Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Get the Gringo (Spoilers)

Get the Gringo (Spoilers)
« on: February 04, 2014, 06:28:19 PM »
I thought Mel Gibson disappeared in the PC prison after his outrage against Jews?  And his abusive phone call to his mistress?

Anyways, I read some good things about this movie, and it was an hour and a half long, so I pushed play.

It was decent.  Mostly your typical action movie plot points.  It's big draw is the setting.  A Mexican prison where the inmates must stay, but their families can come and go, and most come in to live with them.  Kind of an "Escape from New York" type of setting.

There were two problems though.  #1, there wasn't a big twist to make you appreciate having watched it.  He stole some money, killed the guys who took it from him, killed the guy he stole it from, and then got the money back.  #2, it was dated.  If this movie came out in the 80s or 90s, I could see it being current, but your old fashioned, bad stunts, bad one liner action movies are a thing of the past. 

5/10. 

4.5/10 if you take into account that there were some hot Mexican chicks in the film that didn't get naked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Get the Gringo (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 06:41:52 PM »
There is a movie thread.  It's supposed to be mine but others add crap in there all the time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.