Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The 2013 Bowl Game Thread

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: The 2013 Bowl Game Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2014, 04:55:43 PM »
How much longer do they give Mark Richt to underachieve?

Another of life's great mysteries.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2014, 05:44:21 PM »
Looking forward to this high scoring affair at the Rose Bowl between Stanford and Meatchicken State.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2014, 05:54:18 PM »
Looking forward to this high scoring affair at the Rose Bowl between Stanford and Meatchicken State.
Yeah at least these two can coach and this appears to be a good match-up of talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2014, 08:11:19 PM »
Yeah at least these two can coach and this appears to be a good match-up of talent.
It appears that both of these schools would compete well in the SEC. They are for real.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2014, 09:13:31 PM »
Another of life's great mysteries.

yet they will stick with him, and continue to blame other members of the coaching staff
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2014, 09:22:26 PM »
Damn, UCF putting a hurtin on Baylor right now. 1st Qtr not even over and Knights are up 14 - zip.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2014, 09:28:48 PM »
14-7 now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2014, 10:18:11 PM »
It appears that both of these schools would compete well in the SEC. They are for real.

Wrong.

When two slow old grandmothers fight you can't judge the true quality of either.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2014, 10:38:40 PM »
Wrong.

When two slow old grandmothers fight you can't judge the true quality of either.
In this instance I would take mother D'Antonio. She's not afraid to take a few risks. Mother Shaw though is a pure creature of habit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2014, 11:32:33 PM »
With Baylor and UCF in the Fiesta, it feels more like I'm watching the Sun Bowl or something.

I'd also like to thank the schools that don't feel the need to stray away from their normal uniforms for a bowl game.  Some of the crap these teams wear makes my eyes bleed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2014, 07:28:36 AM »
In this instance I would take mother D'Antonio. She's not afraid to take a few risks. Mother Shaw though is a pure creature of habit.

Worst play calling I have ever seen in a major college game. EVA.

55 minutes into the game and Stanford is averaging about 2 inches per run between the tackles. Just watched them do it 3 times (and out) in a row. Seven or eight of the preceding ten plays. Same result.

I guess Shaw figured they would wear down Sparty's D-line eventually.

What a clusterfuck of a coaching job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2014, 08:14:30 AM »

55 minutes into the game and Stanford is averaging about 2 inches per run between the tackles. Just watched them do it 3 times (and out) in a row. Seven or eight of the preceding ten plays. Same result.

This.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jmar

« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2014, 11:05:19 AM »

Agree! When do you trust Hogan? Shaw coaches from a shell and is considered one of the best and nearly always mentioned for other gigs but this guy looks comfortably numb right where he is. Furthermore...I don't think many big name signal callers post-Luck are gonna want to play for a guy that thinks a trick play is a TE around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2014, 11:35:16 AM »
Wrong.

If you can't see either of these teams finishing in the top half of the SEC, then we were looking at two totally different teams. Can also throw UCF in with that mix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2014, 11:40:05 AM »
Meechegan State's defense is F'n nasty.  Stanford's corch is an unimaginative idiot.  Up the middle 97.4% of the time will work against Oregon (TJSF).  Against a D like MSU, you might want to throw in a wrinkle or two. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2014, 11:44:24 AM »
Meechegan State's defense is F'n nasty.  Stanford's corch is an unimaginative idiot.  Up the middle 97.4% of the time will work against Oregon (TJSF).  Against a D like MSU, you might want to throw in a wrinkle or two.

Wrinkles are for pussies!  That was real man football you watched at the "Grandaddy of them all".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2014, 11:47:31 AM »
Wrinkles are for pussies!  That was real man football you watched at the "Grandaddy of them all".
Yeah, that Grandaddy of them all stuff means a lot to the Pac 38 and Big 27 folks. Just like the Sugar USED to mean a lot to us, I guess. But at least we knew when it was time to move on. The SEC champ is usually a much better game than the granddaddy is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2014, 11:58:15 AM »
If you can't see either of these teams finishing in the top half of the SEC, then we were looking at two totally different teams. Can also throw UCF in with that mix.

They were playing each other.  Can't judge how well they'd do against teams that have speed and strength.  Looked like caveman football to me.  Woody Hayes got a boner watching that from hell. 

How'd Michigan State do the last few times they strayed into playing teams from this area? Beat Georgia (which lays a turd in practically every bowl game), lost to Bama huge, lost to Georgia.

Over the past three years, the Big Ten is 4-13 in January bowl games. And then there’s the Granddaddy of Them All. In the past 10 Rose Bowls, the Big Ten is 1-9, including three consecutive losses by Wisconsin.

The four wins?  Northwestern over MSU, Michigan over VTech in OT, Mich State over UGA in 3 OT and I can't find another in the last three years. 

Michigan State's win was the first Big10 win of the bowl season.

The Big10 has the worst bowl record of any conference in the BCS era. 

So I'm not sold on the cavemen clubbing an overrated Stanford team qualifying them for SEC success. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2014, 12:04:23 PM »
What he said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2014, 12:29:47 PM »
They were playing each other.  Can't judge how well they'd do against teams that have speed and strength.  Looked like caveman football to me.  Woody Hayes got a boner watching that from hell. 

How'd Michigan State do the last few times they strayed into playing teams from this area? Beat Georgia (which lays a turd in practically every bowl game), lost to Bama huge, lost to Georgia.

Over the past three years, the Big Ten is 4-13 in January bowl games. And then there’s the Granddaddy of Them All. In the past 10 Rose Bowls, the Big Ten is 1-9, including three consecutive losses by Wisconsin.

The four wins?  Northwestern over MSU, Michigan over VTech in OT, Mich State over UGA in 3 OT and I can't find another in the last three years. 

Michigan State's win was the first Big10 win of the bowl season.

The Big10 has the worst bowl record of any conference in the BCS era. 

So I'm not sold on the cavemen clubbing an overrated Stanford team qualifying them for SEC success.
Ok to all of this. I'm just talking my eye test from what I've seen of these two this season. MSU D looks very good and maybe level of competition makes it so.

I would pick either of them over UF, MSU, Ky etc. All I'm saying is that I think they would be more competitive than the lower 1/2 of our conference. Not that we will ever know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions