Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What makes you believe we can compete with Alabama?

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: What makes you believe we can compete with Alabama?
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2013, 12:31:27 PM »

Three guesses on who missed this tackle against their slow ass QB?

This is really not a fair criticism. Jake thought he was going to give him one of those high five hip bumps but the dude just kept on running.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2013, 12:49:57 PM »
Jake "the Snake". The Kenny Stabler of Linebackers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2013, 01:00:07 PM »
Jake "the Snake". The Kenny Stabler of Linebackers.

Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, & Dodge
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2013, 09:44:33 PM »
Gus took a sizeable chunk out of Jake's ass after that whiff. I heard he went off on him on the sideline.

Does anyone else find themselves inexplicably focused on Jake when the defense in on the field? It's like easing past a horrible wreck on the highway; you don't want to look because you know its going to be gruesome, but you just can't help but look.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:50:48 PM by Pell City Tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2013, 10:20:21 PM »
Gus took a sizeable chunk out of Jake's ass after that whiff. I heard he went off on him on the sideline.

Does anyone else find themselves inexplicably focused on Jake when the defense in on the field? It's like easing past a horrible wreck on the highway; you don't want to look because you know its going to be gruesome, but you just can't help but look.
I was walking to the kitchen for a beer and hit the door frame with my toe from rubberneckin Holland. He is captivating. I think my toe is broken. Should I sue him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2013, 12:05:57 AM »

Three guesses on who missed this tackle against their slow ass QB?

I was actually laughing out loud when that play happened. I told my Dad that Jake thought he was playing intramural flag football. That picture will be called "The Holland Tackle II".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2013, 10:09:18 AM »

Whats worse he is there on every tackle...always standing about 3 yds away.  How can a MLB always be the guy standing outside of the actual tackle?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2013, 10:10:51 AM »
Whats worse he is there on every tackle...always standing about 3 yds away.  How can a MLB always be the guy standing outside of the actual tackle?

Love?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2013, 10:12:25 AM »
He's no CJ Mosely
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2013, 10:15:55 AM »
He's got their back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2013, 11:09:01 AM »
He's no CJ Mosely

No, but I bet his nuts are bigger. Don't steroids shrivel those things up?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2013, 11:22:18 AM »
I was actually laughing out loud when that play happened. I told my Dad that Jake thought he was playing intramural flag football. That picture will be called "The Holland Tackle II".

I was talking to my dad during halftime, and he has heard me mention Jake "ghost" Holland and said he had been looking for that number 5 I keep talking about and just never saw him. I chuckled. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2013, 12:43:06 PM »
I was talking to my dad during halftime, and he has heard me mention Jake "ghost" Holland and said he had been looking for that number 5 I keep talking about and just never saw him. I chuckled.

Jake is the 12th man on offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2013, 01:03:06 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2013, 02:08:37 PM »
No, but I bet his nuts are bigger. Don't steroids shrivel those things up?
Yes but the contrast makes your dick look bigger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2013, 02:35:05 PM »
Yes but the contrast makes your dick look bigger.

Tell me about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2013, 06:53:53 PM »
Jake is the 12th man on offense.
:kimclap:

That is damn funny, man!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2013, 04:38:00 PM »
Auburn still has the Iron Bowl series lead in my 31 year old lifetime at 17-14.

In my 31 years of life, Alabama has only beaten Auburn three years in a row once. 1990, 91, & 92. Auburn has gone on 4 & 6 game streaks.

Gathered from Twitter:

Nick Saban, at LSU & Alabama, has never beaten an Auburn team that finished the season with 4 or less losses, i.e. really good Auburn teams.

The Bama adage "Auburn only beats us when we're down" is not only utterly false, but if anything the opposite is true

Alabama is 1-6 all-time vs. ranked Auburn teams at Jordan-Hare.

Bama has never beaten an AU team w/8+ wins coming in at JHS. They are 0-4 in such situations ('89, '93, '97, '05).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2013, 05:03:43 PM »
Alabama hasn't beaten an Auburn team that went on to win 10 or more games since 1974.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:22:41 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2013, 05:17:38 PM »
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/11/nick_sabans_never_beaten_an_au.html

Nick Saban and Alabama tend to lose to Auburn's better teams (Kevin Scarbinsky)

By Kevin Scarbinsky | kscarbinsky@al.com

on November 21, 2013 at 2:43 PM

If you're Auburn, you spend the next nine days looking for every edge you can find to try to beat Alabama.

You look on the practice field, in the film room and on the stat sheet.

You search for every possible advantage, physically, emotionally and psychologically, to convince yourself you can do what no one else has done this year.

You tell yourself Alabama has struggled with Texas A&M and Mississippi State. You tell yourself the Crimson Tide secondary is vulnerable.

You also tell yourself that Nick Saban's record isn't the best against Auburn's better teams.

It's a strange but true fact.

Saban is 6-5 overall against Auburn as the head coach at Alabama and LSU. He's 4-2 against the Tigers at Alabama after going 2-3 against them at LSU. He's dominated them of late, winning four of their last five meetings by a commanding combined score of 180-63.

But Saban hasn't enjoyed the same kind of success against Auburn's better teams. In fact, he's coached against Auburn teams that would finish the season with nine or more wins five times.

He's lost all five of those games.

At LSU, Saban lost in 2000 to an Auburn team headed toward 9-4, in 2002 to another 9-4 team and in 2004 to Auburn's 13-0 SEC champs. At Alabama, Saban lost in 2007 to a 9-4 Auburn team and in 2010 to Auburn's 14-0 BCS champs.

On the flip side, against Auburn teams that would finish with fewer than nine wins, Saban is 6-0.

This Auburn team, of course, already has 10 wins.

But it's not just Saban-coached teams that struggle to beat the better Auburn teams. It's Alabama teams in general.

The Crimson Tide has lost the last eight Iron Bowls to Auburn teams that would finish the season with nine or more wins: 2010, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2002, 2000 and 1997.

The last time Alabama won an Iron Bowl against an Auburn team headed toward nine or more wins was 1994. That was Terry Bowden's second season as head coach, and it was his first defeat on the Auburn sideline.

In contrast, Auburn's won three of the last seven Iron Bowls against Alabama teams headed toward nine-plus victories. The Tigers beat an Alabama team that would finish 10-3 in 2010, an Alabama team headed toward 10-2 in 2005 and an Alabama team en route to 10-3 in 2002.

What do those trends mean for the 2013 Iron Bowl? Maybe nothing. The past isn't always prologue. This game will be decided by matchups, by Tre Mason's ability to run past C.J. Mosley, Dee Ford's ability to get to AJ McCarron, etc.

But a 10-1 Auburn team that'll walk into its own stadium for the Iron Bowl as a double-digit underdog needs every possible reason to believe it can shock the world one more time.

Recent history provides a reason. Auburn's better teams tend to walk out of the Iron Bowl with a smile.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:23:58 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions