dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: Looks Like We're Claiming 'Em
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2014, 09:29:32 PM »
Fuckin A, Cotton.

Jay is about to squander every bit of goodwill he has clawed back over the last year.

He says it's a family decision?  LIGHT. HIM. UP.

Twitter.  Facebook. Emails. Let him know. WE AREN'T THEM.

This SUCKS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2014, 10:08:24 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2014, 11:27:37 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2014, 11:28:28 PM »
I don't really like doing it because when Ole Miss just out of the blue started claiming three national championships back in the mid 90s I was like:
 :haha: :rofl: :bs: :rofl: :haha:

I said then that NOBODY would ever accept that fraud because they'd never ever, ever, ever won one.  But the Rebel Black Bear fans took it to heart. They raised flags. Printed banners. Got t-shirts. Put it on their team trucks. Put it on cups, hats, mugs, shot glasses, notebooks .. pretty much everywhere they could.

I still said nobody would buy it.  I was wrong.

I've seen people on this board mention Ole Miss' "three titles" as if they were universally accepted.

To my amazement I watched one of their games this season and heard the announcers refer to the school's "three national titles"  as if it were unanimous and gospel. 

It doesn't have to be true.  Just say it and it will eventually become fact.  So... I don't want to do it, but if we do we need to unify behind it and say it as if it's a long-known fact.  We have to embrace it if the powers who be decide this is our path.

Ditto
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2014, 02:50:48 AM »
I'd atleast claim the ones that the NCAA claims that Auburn has...not sure why it's taken this long to claim those.

NCAA: "Hey Auburn, you have 5 National Championship."

Auburn: "No, we only have 2. We don't want anyone, from around the Country, thinking that we've actually had good teams in the past."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2014, 08:52:39 AM »
God I hope this happens.

You shut your dirty whoreish mouth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2014, 10:31:54 AM »
I'm sensing a bit of a "Creed" movement here.

"Auburn is more than football."

Auburn gets beat by Vanderbilt

"Fuck me, I'm going to light myself on fire and jump off a bridge...if that doesn't kill me, then I'll find someone else to root for."

^Any of that sound familiar?^

You claim the National Championships that the NCAA says that you have. That shouldn't even be a question as to if they should be claimed. One thing I can guarantee you, all of the bama media will trash Auburn for doing so...then in the exact same breath they'll claim 15 National Championships. Which will put an even bigger spotlight on the instate media to show everyone on the outside just how retarded they actually are. Auburn's claims would be NCAA recognized, uat's additional claims have never been recognized, but yet they sell the recruits on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2014, 12:00:09 PM »
 :facepalm: Stick to matters that improve the program Jughead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2014, 12:28:35 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2014, 02:25:50 PM »
?

http://www.ncaa.com/history/football/fbs

Yeah, but how accurate is that? I mean, they forgot the * next to 2010 afterall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2014, 11:00:18 AM »
Y'all mad over some meaningless shit that serves nothing but benefit us in recruiting.

It's not Bammerish because there WILL NOT be "Got 9" shirts. I can 100% assure you of this. THAT's the difference in Auburn & Alabama. Nothing will be different besides some extra flags in Jordan Hare and a recruiting advantage.

And I'm pretty sure that site is only listing what the schools themselves claim. They have Bama down for 13. Apparently only two were too ridiculous for the NCAA to even include on that list.

For those that missed it the first time:

For Jacobs, the teams with the strongest cases are 1913, 1983 and 1993. He was a starting offensive linemen for the 1983 team, that finished 11-1 including a Sugar Bowl win over Michigan.

“Those three teams are listed in the NCAA record book as champions. It’s hard to dispute the NCAA record book,” Jacobs said. “The former players that have been on those teams, they all support it as I do from playing in ’83.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2014, 11:28:20 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Vandy Vol

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2014, 02:01:01 PM »
Y'all mad over some meaningless shit that serves nothing but benefit us in recruiting.

It's not Bammerish because there WILL NOT be "Got 9" shirts. I can 100% assure you of this. THAT's the difference in Auburn & Alabama. Nothing will be different besides some extra flags in Jordan Hare and a recruiting advantage.

Does it really matter if it's on a shirt?  I thought the whole point of making fun of Alabama for claiming mythical championships was because they were claiming mythical championships, not just because they put them on shirts.  Is it okay for them to worship Bear, so long as they don't put him on a shirt?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2014, 02:18:36 PM »

Does it really matter if it's on a shirt?  I thought the whole point of making fun of Alabama for claiming mythical championships was because they were claiming mythical championships, not just because they put them on shirts.  Is it okay for them to worship Bear, so long as they don't put him on a shirt?
That's the point. There will be no worship. There will be no obsession. Auburn people will not bring it up at every possible chance and get in arguments defending them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2014, 02:31:18 PM »
That's the point. There will be no worship. There will be no obsession. Auburn people will not bring it up at every possible chance and get in arguments defending them.
I need a nap. Somebody tell me a bedtime story about the '13 team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2014, 02:40:32 PM »

Bologna.  Boloney.  Baloanee. 

This is the start of obsession.  You think Alabama fans started out as seeds?  They were cultivated by little bits of bullshit like this over the years. 

Sure, we won't be as bad.  We'll still be light years ahead of them as civilized people.  But I don't like claiming mythical championships when we've spent decades now lambasting them for doing so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2014, 03:23:10 PM »
I need a nap. Somebody tell me a bedtime story about the '13 team.

There once was a RB named Tre Mason who kicked more ass than Patrick Swayze in Roadhouse...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Vandy Vol

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2014, 03:34:05 PM »

If all 15 championships were legitimate, would it be okay to put them on a shirt?

I obviously have no dog in this fight, but from my perspective, the underlying issue was that not all of the championships were legitimate.  They were laying claim to something that didn't actually exist.  Sure, they obnoxiously reference it and "worship" it, but if they were legitimate, would there be anything for you to make fun of?  "Look at those damn bammers, all proud and shit of the 15 national championships that they earned."  Sounds silly, does it not?  But if you still think that you would make fun of UA for celebrating championships that they earned, then you may need to take a second look at your "Fear the Thumb" apparel.  Y'all legitimately won those consecutive games, but come on...worshipping it on a shirt?!  DAMN BARNER!

Aside from that, in order for Auburn's national championship claims to boost recruiting or otherwise be a benefit for the school, you're going to have to tout your claims.  Do you think coaches and players are going to tell recruits behind closed doors about their national championships, but not print shirts, make signs, reference them in conferences, etc?  Is there not a public aspect of recruiting in which you have to make your school widely respected in order to get recruits' interest in the first place?  I don't see how you can claim this will help recruiting, but at the same time act like it's just a clandestine operation that won't be boldly claimed in public by the school and its fans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions