Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Mack stepping down after bowl game

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Mack stepping down after bowl game
« on: December 14, 2013, 07:36:38 PM »
this could get very interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
Re: Mack stepping down after bowl game
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 07:44:20 PM »
What a fuckin clown show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 07:47:45 PM »
Saban to Texas!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 07:57:28 PM »
Saban he never considered.... until now? Would Les go?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 08:00:42 PM »
I never understood why Mack Brown is even the coach in Austin.  2 conference titles in 16 years, at Texas, in the little 12?  Reading this teasip article, linked off of espn, my opinion of him is even lower than after whatever game it was a few years ago when his dipshit son-in-law almost reached out from the sideline and touched a live ball.  Fucking doofus - can't believe Texas has had him for that long.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 08:01:34 PM »
Saban he never considered.... until now? Would Les go?
If he did, then whatever success he had there would be credited to $aban, since he preceded him in the rumors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 08:16:43 PM »
Brown did not want Saban and it appears that Saban was headed to UT till the reports got back to Tuscalooser that Brown and his lawyer were willing to spill the beans on the conversations that Sexton had been having with boosters re: hiring Saban. Apparently, there is more to that story than we've heard.

So, Nicky moves forward with signing his deal with Bammer and Brown then announces he's stepping down. He successfully thwarted the hiring of his "friend". Or, has he? still a lot of deep pocketed fellers with big hats that want Saban. What's the buyout in this new contract?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 08:18:10 PM »
Brown did not want Saban and it appears that Saban was headed to UT till the reports got back to Tuscalooser that Brown and his lawyer were willing to spill the beans on the conversations that Sexton had been having with boosters re: hiring Saban. Apparently, there is more to that story than we've heard.

So, Nicky moves forward with signing his deal with Bammer and Brown then announces he's stepping down. He successfully thwarted the hiring of his "friend". Or, has he? still a lot of deep pocketed fellers with big hats that want Saban. What's the buyout in this new contract?
but, any cattle?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 09:03:36 PM »
still a lot of deep pocketed fellers with big hats that want Saban. What's the buyout in this new contract?

Same as mine!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 09:37:13 PM »
I don't think Saban ever considered going to Texas.  I think he used the past week's rumors as a way to get more money and develop a solid recruiting pitch to the recruits in Tuscaloosa this weekend. 

You know what?  Fuck Saban.  He can't beat Gus.  His only real success defending Malzahn's offense was in 2011 when we had a mongoloid at QB and Chizik was doing his best to make Coker look like a football god.  Not only that, since Saban's been at Alabama, Auburn has won two SEC championships (the exact same as Saban has at Alabama) and Auburn is about to win its second NC in the past four years. 

What I'm hoping is that Texas asks the Harbaughs, and they say no.  I'm hoping Texas asks Gruden,and he says no.   And then they get desperate and pitch a $7 million contract to Jimbo Fisher, and he has to think about it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 09:43:59 PM »
Watching Youngstown Boys on ESPN's 30 for 30.  This is almost like an advertisement to get Tressel back in coaching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 10:07:38 PM »
Same as mine!
You really need to get Sexton.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 11:16:21 PM »
I have not read any details about Saban's new contract. Has he actually signed the thing? Just wondering if the Saban to UT story is totally done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 09:21:59 AM »
I have not read any details about Saban's new contract. Has he actually signed the thing? Just wondering if the Saban to UT story is totally done.

In theory, with no buyout, he can walk at anytime...including before the ink is dry on his new deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 09:59:38 AM »
I don't think Saban ever considered going to Texas.  I think he used the past week's rumors as a way to get more money and develop a solid recruiting pitch to the recruits in Tuscaloosa this weekend. 

You know what?  Fuck Saban.  He can't beat Gus.  His only real success defending Malzahn's offense was in 2011 when we had a mongoloid at QB and Chizik was doing his best to make Coker look like a football god.  Not only that, since Saban's been at Alabama, Auburn has won two SEC championships (the exact same as Saban has at Alabama) and Auburn is about to win its second NC in the past four years. 

What I'm hoping is that Texas asks the Harbaughs, and they say no.  I'm hoping Texas asks Gruden,and he says no.   And then they get desperate and pitch a $7 million contract to Jimbo Fisher, and he has to think about it.

And unlike most sec schools, fsu does not have that kind of dough to pay.

Last I saw, without their 8 million dollar subsidy they broke even. I think they are paying jimbo about the max that they can.

Good article DnAtl. Makes a ton of sense, and I had no idea all of those shenanigans were going at UT. Poor TSips.  :haha:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 10:05:03 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 11:32:52 AM »
IF there is not a buyout in this new deal or IF he hasn't even signed it anyway-- I don't think the Saban to UT is done. How can it be? When a place with as much money as UT reportedly has really wants somebody, they can make it interesting. I don't think Saban will give 2 shits about what people at UA will think if he leaves for generational type money. I certainly wouldn't blame him.

If they offer him more than 7 mil, I think it's batshit crazy. Of course, I thought 4 mil was crazy.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 07:10:06 AM »
IF there is not a buyout in this new deal or IF he hasn't even signed it anyway-- I don't think the Saban to UT is done. How can it be? When a place with as much money as UT reportedly has really wants somebody, they can make it interesting. I don't think Saban will give 2 shits about what people at UA will think if he leaves for generational type money. I certainly wouldn't blame him.

If they offer him more than 7 mil, I think it's batshit crazy. Of course, I thought 4 mil was crazy.
Could also offer him a share of the Texas Longhorn Network.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 08:57:43 AM »
Could also offer him a share of the Texas Longhorn Network.
I have read this too but I have a hard time understanding how this could work with a public institution. It seems like it would be like selling a share of the highway dept.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 09:14:53 AM »
I have read this too but I have a hard time understanding how this could work with a public institution. It seems like it would be like selling a share of the highway dept.

Duh!  Haven't you heard of the Adopt A Mile program?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions