« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2014, 11:33:44 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Why?
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2014, 01:06:30 PM »
It's easy to say that it's all in the past when you haven't been sitting in jail for a crime you didn't commit.  Of the 312 post-conviction exonerations in the U.S. (which are still adding up, BTW), the average served time was 14 years.

Granted, if you've already been executed, then there's nothing that can be done for the defendant.  But I don't know that this doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't try to bring peace to the remaining family and friends by righting a wrong.  Would you want your father to go down in judicial history as a rapist if you have reason to believe he was wrongly convicted?  If you had the legal ability to challenge his conviction, would you agree with others when they tell you, "Man...it's all in the past.  Just stop trying to stir the pot and wasting taxpayer dollars."

My great, great, great, great grandfather (or somebody like that) was an indentured servant.  He had to slave off his passage to the new world.  I WANT REPARATIONS!!!

One of my ancestors in the 1700s was hung for stealing chickens. Or horses. Or something like that.  I'm sure he didn't do it.  I DEMAND justice!! Now!!  I have evidence he didn't steal that horse. Or cow. Or whatever. There wasn't DNA evidence back then.  I want the chicken bones and his bones tested!!

One of my great x10 aunts was drowned as a witch in Salem.  I want the city of Salem sued for a kaboolion dollars!!  I want what's owed to me.  Now!!

Who cares about some dude who went to prison 300 years ago and who's now dead.  Not gonna do him any good.  So too bad.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2014, 01:07:45 PM »

One of my ancestors in the 1700s was hung for stealing chickens. Or horses. Or something like that.  I'm sure he didn't do it.  I DEMAND justice!! Now!!  I have evidence he didn't steal that horse. Or cow. Or whatever. There wasn't DNA evidence back then.  I want the chicken bones and his bones tested!!

Chicken fucking is what I heard and he was caught cock in hand.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2014, 01:09:31 PM »

But as long as we're talking about race, of the 312 post-conviction exonerations I mentioned earlier, 70% were minorities.  I don't think anyone is arguing that white people are never treated poorly, but as WE!!! mentioned earlier, it's slightly absurd to act as if just as many whites were treated poorly in comparison to minorities.  Especially when you're talking about the Jim Crow era or earlier.

STUPID statistic.   80% of the crimes are committed by blacks.  So it only stands to reason that 70% of the exonerations would also be blacks.  Unless they only lettin' white folks go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2014, 01:17:19 PM »
My great-grandfather was charged with sodomy but there is no need for a retrial. His brother was a really good lawyer. He got  the charges reduced to tailgating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2014, 01:18:19 PM »
Chicken fudgeing is what I heard and he was caught rooster in hand.

Knew it had something to do with livestock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2014, 01:19:31 PM »
Knew it had something to do with livestock.
So much funnier with profanity filter off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2014, 01:41:43 PM »
So much funnier with profanity filter off.

I'm trying to be the shepherd, ringo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2014, 01:48:17 PM »
I'm trying to be the shepherd, ringo.
You are on the wrong mountain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2014, 01:58:58 PM »
See, now I'm thinking, maybe it means you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. 9 millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteousness in the valley of darkness. Or it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that ain't the truth. The truth is, you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2014, 02:00:22 PM »
See, now I'm thinking, maybe it means you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. 9 millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteousness in the valley of darkness. Or it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that ain't the truth. The truth is, you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.
What?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2014, 02:02:17 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2014, 02:18:52 PM »

My great, great, great, great grandfather (or somebody like that) was an indentured servant.  He had to slave off his passage to the new world.  I WANT REPARATIONS!!!

Pigford Act. Thank the GREAT one. he is who you were waiting for...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2014, 02:57:24 PM »
The guy taking on the case is the son of South Carolina's first black chief justice.  Something tells me he has a chip on his shoulder for wanting to right wrongs against blacks.  Whatever his motivations, however, that doesn't affect whether this case has a leg to stand on.  Whatever the race of the defendant, that doesn't affect whether this case has a leg to stand on.  It sounds like you're jumping to a lot of conclusions based on race, and consistently defending these conclusions based on race, but you're not really addressing the case itself.  You seem to be playing the race card just as much as you accuse them of doing so.

But as long as we're talking about race, of the 312 post-conviction exonerations I mentioned earlier, 70% were minorities.  I don't think anyone is arguing that white people are never treated poorly, but as WE!!! mentioned earlier, it's slightly absurd to act as if just as many whites were treated poorly in comparison to minorities.  Especially when you're talking about the Jim Crow era or earlier.

As far as this never happening for white people?  Look up David Wayne Spence, Cameron Todd Willingham, Claude Jones, Jesse Tafero, Ellis Wayne Felker, etc.  Again, you're playing the race card by suggesting the system caters to minority appeals only, when in reality, many whites have been exonerated as well.  And those mentioned above?  Exonerated post-execution.

No, not all of the evidence has been lost, and the article acknowledges this.  The autopsy report still exists, as a pathologist is indicating that he can refute the findings.  Additionally, there are witnesses and news reports that acknowledge the fact that the prosecution failed to properly admit evidence it claimed would show Stinney's guilt.

Again, I'm not saying there is a ton of evidence and that this is a slam dunk case, but there are clearly reasonable grounds for an appeal.  Whatever the reason for bringing this legal challenge, those grounds have to at least be considered, regardless of the defendant's race or the motivations of his representatives for bringing the case.

If they filed a motion that just said, "He black, reconsider dis," then yeah, you'd have an argument that this is solely based on race and should be promptly denied.  But when an autopsy report is being challenged, the handling of evidence is being challenged, the manner in which the defendant was interrogated is being challenged, and there are witnesses who state that the defendant had an alibi?  Then there's evidence to be reviewed.  And you can judge the credibility of that evidence all you want, but in our legal system, that's left up to the jury to decide as the trier of fact.
TL,DR but I will only add that I suspect that anyone who supports this retrial likes to suck the dick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2014, 04:27:39 PM »
TL,DR but I will only add that I suspect that anyone who supports this retrial likes to suck the dick.
Prove it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2014, 05:17:32 PM »
STUPID statistic.   80% of the crimes are committed by blacks.  So it only stands to reason that 70% of the exonerations would also be blacks.  Unless they only lettin' white folks go.

Umm...no.  THAT is a stupid statistic.

I think the statistic you're thinking of is that blacks, as a population in and of itself, has a higher percentage of people committing crimes than whites, as a population in and of itself, does.  Blacks do not commit 80% of overall crimes committed by all races.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-43
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2014, 05:21:34 PM »

One of my great x10 aunts was drowned as a witch in Salem.  I want the city of Salem sued for a kaboolion dollars!!  I want what's owed to me.  Now!!

Who cares about some dude who went to prison 300 years ago and who's now dead.  Not gonna do him any good.  So too bad.   

1700s ≠ 1944.  Not to mention that you'd probably have to appeal to the English monarchy due to the fact that America was not in existence as an independent country for most of the 1700s.  Oh, and there's that whole thing about evidence existing from 1944 being a feasible possibility, whereas this ludicrous claim about evidence from the 1700s isn't realistically tenable.

Great hyperbolic example though...next thing you know, you'll be throwing out statistics about blacks committing 80% of all crimes...oh, wait...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2014, 05:34:08 PM »
1700s ≠ 1944.  Not to mention that you'd probably have to appeal to the English monarchy due to the fact that America was not in existence as an independent country for most of the 1700s.  Oh, and there's that whole thing about evidence existing from 1944 being a feasible possibility, whereas this ludicrous claim about evidence from the 1700s isn't realistically tenable.

Great hyperbolic example though...next thing you know, you'll be throwing out statistics about blacks committing 80% of all crimes...oh, wait...

11% of the population commits 30% of the crime.  That equals 80%.  Maybe 85. 

Blacks make up 40% of the prison population.  Hmmm.  Hispanics make up 21%.  That's also 80.  Maybe 87. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2014, 05:42:56 PM »
Wait...which one of you sucks dick?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2014, 05:47:52 PM »
11% of the population commits 30% of the crime.  That equals 80%.  Maybe 85. 

Blacks make up 40% of the prison population.  Hmmm.  Hispanics make up 21%.  That's also 80.  Maybe 87.

While I was digging for numbers on this subject, I came across this old article. (not sure if its correct, just interesting) The numbers may have shifted a bit, but I doubt its that much. (Why nobody gives us these numbers is beyond me. I guess they would be labeled racist)

http://vdare.com/articles/mapping-the-unmentionable-race-and-crime

Here is another article that supports the incorrect counting of hispanics.

http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q32013/america-s-elusive-crime-statistics-by-race/
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 05:51:57 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.