Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Difference between Vandy and UAT...

JohnDeere

• Pledge
Difference between Vandy and UAT...
« on: August 12, 2008, 08:36:04 AM »
http://www.vanderbiltsportsline.com/

Vandy Blog

It was announced a few days ago that CBJ decided to suspend RB Jermaine Doster for one year following misdemeanor charges against him outside a Tampa Bay nightclub where he apparently was uncooperative with police and kicking out the back window of a cruiser in which he'd been placed. these events sound vaguely familiar to another event that happened in Tuscaloosa last August, except for the Coach making a definitive decision on discipline.

Doster has no criminal record that I'm aware of and based on the information that's been released he has never been in violation of team rules or been a discipline problem. As far as we know, this is an isolated incident. I understand the need to hold ourselves to a higher standard than the rest of the SEC in terms of player academics and behavior, but this time I think CBJ went too far. I, for one, think that even a suspension for 1-3 games is too light, and would think that a 6 game suspension would be much more appropriate. But to suspend Doster for the entire year I believe is overkill. The kid loses a year of eligibility for something that would get you maybe 2 or 3 games at any other SEC school. There has to be some sort of middle ground.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Difference between Vandy and UAT...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 08:55:17 AM »
I, for one, think that even a suspension for 1-3 games is too light, and would think that a 6 game suspension would be much more appropriate. But to suspend Doster for the entire year I believe is overkill. The kid loses a year of eligibility for something that would get you maybe 2 or 3 games at any other SEC school. There has to be some sort of middle ground.
Not at our SEC school. Not at many I can think of. Kicking the back window out of a police cruiser is in no way a 1-2 game offense to any school not overridden by thugs.
Way to lower the bar for everyone including Vandy, uat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: Difference between Vandy and UAT...
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 05:32:06 PM »
I thought that you were going to say that the only difference between the two is their gpa.  On the gridiron they are about the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions