Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Missouri DE Michael Sam Announces He is Gay

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Missouri DE Michael Sam Announces He is Gay
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 12:00:01 PM »
This goes back to other arguments that we have with the younguns on this board. They have been fully educated in the liberal doctrine. They somehow believe there is proof that man comes from monkeys and gays were born that way.

it matters not there has NEVER been any scientific proof of either. Yet when it comes to another liberal battle cry, global warming, they want to spout empirical evidence.
LOL. There's no scientific proof of evolution?

Just because you dismiss science at every turn doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

You, for example, evolved from these guys.

As for what makes a person gay, first of all to assume it is a pure choice is assuming a lot of people are going extremely far with a troll. Would you CHOOSE to live your entire life never having any sexual contact with a woman, but only suck dick and take it in the ass? No, you say? Well then what makes actual gay people any different? If it's entirely a choice, and is not determined by any biological or psychological factors, then what is different about them that allows them to submit to that for their lives, whereas you cannot? Just to stick it to the man? That's dedication.

Secondly, there are plenty of studies that have been done and are being done to determine the scientific cause of homosexuality. The consensus is pretty much as THS said. No one factor.

Interestingly enough, evolution, which you choose not to believe is a real thing, is one of the many factors. Homosexuality culls overpopulation.
MacIntyre F, Estep KW (1993). "Sperm competition and the persistence of genes for male homosexuality". BioSystems 31 (2–3): 223–33. doi:10.1016/0303-2647(93)90051-D. PMID 8155854.

Here is a link to 91 different studies on the subject.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation#References

Zero of them concluded it is a pure choice.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:21:41 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 12:02:51 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 12:07:22 PM »
I'm actively trying not to get involved in the debate that is about to ensue (mainly because I'm going out of town Wednesday and won't be near a computer), but it's not as black-and-white as you want to make it. 

Same-gender attraction is as real as any other attraction.  Some people are wired that way.  The fact that he acted on it was a choice, yes.  No one forced him to suck on a hard one.  But you are kidding yourself if you think that a straight dude just up and said "You know what, I want to make a name for myself.  I think I'll bang / be banged by some dudes." 
Beat me to essentially the same point.

Similar to Kaos's position that he only doesn't murder because he's been told it's wrong.

If the only thing keeping CCTAU from a life of exclusively gay sex is that he "chose" to restrain himself from such temptation because he's been told it's wrong, then that says more about him than anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/12/11/scientists-may-have-finally-unlocked-puzzle-of-why-people-are-gay

http://io9.com/5967426/scientists-confirm-that-homosexuality-is-not-genetic--but-it-arises-in-the-womb

Cliffs:
Writing in The Quarterly Review of Biology, researchers William Rice, a professor at the University of California, Santa Barbara, and Urban Friberg, a professor at Uppsala University in Sweden, believe that homosexuality can be explained by the presence of epi-marks — temporary switches that control how our genes are expressed during gestation and after we're born.

Specifically, the researchers discovered sex-specific epi-marks which, unlike most genetic switches, get passed down from father to daughter or mother to son. Most epi-marks don't normally pass between generations and are essentially "erased." Rice and Friberg say this explains why homosexuality appears to run in families, yet has no real genetic underpinning.

Epigenetic mechanisms can be seen as an added layer of information that clings to our DNA. Epi-marks regulate the expression of genes according to the strength of external cues. Genes are basically the instruction book, while epi-marks direct how those instructions get carried out. For example, they can determine when, where, and how much of a gene gets expressed.

Moreover, epi-marks are usually produced from scratch with each generation — but new evidence is showing that they can sometimes carryover from parent to child. It's this phenomenon that gives the impression of having shared genes with relatives.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 12:30:50 PM »

You don't have to agree with it.  You don't have to celebrate it at all.  But you do have to accept it as a lifestyle choice that is out of your control. 

That's where you're wrong.  Not only do I NOT have to accept it, I don't. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 12:31:26 PM »
Over/Under on 6 pages by 5:00 PM?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 12:32:16 PM »
Gawd Damnit guys!  Can we get back to the problem at hand?

Obviously there was blatant ghey bashing in the SEC championship by all of Auburn's offense. 

Fuckin' bunch of thugs!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 12:34:17 PM »
I'm actively trying not to get involved in the debate that is about to ensue (mainly because I'm going out of town Wednesday and won't be near a computer), but it's not as black-and-white as you want to make it. 

Same-gender attraction is as real as any other attraction.  Some people are wired that way.  The fact that he acted on it was a choice, yes.  No one forced him to suck on a hard one.  But you are kidding yourself if you think that a straight dude just up and said "You know what, I want to make a name for myself.  I think I'll bang / be banged by some dudes." 

And for the record, I'm as far from the liberal doctrine as you can get.  I don't believe that men came from monkeys.  I think man-made global warming is a joke.   So be careful painting with such a broad brush.

If it's genetic, then it can be cured.  That makes it a deviation, like mongo.

If it's a choice then you don't get equal rights for making bad choices.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 12:44:32 PM »

Non-blue eyes and non-blonde hair can be "cured" too, Hitler. Not everyone wants to be "cured".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 12:57:14 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 01:02:08 PM »
I don't "accept it" like these guys either. Who wants to walk around bow-legged all the time?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2014, 01:05:25 PM »

Well, you're right.  I was wrong to say you don't have to accept it. 

Just like you don't have to accept integration, interracial marriage, the abolition of slavery, the outlawing of indentured servitude, and the fact that some American citizens here legally speak a different language than English. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2014, 01:13:23 PM »
Non-blue eyes and non-blonde hair can be "cured" too, Hitler. Not everyone wants to be "cured".
What you choose to do in your bedroom or airport men's room does not concern me. I just want to say that although I don't support the lifestyle,  I do appreciate the bravery you display by speaking up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2014, 02:20:47 PM »

And for the record, I'm as far from the liberal doctrine as you can get.  I don't believe that men came from monkeys.  I think man-made global warming is a joke.   So be careful painting with such a broad brush.

FAG!          :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Ogre

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2014, 02:27:35 PM »
FAG!          :haha:

I'm disappointed in you.  I was waiting for one of these:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2014, 02:40:31 PM »
So the SEC defensive player of the year has announced he's a cocksucker. Dammit. Couldn't he have just robbed a liquor store or something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2014, 02:47:29 PM »
I must admit that I am interested in seeing which rooster Sam ends up on.

If by "rooster" you meant "roster", that should be obvious.

San Francisco.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2014, 02:58:47 PM »

This is one of the most willfully ignorant arguments you make on any subject where you speak only in absolutes and refuse to be disuaded that your opinion is the only one any other human should ever have.

Millions of people with genetic disorders beg to differ with you.  In fact, very few, if any, genetic disorders can be cured, at least not with medical science as we know it today.  The very word "genetic" is your first clue that these things are formed at the most basic building blocks of human life, and are replicated a million times over and over.  It's not a matter of killing a bacteria or supressing a virus.  You can't alter every strand of genetic material in someone's body. 

Not to mention that if being gay could be "cured", that every gay person would rush to do so.  Not every gay is miserable because he would rather fuck a man than a woman.  Plenty of them are happy with who they are.  Just because that is not a lifestyle you would want to continue doesn't automtically make it a disease.

I know, you hate gays and buttsex and their entire deviant lifestyle and hell will freeze over before you change your mind.  And that's fine.  But when you make statements like the one above, you sound ignorant. The reality is that just because YOU don't like it will not make it go away, and just because YOU think it's deviant does not mean it won't continue to happen around your little island of Kaosland, and be accepted by our society.  Last time I checked, YOU weren't in charge of anything other than your little world and for that I am grateful.  Or else I might find myself back home in the kitchen, cleaning house and raising children, making you a sammich in my bare feet.  Fuck that.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2014, 02:59:18 PM »
Shower time should be interesting wherever he lands.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2014, 02:59:40 PM »
If by "rooster" you meant "roster", that should be obvious.

San Francisco.
I think he meant cock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum