Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week 12

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
Re: Thoughts - Week 12
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, 10:26:39 AM »
I got this...."we didn't want to win anyway"
"$aban just gonna use the offtime on the seccg weekend to flip any hand-picked barner 'cruits"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2013, 10:29:11 AM »
Great win #winning

We were badly out coached and out played in the 4th. :facepalm: :facepalm:

I don't agree. 

What you saw was a young team that went to the fourth believing its own hype and then crapped the bed a little.  The stadium was in full party mode, the players were dancing, half the media had retired to write headlines about the statement Auburn delivered in abusing Georgia.  At the beginning of the fourth the ball was at the UGA 16, first down. Up 34-17. Hadn't stopped us all night.  Were about to make it 41-17 and set off fireworks. 

Funny thing happened.  Penalty. Penalty. Penalty. Took away a first and goal at the two. Ended up kicking a field goal.  Still 37-17.

Georgia comes out and are just playing out the string.  Trying to get out of there.  Short passes, runs up the middle. We're just keeping it in front of us, letting the clock run and thinking about the awesome parties later that night. And then a facemask penalty (shouldn't have been a 15-yarder but that's another topic).  Hit a pass, score and cut the gap. 

Georgia's still not in it.  Just something to keep it from being embarrassing. 

And then we get nervous. A little tentative.  Freeze up a bit.  Screw up a play that would have gotten a first down and go three and out. 

They get the ball back, hit a 22-yard pass and all of a sudden we're in full freeze mode.  Scared to make a mistake and be the goat. 

And it unravels. 

Outplayed?  Yeah.  Outcoached?  No.  Just a young team growing up. 

We'll learn from it and not get sloppy.  First game all year that Gurley played four quarters and Georgia lost.  That's a big deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2013, 10:35:33 AM »
And then a facemask penalty (shouldn't have been a 15-yarder but that's another topic). 

They're all 15 yards now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2013, 10:37:33 AM »

I don't agree. 

What you saw was a young team that went to the fourth believing its own hype and then crapped the bed a little.  The stadium was in full party mode, the players were dancing, half the media had retired to write headlines about the statement Auburn delivered in abusing Georgia.  At the beginning of the fourth the ball was at the UGA 16, first down. Up 34-17. Hadn't stopped us all night.  Were about to make it 41-17 and set off fireworks. 

Funny thing happened.  Penalty. Penalty. Penalty. Took away a first and goal at the two. Ended up kicking a field goal.  Still 37-17.

Georgia comes out and are just playing out the string.  Trying to get out of there.  Short passes, runs up the middle. We're just keeping it in front of us, letting the clock run and thinking about the awesome parties later that night. And then a facemask penalty (shouldn't have been a 15-yarder but that's another topic).  Hit a pass, score and cut the gap. 

And then we get nervous. A little tentative.  Freeze up a bit.  Screw up a play that would have gotten a first down and go three and out. 

They get the ball back, hit a 22-yard pass and all of a sudden we're in full freeze mode.  Scared to make a mistake and be the goat. 

And it unravels. 

We'll learn from it and not get sloppy.  First game all year that Gurley played four quarters and Georgia lost.  That's a big deal.
This pretty much sums it up for me. And when Louis sacked Mason we completed the meltdown...but NO!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2013, 10:57:19 AM »

I don't agree. 

And it unravels. 

That's what good teams do and I think we have the people (coaching and players) to do that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2013, 11:05:45 AM »

I don't agree. 

And it unravels. 

Spot on with what I said.

Going into a bye week, I don't think we could have asked for a better outcome.  The coaches can point to 3 quarters and give the team confidence that they can not only compete with the best teams but dominate them.  Then they can point to the 4th quarter and light a fire under the asses about how they have to finish the game. 

We get a full week to do that without a game to prepare for.  Then we can focus solely on preparing for Alabama.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2013, 11:22:13 AM »

I don't agree. 

And it unravels. 

Nailed it

Grantham and Richt didn't do shit. Thinking either can outcoach Gus is hilarious. If anything gus outcoaches himself at times. We went away from what worked. We keep doing what we did first 3 quarters, it's probably a 48-21 score.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2013, 11:23:02 AM »
We must play 5 great quarters to Beat Bama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2013, 11:30:40 AM »
We must play 5 great quarters to Beat Bama.
But what if we only coach four great quarters?  I see potential for a problem here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2013, 11:36:34 AM »
Nailed it

Grantham and Richt didn't do shit. Thinking either can outcoach Gus is hilarious. If anything gus outcoaches himself at times. We went away from what worked. We keep doing what we did first 3 quarters, it's probably a 48-21 score.

I really believe we started testing out plays deep in the playbook around the beginning of the fourth quarter.  We lined up in a formation I hadn't seen before when Marshall dropped the snap. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2013, 12:12:33 PM »
we were also badly out reffed. They get a touchdown that the shouldn't have and apparently anne murray can intentionally ground the ball as well and not have it called.

This wasn't the only game this season that we have had to play against the refs. Just wait until November 30.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2013, 01:23:50 PM »

I don't agree. 

And it unravels. 

Winner winner chicken dinner
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2013, 01:51:28 PM »
I got one other thought.  Prior to the Murray touchdown that wasn't but was, there was a kid near me who couldn't have been more than 15.  There were several girls. Every single one of them -- EVERY one of them -- was screaming "quarterback draw, quarterback draw, quarterback draw!!!"  I was doing the same. 

Why did Jake hesitate and watch McKinzy take the receiver on the cross, when that was clearly covered?  His hesitation in the middle of the field left it open for Murray. 

If I knew it was coming, children knew it was coming, cheerleaders, old ladies, llamas and arctic squirrels knew it was coming, how did it get missed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/georgia-aaron-murray-4th-quarter-115343068.html

Maybe I'm blaming him for something that wasn't his fault and McKinzy should have released the receiver, but it just seems like he waited too long to get where he was supposed to be. 

Also? Holding. Better get prepared for that, though.  Straight up tackling by that UA offensive line is permitted.  It's why their "great" OL prospects bubble out in the NFL.  Can't just grab people at will. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2013, 04:06:15 PM »
I got one other thought.  Prior to the Murray touchdown that wasn't but was, there was a kid near me who couldn't have been more than 15.  There were several girls. Every single one of them -- EVERY one of them -- was screaming "quarterback draw, quarterback draw, quarterback draw!!!"  I was doing the same. 

Why did Jake hesitate and watch McKinzy take the receiver on the cross, when that was clearly covered?  His hesitation in the middle of the field left it open for Murray. 

If I knew it was coming, children knew it was coming, cheerleaders, old ladies, llamas and arctic squirrels knew it was coming, how did it get missed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/georgia-aaron-murray-4th-quarter-115343068.html

Maybe I'm blaming him for something that wasn't his fault and McKinzy should have released the receiver, but it just seems like he waited too long to get where he was supposed to be. 

Also? Holding. Better get prepared for that, though.  Straight up tackling by that UA offensive line is permitted.  It's why their "great" OL prospects bubble out in the NFL.  Can't just grab people at will.

Who knows, On one of the other QB draws he got his jock faked out so bad that he was sitting down as Murray went by him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2013, 04:22:01 PM »

Who knows, On one of the other QB draws he got his jock faked out so bad that he was sitting down as Murray went by him.
He's a team player - didn't want to steal Marshall and Louis's time in the spotlight by making a 4th-down td-saving tackle
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2013, 04:53:00 PM »
I'll be so happy when Holland graduates.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2013, 05:11:08 PM »

He most likely will miss it.    :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2013, 05:28:40 PM »
Word is he might consider becoming a G.A.  #winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2013, 05:32:40 PM »
Word is he might consider becoming a G.A.  #winning

I think he has the technical know how, Seems to be a very smart player. Just doesn't translate to on the field production. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2013, 05:40:22 PM »
I think he has the technical know how, Seems to be a very smart player. Just doesn't translate to on the field production.
I concur. Good kid, smart and has Auburn in his heart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions