Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

HAAAAAAAAA HA! LSU Hires Coach O

HAAAAAAAAA HA! LSU Hires Coach O
« on: November 26, 2016, 09:01:38 AM »
Being reported that LSU will hire Coach Yaw Yaw as their new head coach. They fired the winningest coach in their history to hire one of his position coaches.

LSU has just been set back for half a decade.

Post your reactions.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: HAAAAAAAAA HA! LSU Hires Coach O
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 09:37:20 AM »
Don't know if you've been paying attention, but they play hard for O.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 09:48:09 AM »
None of this makes any sense.  If you believe the reports from "sources", LSU didn't want to be "held hostage" by negotiations with Herman.  I understand the sentiment, but that's what coaching searches are to an extent.  It's like their AD thinks he should just be able to walk up to any coach in the country and say "Hey, you!" and feels insulted that Herman didn't crawl over broken glass to accept.  For the most part, no school is going to get that.  I don't think that they understand how a coaching search works.

Yaw Yaw has shown that he can step in as an interim and win on emotion.  I don't think that he can sustain that over time as a head coach.  What really doesn't make sense is that the problem with Miles was terrible offense.  Orgeron had nearly the worst offenses in the country with two different OCs while at Ole Miss.  He won 3 SEC games in 3 years.  Nutt stepped in and had back-to-back 9 win seasons with Orgeron's guys.  And this is the guy who you hired to replace Miles? 

This hire just made everyone in the SEC West smile.

TL;DR: sorry, no witty GIF. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 09:50:24 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 09:54:34 AM »
Being reported that LSU will hire Coach Yaw Yaw as their new head coach. They fired the winningest coach in their history to hire one of his position coaches.

LSU has just been set back for half a decade.

Post your reactions.

Orgeron does not move the needle.
The entire problem lies in the offensive philosophy- it's why Miles is gone.
The answer is simply to allow a OC/QB coach to do his job- call plays virtually unimpeded.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 09:59:51 AM »
None of this makes any sense.  If you believe the reports from "sources", LSU didn't want to be "held hostage" by negotiations with Herman.  I understand the sentiment, but that's what coaching searches are to an extent.  It's like their AD thinks he should just be able to walk up to any coach in the country and say "Hey, you!" and feels insulted that Herman didn't crawl over broken glass to accept.  For the most part, no school is going to get that.  I don't think that they understand how a coaching search works.

Yaw Yaw has shown that he can step in as an interim and win on emotion.  I don't think that he can sustain that over time as a head coach.  What really doesn't make sense is that the problem with Miles was terrible offense.  Orgeron had nearly the worst offenses in the country with two different OCs while at Ole Miss.  He won 3 SEC games in 3 years.  Nutt stepped in and had back-to-back 9 win seasons with Orgeron's guys.  And this is the guy who you hired to replace Miles? 

This hire just made everyone in the SEC West smile.

TL;DR: sorry, no witty GIF.

Agree

Good guy. Good interim guy. Not a good long term solution. Remember what he did at ole miss. He made Houston nutt look good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 10:18:35 AM »
Orgeron does not move the needle.
The entire problem lies in the offensive philosophy- it's why Miles is gone.
The answer is simply to allow a OC/QB coach to do his job- call plays virtually unimpeded.
Exactly.  Basically, they went through all of that bullshit to downgrade the HC position and get God knows who as an OC.  Supposedly, they are going after Kiffin.  They probably would have had a better chance of getting him WITH Miles.  When you look at how they handled the coaching "search", something tells me they aren't going to deal with what comes along with negotiating for a top notch OC.  They're going to settle for someone because it was easy.  For that matter, who says Aranda will stick around as DC after apparently not even getting consideration for the HC position?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:21:30 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 10:30:12 AM »
My folks live in BR, and my dad says the basic thought this mornings is that LSU went with the guy that wanted the job vs the guy that wanted the money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 10:45:22 AM »
My folks live in BR, and my dad says the basic thought this mornings is that LSU went with the guy that wanted the job vs the guy that wanted the money.

That's supposedly a quote from Alleva. 

I like LSU.  Think orgeron is a passionate guy. Loves where he is.  Will recruit well and try hard.

Will fail. 

But he's just dumb enough to win a NC before he does.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 11:17:56 AM »
Nobody has an issue with Yaw Yaw or his affinity for the LSU program.
Glad they kept him.
Maybe they don't make an upgrade at coordinator and things stay basically the same...2nd or 3rd in the SEC West.
Terms such as exciting the base and igniting passion only goes so far.
If O. gets the fuck out of the way and allows a better than average OC a free hand to operate... that changes things.
Otherwise fuck LSU!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 11:34:17 AM »
Nobody has an issue with Yaw Yaw or his affinity for the LSU program.
Glad they kept him.
Maybe they don't make an upgrade at coordinator and things stay basically the same...2nd or 3rd in the SEC West.
Terms such as exciting the base and igniting passion only goes so far.
If O. gets the fuck out of the way and allows a better than average OC a free hand to operate... that changes things.
Otherwise fuck LSU!

^^This statement right here^^

Is this whole thing the epitome of a knee jerk reaction?  I have a feeling it is.  Look at how they handled Les Miles last season.  We're going to fire him.  Wait, no we're not.  Then they pull the trigger after the Auburn game.  We're going skrong after Herman. Now hold on, he just lost to Memphis.  Maybe he's not all that and a bag of chips.  Oooo, look what Co Yaw Yaw did to A&M.  We'd better hold on to this guy. 

You want to think the people making these decisions are smarter than that and put more thought and analysis into it.  Do they?  Can you say Jay Jacobs?  Did we not give Terry Bowden a raise and extension after he was one play against Bama away from being fired?  Did we give Tommy Tuberville a raise and up his buyout every freakin' year?  Did we let Tracy Rocker walk with zero attempt to keep him?  Did we give Malzahn a raise after last year?  And the way the shit has gone down at LSU over the last year is downright laughable.

These peeps ain't that smart, folks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 12:19:55 PM »
Personally think it will work out for LSU. Time will tell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

chinook

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 12:43:39 PM »
I think LSU potentially will be either equal or just bit better than us over the next 3 years. 

He'll be fine. LSU recruits Louisiana.  He'll have much better players than at Ole Miss.   Coach O eats and talks like a Cajun.

I agree with Wes...the players have his back. Honestly he wasn't to far off from 7-0. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 12:53:54 PM »
I liken it to Bama or AU hiring Brother Oliver, only he's less qualified than Bro. Bill.

I agree it's an ok short term hire and that the kids play hard for him. It's all a crap shoot anyway. I think I'd rather take my chanc s with him than Herman or Jimbo. He costs less and the players respond to him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 01:28:42 PM »
I'm good with the hire.  The two biggest games you have at home coming down the stretch and you lose both and score 0 and 10 points respectively.  Play hard all you want.

I'm good with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 02:05:31 PM »
I'm good with the hire.  The two biggest games you have at home coming down the stretch and you lose both and score 0 and 10 points respectively.  Play hard all you want.

I'm good with it.
Sinner, saint, up and comer, whatever...LSU is a top in-state program with all the built-in advantages and facilities that places them in the top tier of destinations in all of college football. They could choose among offensive minds like Bobby Petrino, Jimbo Fisher, Tom Herman, P.J. Fleck, Mike Gundy, Dan Mullen etc...

...Geaux damn you!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2016, 02:10:24 PM »
Don't know if you've been paying attention, but they play hard for O.

I played really hard for Coach Queen at Pelham High School. Doesn't mean we won more than 3 games.

Ed Orgeron has as many SEC wins this year as he did his entire tenure as the head coach of Ole Miss. His best season (4-8 in 2006) featured a 3 point win over 2-10 Memphis and a 3 point win over the worst Miss State team in the last twenty years. His best win was against Kentucky.

As for him at LSU, this is my favorite line about his tenure at Ole Miss: "His offense finished the ’05 season 111th out of 117 teams in total offense, and despite a slew of changes to the offensive coaching staff in the offseason his Rebels finished the 2006 season once again ranked 111th in total offense."

LSU had an incredible defense and couldn't produce enough on offense to keep them happy. Les Miles was their winningest coach in history, and they gave up on him to hire someone more embarrassing than Gene Chizik.

Recruiting against him will be easy. He's as uncouth as you can get in an SEC head coach. I guarantee with his track record and the swift firing of Les Miles that there are administrative hands in the coaches' cookie jar.

If I knew a bookie to call, I'd put a ton of money on LSU falling into the middle tier of the SEC. At best.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2016, 02:22:13 PM »
Here's one way to think about it: What team was going to court Orgeron for a HC position?  Nobody.  Not any of the big boys, anyway.  Maybe a Sun Belt or Conference USA team or something.  That should tell you a lot.  He may get lucky a season or two like Shula did, but I just don't see him being able to live up to the expectation of immediately competing for the SEC West or a NC.  That's what the corndogs are expecting, and you can't really blame them considering the players they have (minus QB).  The fanbase will have no patience for any fuckery.  We will see how he handles a full offseason cycle when the team doesn't have a "win one for the gipper" attitude next year.

I just don't understand how you rationalize firing Miles when you turn around and make Orgeron your head coach.  He's probably more stubborn than Miles, and has a history of horrible offenses. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 02:25:20 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2016, 02:35:52 PM »
We are all in agreement then; While Coach Orgeron is a fan favorite for the most part, Alleva failed to deliver the offensive minded Head Coach to advance them beyond what Les Miles achieved in Baton Rouge. Not much has changed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2016, 02:52:28 PM »
Somewhere, Les Miles is chewing some grass, cashing his check and laughing his ass off.  I just don't understand why LSU didn't even try.  I could understand if they got down to their 3rd or 4th option and it just wasn't happening.  They made a half-assed attempt at Herman and gave up when it came time for a counter offer.  LSU can get a top tier coach.  They are in the middle of a recruiting hotbed, they have the facilities, and the cupboard isn't bare by any means.  They took one shot at one coach and said "fuck it, let's go drink beer."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2016, 05:35:37 PM »
Great hire for LSU. I don't think Steve Ensminger is the answer at OC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs