Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

True Detective

True Detective
« on: January 23, 2014, 02:26:18 PM »
with Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey as Louisiana state cops......anybody watching this? There are only two episodes so far...but I am definitely intrigued.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: True Detective
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 02:30:14 PM »
with Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey as Louisiana state cops......anybody watching this? There are only two episodes so far...but I am definitely intrigued.
Saw half of one recently. I thought it was a movie and I was interested. It ended rather abruptly and kept showing flashbacks to when Woody was undercover DEA. I plan to watch again, just to see how it turns out. No opinion yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 02:32:30 PM »
Have it saved to DVR have not viewed yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 07:06:22 PM »

I saw the previews for it and have been meaning to DVR it, but kept forgetting about it because I've been wasting my time getting caught up on Dexter.  I'll stick it in the queue and get back to you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 10:24:46 PM »
I want so badly to like this because I like McBongahey and Harrellson.  And I like Michelle Mongagongahan. 

But it's just crawling along so slowly I find myself drifting off and forgetting what's going on.  I'm thinking about work or what I want for breakfast tomorrow or whether Ace and Pete are going to play the Rock Hall induction.

The pace is really bad so far.  It's killing the show to the point that I'm ready to drop out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 11:57:27 AM »
I want so badly to like this because I like McBongahey and Harrellson.  And I like Michelle Mongagongahan. 

But it's just crawling along so slowly I find myself drifting off and forgetting what's going on.  I'm thinking about work or what I want for breakfast tomorrow or whether Ace and Pete are going to play the Rock Hall induction.

The pace is really bad so far.  It's killing the show to the point that I'm ready to drop out.
Have you considered that this could possibly have more to do with dementia than the quality of the show?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 04:46:58 PM »
Have you considered that this could possibly have more to do with dementia than the quality of the show?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 05:07:20 PM »
Saw titties on this show last night. Had to wait a long time to see them but they were great! If I see titties in the first 10 minutes next time I watch, I'll watch again. Esp if they are quality titties like the ones on last night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 06:11:08 PM »
Saw titties on this show last night. Had to wait a long time to see them but they were great! If I see titties in the first 10 minutes next time I watch, I'll watch again. Esp if they are quality titties like the ones on last night.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 08:53:45 PM »
Titties, like bacon, make everything better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 09:28:57 PM »
Titties, like bacon, make everything better.
Only thing better is titties wrapped in bacon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 09:32:20 PM »
Only thing better is titties wrapped in bacon.
jugs-n-jowls
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 03:55:00 PM »
I'm finally starting to get this show.  The deeper it gets into the season the more I like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 04:28:47 PM »
I'm finally starting to get this show.  The deeper it gets into the season the more I like it.

I've also enjoyed the show more the further it has gone along, but I recently learned something that makes me wary of how long this series will be good.

Season 2 will not be a continuation of this storyline.  So everything we're seeing right now will be wrapped up at the end of season 1, and season 2 will be a different story with different characters.  This may or may not be a bad thing, depending on how complex the ongoing story is and whether it can successfully be wrapped up in one season.  Additionally, unlike American Horror Story where the cast stays on and simply plays different characters, season 2 will have a different cast.

Harrelson and McConaughey are both executive producers currently.  Not sure how much input they actually have, but if they are significantly involved in the creative process, then subsequent seasons may be totally different.  Unless, of course, they stay on as producers for some reason even though they'll no longer be featured as actors.

So while it's great so far, I wonder how much of an impact the change for season 2 will have on its quality.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 06:35:11 PM »
I've also enjoyed the show more the further it has gone along, but I recently learned something that makes me wary of how long this series will be good.

Season 2 will not be a continuation of this storyline.  So everything we're seeing right now will be wrapped up at the end of season 1, and season 2 will be a different story with different characters.  This may or may not be a bad thing, depending on how complex the ongoing story is and whether it can successfully be wrapped up in one season.  Additionally, unlike American Horror Story where the cast stays on and simply plays different characters, season 2 will have a different cast.

Harrelson and McConaughey are both executive producers currently.  Not sure how much input they actually have, but if they are significantly involved in the creative process, then subsequent seasons may be totally different.  Unless, of course, they stay on as producers for some reason even though they'll no longer be featured as actors.

So while it's great so far, I wonder how much of an impact the change for season 2 will have on its quality.

Don't really care about season 2. Will judge it on its own merits.

I want this wrapped up like a miniseries. And considering the expanse of time they are covering in the flashes back and present, plus the direction it just took last night I don't see how there would be a season two continuation anyway. It has to end.

Having suffered through the Dexter doldrums which produced the worst final season in episodic television history I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with telling a story and being done.

I like that AHS has different stories. Lets them make a huge mistake like season 2 and rebound with a good-until-the-finale-which-sucked third season. Had they been forced to continue the season 2 abortion it would be dead now instead of anticipated. Other shows act like they don't have any idea what to do after the first season. Like they never expected to be renewed and then just fall off the rails. This avoids that disaster. And I'm okay with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 10:31:21 AM »
Show is really good.

Has gotten better and better with each episode, to be certain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 11:39:03 AM »

There is only one Dr. Who!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 11:42:57 AM »
There is only one Dr. Who!

Maybe so but they all blow moose cock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 01:25:39 PM »
I'm actually glad this part of the story is going to wrap up this season...I want to know what happens, now. Harrelson and McConaughey have been amazing, I especially love the fight scene with all the other cops just watching....the characters are some of the best I've seen in a while, but this story line can only go so far.

"If you get the opportunity, you should kill yourself."

Awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer