Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

'The physicality of Auburn will be a new challenge for Florida State'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
One of the keys to tonight's BCS national championship game between No. 1 Florida State and No. 2 Auburn is how the Seminoles' offensive line handles the Tigers' defensive pressure, so says ESPN's Todd Blackledge.

Kirk Herbstreit agrees.

Both joined Chris Fowler and Alabama coach Nick Saban for a BCS title game preview Sunday night on SportsCenter.

"One of the things I'm most looking forward to seeing is how does Florida State handle things up front?" Blackledge said. "Their numbers are off the chart, both offense and defense. The thing with Auburn, I think they present a better offensive line, a more physical offensive line and defensive front than Florida State has seen all season.

"And with that layoff you can't practice a lot of live contact stuff. I think the physicality of Auburn will be a new challenge for Florida State."

Herbstreit added the Seminoles have given up 29 sacks on the year.

"You can say what you want about Auburn, they still have SEC defensive linemen," he explained. "If they're able to slow down Florida State on first and second down, and you get Jameis Winston to third and 7 and third and 8 - not that he isn't capable - but this Florida State offensive line has been prone to giving up pressure."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: 'The physicality of Auburn will be a new challenge for Florida State'
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 10:10:38 AM »
I know that a lot of us prob feel the same about this because we are more familiar with our team than many of the so called experts. Most folks think our only hope is to out score them. But I think our d line can come up big and maybe force some bad throws. I'm looking for a couple of sacks and picks I'm setting the over under at 5 for the combined number.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 11:00:53 AM »
For the last three games I have been just sitting back and enjoying the bonus play of these Tigers. Tonight will be the same.

sure, I'll jump up and down and yell. Throw things and yell. But in the end, we are still playing with house money.

All I want to see is another great game, with us on top at the end of course!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 02:01:51 PM »
For the last three games I have been just sitting back and enjoying the bonus play of these Tigers. Tonight will be the same.

sure, I'll jump up and down and yell. Throw things and yell. But in the end, we are still playing with house money.

^^^Dis here  ^^^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 04:40:50 PM »

Exactly
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 04:49:39 PM »
No just sour grapes or hedging my bets to say that regardless of how tonight ends up, I could not be more thriled with how this season has gone.  Everything since TAMU has been lagniappe, and the memory of beating bammer like we did with the ramifications that came with that win will keep me warm forever.  I am totally serious when I say that the 2010 Iron Bowl was my favorite game of that season, incuding the BCS, and I will probably say the same thing this year too. 

Yes, bringing home crystal would be awesome.  But unlike FSU, we don't need to prove anything to anyone. 

And I cannot wait for next season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 04:56:25 PM »
I don't think that Winston is ready for AU's DL. Furthermore, he hasn't had to play against a defense close to Auburn's this season.  He's not going to be comfortable in the pocket, and he will turn the ball over at least twice.  I just don't think he's ready for a street fight, and that's exactly what he's going to be facing.

I don't think FSU's D is ready for Auburn's tempo and running game.  They're used to the game being over by halftime.  They don't have the mental toughness they will need IF it is a close game.  I won't say how much I think that Auburn will win by out of fear of jinxing you guys, but I'm pretty sure all of you will be lining up to jerk each other off around 11 tonight.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 04:58:32 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 04:58:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure all of you will be lining up to jerk each other off around 11 tonight.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 05:01:30 PM »
The more things change the more they stay the same.
Im on BF's team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 05:16:12 PM »
but I'm pretty sure all of you will be lining up to jerk each other off around 11 tonight.
Uncle Sani's gonna have a runny nose fer sure
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 10:14:00 PM »

, but I'm pretty sure all of you will be lining up to jerk each other off around 11 tonight.

Note to self: take blue pill at 10:30.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'