Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

HAAAAAAAAA HA! LSU Hires Coach O

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: HAAAAAAAAA HA! LSU Hires Coach O
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2016, 09:23:29 PM »
Great hire for LSU. I don't think Steve Ensminger is the answer at OC.

I think you are misinformed.

Signed,

Hugh Nall
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2016, 09:57:20 PM »
It's a great hire as long as we want LSU to be what they've always been.  Ear-Relevant. Saybinz and Miles brought them a few good years but overall, LSU is Ole Miss.  They're Mississippi State.  They've done exactly shit in a historical sense.  They're Georgia Light.  Fuck them and this hire.  This was a Jay Jacobs hire at best. Herman lost to Memphis.  They beat A&M...a team whose only win in the month of November in the last 5 years was a 23-10 "bitch slapping" of the Texas San Antonio San Louis Obispo Road Runners. Texas A&M put a big fat postage stamp on their season and mailed it in weeks ago. So we'd better hire this oatmeal chewing mouth mother fucker. 

Screw LSU. This was knee-jerk.  And thank God.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2016, 10:54:07 AM »
It's a great hire as long as we want LSU to be what they've always been.  Ear-Relevant. Saybinz and Miles brought them a few good years but overall, LSU is Ole Miss.  They're Mississippi State.  They've done exactly shit in a historical sense.  They're Georgia Light.  Fuck them and this hire.  This was a Jay Jacobs hire at best. Herman lost to Memphis.  They beat A&M...a team whose only win in the month of November in the last 5 years was a 23-10 "bitch slapping" of the Texas San Antonio San Louis Obispo Road Runners. Texas A&M put a big fat postage stamp on their season and mailed it in weeks ago. So we'd better hire this oatmeal chewing mouth mother fucker. 

Screw LSU. This was knee-jerk.  And thank God.

Word is that Herman and Fisher both turned LSU down and that then they went with Coach O. I don't like the hire, but I don't dislike the hire either. Who else are you going to get? I am just not sure there are elite coaches out there waiting to be hired.

As much as I think Gus is a fucking idiot...I don't want to try and hire whatever is out there. At least Auburn will have a decent defense for the next couple of years to keep us in ball games. But Gus will never consistently be more than an 8 win coach in what I have seen the last couple of years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2016, 08:41:27 PM »
If Jimbo gave a 10 year ultimatum as reported, then I definitely think Coach O is the better choice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2016, 10:51:54 PM »
Word is that Herman and Fisher both turned LSU down and that then they went with Coach O. I don't like the hire, but I don't dislike the hire either. Who else are you going to get? I am just not sure there are elite coaches out there waiting to be hired.

As much as I think Gus is a fucking idiot...I don't want to try and hire whatever is out there. At least Auburn will have a decent defense for the next couple of years to keep us in ball games. But Gus will never consistently be more than an 8 win coach in what I have seen the last couple of years.

PJ Fleck will become the new overnight Tom Herman. Dude can coach and is a little "different". It'll be interesting to see what attention he gets in the off season and next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2016, 11:48:27 PM »
PJ Fleck will become the new overnight Tom Herman. Dude can coach and is a little "different". It'll be interesting to see what attention he gets in the off season and next year.
Yeah have listened to him interviewed on a podcast. Bottom line for him is changing the culture.He could care less about selling out in a first year for three wins. He's after the hearts and minds of everyone involved with the program.
I sense he's a bit like Petersen...waiting on that ideal place. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2016, 11:50:00 PM »
Yeah have listened to him interviewed on a podcast. Bottom line for him is changing the culture.He could care less about selling out in a first year for three wins. He's after the hearts and minds of everyone involved with the program.
I sense he's a bit like Petersen...waiting on that ideal place.

He got a divorce last year so he def wouldn't be on Jays holier than thou short list.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2016, 01:09:07 PM »
I still say my number 1 coach would be Kyle Wittingham.  Don't stop offering him money until he says yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2016, 01:34:53 PM »
I still say my number 1 coach would be Kyle Wittingham.  Don't stop offering him money until he says yes.

Jay Jacobs hiring a Mormon? That would be like a colored mayor in Hill Valley! That'll be the day!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2016, 02:04:51 PM »
Jay Jacobs hiring a Mormon? That would be like a colored mayor in Hill Valley! That'll be the day!
You can't say colored on the air.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2016, 02:11:12 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2016, 12:33:52 PM »
Not sure LSU fans are happy, but I am.

It's one of those things that just fits and feels right. In a world where the Lakers are in LA where there are no lakes and the Jazz is in Utah where music is not allowed ($1 to BASEketball), it just feels right that the coonassiest coach in football is the head coach at LSU.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2016, 12:42:24 PM »
Not sure LSU fans are happy, but I am.

It's one of those things that just fits and feels right. In a world where the Lakers are in LA where there are no lakes and the Jazz is in Utah where music is not allowed ($1 to BASEketball), it just feels right that the coonassiest coach in football is the head coach at LSU.

Oldie but goodie

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2016, 01:19:46 PM »
Oldie but goodie

That's always made me laugh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.