michael Sam Announces He is Gay

Missouri DE Michael Sam Announces He is Gay
« on: February 09, 2014, 10:36:39 PM »
SportsCenter ?@SportsCenter 1m

BREAKING: Missouri DE Michael Sam, SEC co-Defensive Player of the Year, says he is gay; could become first openly gay NFL player.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Re: Missouri DE Michael Sam Announces He is Gay
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 10:52:55 PM »
Donovan Bonner @ElTorroOcho
We knew of his status for 5 years and not one team member, coach, or staff member said anything says a lot about our family atmosphere

Really says a lot about the leadership and environment of the Missouri program.  They handled it exactly how it should be handled.  This SHOULD be a huge selling point in recruiting though I don't think we're quite there yet. 

I hate how ESPN and others are going to preach to me that he's a hero.  But I hate it whenever anyone tries to define my heroes for me.

Good for the young man to have the courage to come out to his team years ago.  Even better on them to not only accept him as just another teammate but also look to him as a leader throughout his career. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 11:08:51 PM »
Now he will have a built in excuse if he gets cut from the NFL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 11:22:19 PM »
MIZ-ZOU! MIZ-ZOU!

Yeah.  It's a selling point all right. 

You know what real courage is?  Controlling your emotions so you can behave in a manner acceptable to society. 

There's not a day that goes by that I don't want to kill someone.  The urge is strong some days.  But I don't kill people because it's wrong.  And if I did, I wouldn't claim that murdering was okay because everybody has feelings and the rest of the world should accept my alternative lifestyle choice. 

What happens when the polygamists claim nobody's really being hurt?  What happens when baby rapists claim it's consensual? 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 11:25:47 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 09:16:34 AM »
Yep. Mizzou beat us all to the punch and now all of the openly gay recruits will flock to Missouri. Which really, just goes to prove what my grandfather told me when I was a kid. He said, "Son, the only thing in Missouri is steers and queers."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 09:43:52 AM »
Non story.

Wanna be gay? Be gay. Why an "event", why an "announcement"?

It's become just another way to have all eyes on you. Attention.

In this day and age I just don't know why it's a big deal anymore. Just BE. It's not bold. It's not courageous. Gimme a break. A guy signing up to go to the front lines in the middle easy for pretty much minimum wage...that's courageous. If being gay is acceptable now why all the hoopla when someone is? Hoopla created by....the person that's gay and the supporters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 09:46:39 AM »
There's not a day that goes by that I don't want to kill someone.  The urge is strong some days.  But I don't kill people because it's wrong.  And if I did, I wouldn't claim that murdering was okay because everybody has feelings and the rest of the world should accept my alternative lifestyle choice. 
If serious, this is terrifying.

What happens when the polygamists claim nobody's really being hurt?
They're not. You have a victim in mind, I assume.
What happens when baby rapists claim it's consensual?
It obviously isn't.

There's a pretty clear and obvious line between what makes consenting adults happy and victimizing people/things that are incapable of consent. But I guess coming from someone who merely suppresses his constant urges to commit murder daily because the Bible tells him it's wrong, I shouldn't be surprised by your uncalibrated moral compass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 09:50:32 AM »
Non story.

Wanna be gay? Be gay. Why an "event", why an "announcement"?

It's become just another way to have all eyes on you. Attention.

In this day and age I just don't know why it's a big deal anymore. Just BE. It's not bold. It's not courageous. Gimme a break. A guy signing up to go to the front lines in the middle easy for pretty much minimum wage...that's courageous. If being gay is acceptable now why all the hoopla when someone is? Hoopla created by....the person that's gay and the supporters.
It's not a big deal to be black and play in the major leagues either.

When Jackie Robinson became the first, it was of historical note.

When the co-defensive player of year for the undisputed best conference in college football outs himself, and will enter the NFL draft to become not only the first openly gay player in the NFL, but the first person to go into the NFL as an openly gay man, it's similarly of note.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 09:56:07 AM »
There's a pretty clear and obvious line between what makes consenting adults happy and victimizing people/things that are incapable of consent.
Every time that I've had an opportunity to be on the receiving end of a salami slide, I've declined. But, you are right. It's always nice to have options. I guess.

I support you regardless of your orientation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 10:06:02 AM »
It's not a big deal to be black and play in the major leagues either.

When Jackie Robinson became the first, it was of historical note.

When the co-defensive player of year for the undisputed best conference in college football outs himself, and will enter the NFL draft to become not only the first openly gay player in the NFL, but the first person to go into the NFL as an openly gay man, it's similarly of note.

Plight of blacks vs that of gays are not even close to being the same. Blacks had NO rights. Not just marriage rights but human rights. They were slaves dude. Gays have always had the right to live free, do what they want and be where they wanna be. Yes they haven't always had the same marriage rights (and beneficiary benefits) but it's not even remotely comparable to what the blacks went through. So when a guy like Jackie Robinson makes it to the big leagues, yes it's a big deal. His grandparents weren't even free people. And now he's a MLB ball player. Lot bigger deal. He overcame a ton of adversity to be able to play ball. Against a lot of odds. There was nothing courageous about what Sam or Jason Collins did. They like to bang other guys in the dookie chute. That's not heroic. Like THS said, I'm tired of ESPN and the other sensationalist media telling me what's courageous and heroic all for the sake of a good story. This really isn't a big deal.

They can't continue on with all the equal rights chatter and how they just wanna be like everyone else in society and be accepted as normal - when everytime someone decides they wanna be a homo, to make a spectacle of it and be called a hero.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 10:08:48 AM »
it's similarly of note.
Maybe this is so but I've always thought it would leave a sour taste in one's mouth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 10:23:20 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

noxin

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 10:33:35 AM »
This SHOULD be a huge selling point in recruiting though I don't think we're quite there yet. 

Hey kid, sign with Auburn and you'll get to knock the shit out of gays on the other SEC teams
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 10:35:11 AM »
MIZ-ZOU! MIZ-ZOU!

Yeah.  It's a selling point all right. 

You know what real courage is?  Controlling your emotions so you can behave in a manner acceptable to society. 

What happens when the polygamists claim nobody's really being hurt?  What happens when baby rapists claim it's consensual?

Full.
Tard.

Especially that last sentence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 10:35:17 AM »
I must admit that I am interested in seeing which rooster Sam ends up on.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 11:26:51 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 11:26:50 AM »
Plight of blacks vs that of gays are not even close to being the same. Blacks had NO rights. Not just marriage rights but human rights. They were slaves dude. Gays have always had the right to live free, do what they want and be where they wanna be. Yes they haven't always had the same marriage rights (and beneficiary benefits) but it's not even remotely comparable to what the blacks went through. So when a guy like Jackie Robinson makes it to the big leagues, yes it's a big deal. His grandparents weren't even free people. And now he's a MLB ball player. Lot bigger deal. He overcame a ton of adversity to be able to play ball. Against a lot of odds. There was nothing courageous about what Sam or Jason Collins did. They like to bang other guys in the dookie chute. That's not heroic. Like THS said, I'm tired of ESPN and the other sensationalist media telling me what's courageous and heroic all for the sake of a good story. This really isn't a big deal.

They can't continue on with all the equal rights chatter and how they just wanna be like everyone else in society and be accepted as normal - when everytime someone decides they wanna be a homo, to make a spectacle of it and be called a hero.

This goes back to other arguments that we have with the younguns on this board. They have been fully educated in the liberal doctrine. They somehow believe there is proof that man comes from monkeys and gays were born that way.

it matters not there has NEVER been any scientific proof of either. Yet when it comes to another liberal battle cry, global warming, they want to spout empirical evidence.

This guy chooses to suck dick. If he can live with that deviant behavior, then so be it. But I. nor those like me. should be forced to agree with it or celebrate it as a civil rights victory. To equate the two is moronic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 11:30:51 AM »
This goes back to other arguments that we have with the younguns on this board. They have been fully educated in the liberal doctrine. They somehow believe there is proof that man comes from monkeys and gays were born that way.

it matters not there has NEVER been any scientific proof of either. Yet when it comes to another liberal battle cry, global warming, they want to spout empirical evidence.

This guy chooses to suck dick. If he can live with that deviant behavior, then so be it. But I. nor those like me. should be forced to agree with it or celebrate it as a civil rights victory. To equate the two is moronic.

Weren't you the same guy that said we should be able to snipe Mexicans that cross over the border illegally?

You don't have to agree with it.  You don't have to celebrate it at all.  But you do have to accept it as a lifestyle choice that is out of your control. 

And the "there ain't no gaddam gay jean" argument is disingenuous.  A friend of mine is an M3 at UAB's med school.  She said that in their ethics class, it was explained that there is no pinpointed gene to determine one's sexuality, but it has been determined that sexual orientation is influenced by both genetics and psychology. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 11:33:53 AM »
And the "there ain't no gaddam gay jean" argument is disingenuous.
I wholeheartedly agree. What size do you wear?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 11:35:46 AM »
Weren't you the same guy that said we should be able to snipe Mexicans that cross over the border illegally?

You don't have to agree with it.  You don't have to celebrate it at all.  But you do have to accept it as a lifestyle choice that is out of your control. 

And the "there ain't no gaddam gay jean" argument is disingenuous.  A friend of mine is an M3 at UAB's med school.  She said that in their ethics class, it was explained that there is no pinpointed gene to determine one's sexuality, but it has been determined that sexual orientation is influenced by both genetics and psychology. 

Then have them study and PROVE it. Because it has not been proven yet and probably will not be. I can do a genetic test on a human and tell if he was born black. No can do with gays. CHOICE!

And if a person is crossing our border illegally, he is an invader and can be presumed dangerous. Until America learns to think of it in that manner, we will continue to be saddled with the burden of supporting invaders that want America to be Mexico. So what is your point?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 11:50:56 AM »

This guy chooses to suck richard. If he can live with that deviant behavior, then so be it. But I. nor those like me. should be forced to agree with it or celebrate it as a civil rights victory. To equate the two is moronic.

I'm actively trying not to get involved in the debate that is about to ensue (mainly because I'm going out of town Wednesday and won't be near a computer), but it's not as black-and-white as you want to make it. 

Same-gender attraction is as real as any other attraction.  Some people are wired that way.  The fact that he acted on it was a choice, yes.  No one forced him to suck on a hard one.  But you are kidding yourself if you think that a straight dude just up and said "You know what, I want to make a name for myself.  I think I'll bang / be banged by some dudes." 

And for the record, I'm as far from the liberal doctrine as you can get.  I don't believe that men came from monkeys.  I think man-made global warming is a joke.   So be careful painting with such a broad brush.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions