Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Official 2014 NSD Thread

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Official 2014 NSD Thread
« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2014, 02:10:30 PM »
Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but I'm not ready to raise a victory flag over today, WarTim.

Very average class. Sitting at #8 on Scout, Rivals, & ESPN. I'm not mad or upset, or think this is "bad", but I don't think it's outstanding either.

Sixth in the SEC.

That's about what we do every year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Mower Starz is the be-all, end-all. We're filling needs, which of course I'd prefer to crootin' championships.

Just hard to get solid wood over what was expected. You always hope for good surprises on signing day. To get more than just what you knew you were getting. Braden Smith is the only guy (pending Andrew Williams's commit) that can qualify. And we missed on four others, including a couple where we were considered the favorites.

You see what LSU is doing today? That's the excitement that'd be nice.

I guess I expected too much from the "New Day".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2014, 02:18:24 PM »
Now #8 in the nation is average?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2014, 02:19:00 PM »
Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but I'm not ready to raise a victory flag over today, WarTim.

Very average class. Sitting at #8 on Scout, Rivals, & ESPN. I'm not mad or upset, or think this is "bad", but I don't think it's outstanding either.

Sixth in the SEC.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Mower Starz is the be-all, end-all. We're filling needs, which of course I'd prefer to crootin' championships.

Just hard to get solid wood over what was expected. You always hope for good surprises on signing day. To get more than just what you knew you were getting. Braden Smith is the only guy (pending Andrew Williams's commit) that can qualify. And we missed on four others, including a couple where we were considered the favorites.

your attitude sucks. 

and your warn meter has been adjusted. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2014, 02:20:45 PM »

he fails at simple math.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2014, 02:21:39 PM »
Average for us. Has been since the recruiting rankings started as a thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #145 on: February 05, 2014, 02:21:51 PM »
he fails at simple math.

It puts us in the 16th percentile
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2014, 02:25:15 PM »
And I'm sick and fucking tired of Bama flipping an AU commit on signing day, and NEVER the reverse.

Always a 5* big hullaballoo hat-switch ESPN live telecast type of player.

I thought we were done with that shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2014, 02:25:41 PM »
Williams is an Auburn Tiger. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2014, 02:26:24 PM »
Good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #149 on: February 05, 2014, 02:27:00 PM »
Average for us. Has been since the recruiting rankings started as a thing.

I'll take average if we can go to the big game once every three years!

They can have their recruiting and aday championships!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2014, 02:27:41 PM »
And I'm sick and fucking tired of Bama flipping an AU commit on signing day, and NEVER the reverse.

I totally agree with you on this.  FUCK bama!  It's like it's a part of their recruiting plan each year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #151 on: February 05, 2014, 02:40:16 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #152 on: February 05, 2014, 02:47:51 PM »
I thought Andy Williams died a while back.  Moon river.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2014, 02:48:13 PM »
Chizad's post tranlated in hashtag:

#strugglestillon
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2014, 02:50:36 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2014, 02:53:30 PM »

They think it still burns us and tarnishes our year when they do it.  It was tough with Cyrus and Yeldon.  Now?  Whatever.  We all saw it coming. 

I take solace in the fact that one day, their group of assholes will experience the decline of their program.  I do believe it has started already, but if it hasn't, one day, Saban will retire or die of old age or his schtick will quit working.  Then the Evanses and Fosters and Koundjiros will get to sit back and reflect on their decision to participate in being an asshole on a declining program instead of being a contributor at a program that doesn't need undefeated seasons every year to feel content

Further, I sincerely believe that Saban is scrambling in his office right now and will do so until next season, and if I am right, he will continue to scramble until he decides to retire.  Johnny Manziel lit up his defense.  Gus Malzahn lit up his defense.  Oklahoma lit up his defense. 

He's been figured out.  He hired Lane Kiffin to create a competitive offense because he knows his defense is getting punched in the mouth.  I do not believe for one second that his dictator-type personality will protect him from falling just like Tuberville.  He thinks about his defense first and foremost, and it's going to cost him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2014, 02:57:19 PM »
Rivals has us 8th.  Just checked their site and it shows 22 commits with 3 five star guys and10 four stars.  It has not been updated to include Andrew Williams and for some reason, has Dontavius Russell listed as committed but not signed.  We still have room for 2-3 more players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2014, 02:59:28 PM »

Sixth in the SEC.

You ain't got no problem, Chazz. Gus is on the motherfucker. Go back in there, chill the fuck out and wait for the Roc who should be coming directly.

About what we usually do?  Not really.  During Tuberville's time we were usually middle of the pack.  A few splashes (Carnell Williams, Ben Obamanu some defensive guys here and there) but it wasn't a "win the stars battle or bust" thing.  And we did pretty okay. 

Chizik (and Malzahn) realized that we had to do that star battle thing a little bit and we started getting consistent top tens.  Done pretty okay with what we have. 

I'm not unhappy at all.  We got pretty much every legitimate target on our board except for that douche-eating, lying sack of yak scat who was playing us the whole time for his father's perverted amusement. 

What you've got to understand is that the star thing is rigged.  I've explained all that before as to how I know for absolute sure it's a scam, but I promise you it is.  Stars are designed to benefit certain programs. Kids are bumped up or down to satisfy the people who buy the magazines and pay the subscriptions. 

If X program "looks" at a recruit that's worth a star.  We're NEVER going to win that.  Ever.  It's not designed for us to do so.  They create a self-fulfilling prophecy so that people who flock to the sites are satisfied because the schools they support are the ones that get ratings bumps for "looking" at players. 

Look at the class signed by A&M.  Would you REALLY trade the kids we have for the ones they got?  Or Tennessee?  Got 431 kids on the board so they can claim recruiting momentum.   Would you swap a single player Auburn signed for one of theirs?  I wouldn't. 

So..... again...

You ain't got no problem, Chazz. Gus is on the motherfucker. Go back in there, chill the fuck out and wait for the Roc who should be coming directly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2014, 03:04:38 PM »
Yes, please to be splaining why FSU can sign 30 and UT 31.  I thought that shift got stopped several years back. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2014, 03:05:48 PM »
You ain't got no problem, Chazz. Gus is on the motherfudgeer. Go back in there, chill the fudge out and wait for the Roc who should be coming directly.

About what we usually do?  Not really.  During Tuberville's time we were usually middle of the pack.  A few splashes (Carnell Williams, Ben Obamanu some defensive guys here and there) but it wasn't a "win the stars battle or bust" thing.  And we did pretty okay. 

Chizik (and Malzahn) realized that we had to do that star battle thing a little bit and we started getting consistent top tens.  Done pretty okay with what we have. 

I'm not unhappy at all.  We got pretty much every legitimate target on our board except for that douche-eating, lying sack of yak scat who was playing us the whole time for his father's perverted amusement. 

What you've got to understand is that the star thing is rigged.  I've explained all that before as to how I know for absolute sure it's a scam, but I promise you it is.  Stars are designed to benefit certain programs. Kids are bumped up or down to satisfy the people who buy the magazines and pay the subscriptions. 

If X program "looks" at a recruit that's worth a star.  We're NEVER going to win that.  Ever.  It's not designed for us to do so.  They create a self-fulfilling prophecy so that people who flock to the sites are satisfied because the schools they support are the ones that get ratings bumps for "looking" at players. 

Look at the class signed by A&M.  Would you REALLY trade the kids we have for the ones they got?  Or Tennessee?  Got 431 kids on the board so they can claim recruiting momentum.   Would you swap a single player Auburn signed for one of theirs?  I wouldn't. 

So..... again...

You ain't got no problem, Chazz. Gus is on the motherfudgeer. Go back in there, chill the fudge out and wait for the Roc who should be coming directly.
^^^This mofo is right. At least this time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com