Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Raven Gray...Anyone heard anything?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Raven Gray...Anyone heard anything?
« on: August 13, 2008, 02:28:15 PM »
I've been keeping up pretty well with practice reports, footage etc.  Certainly haven't read every word but strangely, I haven't heard this guy's name mentioned much, if at all.  Is he injured?  Suspended?  Does he suck?

He's a local guy that I saw play both football and basketball.  Total beast.  When we resigned him, CTT was quoted as saying he may be the best DE ever at Auburn.

Signed, Wondering in the Wiregrass
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Raven Gray...Anyone heard anything?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 03:04:04 PM »
Steve said...
How about a Raven Gray update Jay is he settling in yet? What is your guess on him seeing the field at all this year.

11:24 AM

Jay G. Tate said...
Oh, Raven Gray will play. It's just that he's pushing it right now in terms of expecting a lot from his knee. He's "only" eight months out from a pretty invasive ACL procedure.

I see him as the fourth/fifth DE right now.

weak side: Coleman, Carter
strong side: Goggans, Gray/J. Savage

11:35 AM

Signed, Bukkake in Birmingham.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 03:05:29 PM by AWK »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Raven Gray...Anyone heard anything?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 03:28:30 PM »
Sweet.  Preciate the update. 

On the DE front, I recall watching Antoine Carter in one of the early practices.  He was a wild man and really hard to block in all the drills. But, he was only about 225.  All the bios I've seen have him up over 250 now and every report from practice raves about him whipping some ass.  I've got a feeling this is the guy that may be looking at a serious Sunday payday in the next few years.

I'm going to the scrimmage Saturday and I just got wood thinking about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."