Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Marshall Enters The Heisman Discussion (Kind of)

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Marshall Enters The Heisman Discussion (Kind of)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 01:59:15 PM »
Love Marshall, he's the biggest single positional upgrade from last year, but our offensive MVP is Tre Mason or a group award to the O-Line.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 02:03:08 PM »
At least McBadtattoo is far enough down that if Winston gets convicted of raping a bus load of baby nuns he won't make up enough ground on the other two to win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 08:54:18 AM »
At least McBadtattoo is far enough down that if Winston gets convicted of raping a bus load of baby nuns he won't make up enough ground on the other two to win.

He would be a less deserving winner than Ingram.  I can't see how the bammers are justifying him being in the running for it.  All they can say is look at his career, well, it's not a fucking lifetime achievement award.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 09:48:40 AM »
He would be a less deserving winner than Ingram.  I can't see how the bammers are justifying him being in the running for it.  All they can say is look at his career, well, it's not a fucking lifetime achievement award.

I haven't listened to much sports talk radio this week, but last week the talking heads were all such dipshits about McTatt:

"Well, first off this isn't a lifetime achievement award...but when you look at McTatt's body of work...the championships.  He deserves it."

What?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 11:13:47 AM »
I haven't listened to much sports talk radio this week, but last week the talking heads were all such dipshits about McTatt:

"Well, first off this isn't a lifetime achievement award...but when you look at McTatt's body of work...the championships.  He deserves it."

What?

Jason Whitlock said the same last night. Face palm.

He also said Winston can win it next year. Therefore it should be aj. I usually like Whitlock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 11:16:29 AM »

What?
Yeah. It's not a lifetime achievement award, but this year he'll neither compete in the SEC or BCS championships, so he definitely deserves the 2013 Heisman.

:blink:

Also if it's about being a QB and "just winning", and we acknowledge that it's a year to year award, if we're not giving it to Winston, Marshall should be #2 in line.

Also, there's this:
@ESPNStatsInfo
Heisman candidate? Nick Marshall's adjusted Total QBR since Oct. 1 is 87.0, 3rd in FBS (Winston, Mariota) http://es.pn/175I72v
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 11:27:01 AM »
2013 SnagStats

Jameis Winston  12-0

3,490 yards passing  35 TD  8 INT  218-317  69%  192.6 QB Rating

AJ McChestTat  11-1

2,676 yards passing  26 TD  5 INT  207-306  68%  166  QB Rating

Yes, I clearly see the argument for giving McTraitorFucker the Heisminz
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 12:03:45 PM »
 :yallfu:

I could see Tre in the Heisman discussion next year should he return and our O-line coming back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 01:46:31 PM »
:yallfu:

I could see Tre in the Heisman discussion next year should he return and our O-line coming back.
I could see both Tre & Nick entering, honestly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 01:54:48 PM »
I could see both Tre & Nick entering, honestly.

Nick would have to work on his throwing in the off season and get a lot better. IMO
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 09:35:59 PM »
Using that logic, the 09 Heisman should have been Colt McCoy (which was the right call then)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2013, 05:11:41 PM »
You can vote for Marshall to get to NYC here:

http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/contests/nissan/heisman/2013/#/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2013, 09:54:47 PM »
Using that logic, the 09 Heisman should have been Colt McCoy (which was the right call then)
I see your point, but the Heisman should have gone to Toby Gerhart that year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2013, 12:40:19 AM »
I'd vote for Tre Mason...all he has done is continue to churn out yardage against "Top Rushing Defenses in The Country"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2013, 02:54:39 AM »
Ingram won it for carrying Alabama over SC with 200 or so and then having a decent game in the SEC- G

Tre's body of work is exponentially greater than the puffy ewok's. it's not even close.

Voters are idiots
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2013, 04:47:24 AM »
Ingram won it for carrying Alabama over SC with 200 or so and then having a decent game in the SEC- G

Tre's body of work is exponentially greater than the puffy ewok's. it's not even close.

Voters are idiots

Umm, I'm sorry, but saving the universe is a big deal.  Hollywood likes to portray Skywalker as the hero, but those fuzzy little fuckers played a part in the Death Star's demise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2013, 02:03:01 PM »
Umm, I'm sorry, but saving the universe is a big deal.  Hollywood likes to portray Skywalker as the hero, but those fuzzy little fuckers played a part in the Death Star's demise.

While you may technically be correct, I think most people think Joe Louis is the best boxer that ever lived!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 02:26:42 PM »
I'd vote for Tre Mason...all he has done is continue to churn out yardage against "Top Rushing Defenses in The Country"

1,621 yards and 22 TD's.  Bad azz.  I did see this quote in an al.crumbs article on Mason getting Heisman recognition.  Answering the question of whether Tre should get an invite.  So, since he's one of, if not the best back in the country....but hasn't been pimped....

"It's borderline because it's so late in the process," said Chris Huston of HeismanPundit.com. "So much of it is about name recognition."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2013, 02:36:42 PM »
1,621 yards and 22 TD's.  Bad azz.  I did see this quote in an al.crumbs article on Mason getting Heisman recognition.  Answering the question of whether Tre should get an invite.  So, since he's one of, if not the best back in the country....but hasn't been pimped....

"It's borderline because it's so late in the process," said Chris Huston of HeismanPundit.com. "So much of it is about name recognition."

Finebaum claims to have voted Mason #2 and said he thinks many that waited til today with their vote will have him in their top 3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions