Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Was I the only one that took offense to theCoke commercial during the super bow?

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Or do other countries really teach their residents to sing America The Beautiful in their language?

I think this about sums it up:

http://www.caintv.com/the-problem-with-the-coke-ad-y
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:27:41 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
I thought it was weird.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
I thought the Bob Dylan commercial was funnier when he was talking about "letting the Asians put our phones together".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

My grandfather on my mother's side came to America in 1918 only knowing how to speak Italian.

My great grandfather on my father's side came to America with a thick Irish accent. 

One of my good friends speaks Spanish as his native language, and he has a thick accent when he speaks English.

Our history is built on a plethora of cultures coming together to create what our country is today.  Despite who was in political and economic control for the first few hundred years of our country's existence, it by a large part was a large mix of different languages, cultures, and beliefs.

The ad was fine and didn't step on anyone's toes except the old conservative white man who thinks English is the official and only language of the planet Earth. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
My grandfather on my mother's side came to America in 1918 only knowing how to speak Italian.

My great grandfather on my father's side came to America with a thick Irish accent. 

One of my good friends speaks Spanish as his native language, and he has a thick accent when he speaks English.

Our history is built on a plethora of cultures coming together to create what our country is today.  Despite who was in political and economic control for the first few hundred years of our country's existence, it by a large part was a large mix of different languages, cultures, and beliefs.

The ad was fine and didn't step on anyone's toes except the old conservative white man who thinks English is the official and only language of the planet Earth.

It's not?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

Assimilate. What a concept.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!

It's the official language of the United States of America, by damn. 

I don't care to hear a bunch of gibberish. 

Coke can suck it.  I like the drink but they've gone nuts the last ten years or so.  The ad campaigns with the freaky things swirling around and making cokes and this kind of silly nonsense. 

If people in other countries want to sing America in farsi or Klingon or hobbit, I could care less. But here?  English, bitch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!

So your Italian grandfather ONLY spoke Italian here in the new world?

This has nothing to do with PLANET  EARTH. We are talking AMERICA the beautiful. Did your Italian grandaddy learn to sing that in Italian? Wa he taught that in Italy/ hell, was your Irish grandaddy taught it in Ireland.

Did your Spanish speaking friend learn to sing it in Spanish.

You totally missed the point. Read the comments. A lot of non-white old man conservatives were offended also.

Funny how the article was written by a woman. Read shit before you get sand in your vagina.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

This has nothing to do with PLANET  EARTH. We are talking AMERICA the beautiful. Did your Italian grandaddy learn to sing that in Italian? Wa he taught that in Italy/ hell, was your Irish grandaddy taught it in Ireland.

You totally missed the point. Read the comments. A lot of non-white old man conservatives were offended also.

Funny how the article was written by a woman. Read shit before you get sand in your vagina.

It's ironic too because at his age he is more akin to what we used to call the "Pepsi generation".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Assimilate. What a concept.

The ad didn't say not to assimilate.  It celebrated cultural ancestry, history, and practice. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No.  And the Coke ad didn't say to only speak those languages.  It just celebrated that they are too part of this country.

If you think the ad was saying that everyone should sing it in a foreign language, then you're being obtuse.  Which I think is evident considering that you think I was serious with the planet Earth comment.

Why is that funny?  What does being a woman have to do with it?  And I did read it.  It was a stupid article with an invalid opinion. 

I did find this part funny:

I did not watch the “big game” because I just don’t care which body part the name-of-the-week celebrity decides to shake in between half-second clips of football.

While criticizing an ad for celebrity the diversity of America, she condescends the Super Bowl, which is one of the largest events of the year that is considered distinctly American. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

No.  And the Coke ad didn't say to only speak those languages.  It just celebrated that they are too part of this country.

If you think the ad was saying that everyone should sing it in a foreign language, then you're being obtuse.  Which I think is evident considering that you think I was serious with the planet Earth comment.

Why is that funny?  What does being a woman have to do with it?  And I did read it.  It was a stupid article with an invalid opinion. 

I did find this part funny:

While criticizing an ad for celebrity the diversity of America, she condescends the Super Bowl, which is one of the largest events of the year that is considered distinctly American.

I hope coke does another commercial for China where Americans and Europeans are singing the Chinese national anthem. You know, to celebrate diversity and all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

I hope coke does another commercial for China where Americans and Europeans are singing the Chinese national anthem. You know, to celebrate diversity and all.

China doesn't celebrate diversity. 

I could see them making one for Europe.  Maybe an EU thing.  But those people over there are staunchly conservative when it comes to nationality.  Ever look into becoming a citizen in Sweden?  Pretty much impossible. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Right. He's the one with sand in his vagina.

It's sand in your vagina these days to not be offended by some innocuous reference to cultural diversity in America in a multinational corporation's ad campaign.

Why do you hate multinational corporations, hippie?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
It's the official language of the United States of America, by damn. 

I don't care to hear a bunch of gibberish. 

Coke can suck it.  I like the drink but they've gone nuts the last ten years or so.  The ad campaigns with the freaky things swirling around and making cokes and this kind of silly nonsense. 

If people in other countries want to sing America in farsi or Klingon or hobbit, I could care less. But here?  English, bitch.
I thought you did coke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
I don't ever want to hear another stinking word about "bed-wetting libs just waiting for an opportunity to be offended."

A fucking Coke commercial?  Jesus, it's like I'm sitting here playing cards with my brother's kids or somethin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
Seriously, here's the "offensive" commercial.

What exactly pisses you off about that? That other languages are spoken in this country, ever? My in-laws speak primarily Spanish around their own house. What are you guys advocating? Locking them up for that? It just makes them bad people in general?

Or are you pissed that there are other cultures besides Anglish speakin' white folk (who were represented in the commercial as well) that are allowed to live in the nation proudly known as The Melting Pot?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
I'm not seeing the offensive part of this commercial.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Ogre

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
I'm not seeing the offensive part of this commercial.   
Probably because you're not an easily goaded redneck idiot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions