Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Moving is a PITA

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Moving is a PITA
« on: October 30, 2013, 01:59:42 PM »
Moving is a ridiculous hassle. 

DirecTV?  Oh, we can't come THOSE days to swap your service, would you have any availability three weeks later?

AT&T? Oh, sorry, we don't offer Internet there.

Mediacom? Oh, we did a survey and most people in that neighborhood were on satellite service so we did not run lines there. No Internet.

Moving company (because I'm lazy and don't feel like making my friends sweat for Happy Meals)?  Oh, we have to charge you a $200 destination fee. Because our trucks.

Blah, blah, blah 

I built a bigger house less than two miles from where I am now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Moving is a PITA
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 02:29:20 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 02:38:35 PM »
Moving is a ridiculous hassle. 

DirecTV?  Oh, we can't come THOSE days to swap your service, would you have any availability three weeks later?

"Oh ok.  I spoke to Charter who said they could and even mentioned a deal on a bundle.  I'd hate to switch companies though."

AT&T? Oh, sorry, we don't offer Internet there.

I doubt they'd lie about this, so that just sucks.
Moving company (because I'm lazy and don't feel like making my friends sweat for Happy Meals)?  Oh, we have to charge you a $200 destination fee. Because our trucks.

We used Two Men and a Truck (was actually three guys but whatever) and we didn't pay a destination fee.  Was all based on time. 

So we boxed everything up and placed it near the door.  Took apart the beds and had everything lined up for easy carry out.  Saved us a good amount of money. 

Blah, blah, blah 

[/quote]
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 03:05:55 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 03:15:30 PM »

Sanchez dammit. Sanchez. Your maids last name is Sanchez! Dumbasses!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 03:48:59 PM »
"Oh ok.  I spoke to Charter who said they could and even mentioned a deal on a bundle.  I'd hate to switch companies though."

I doubt they'd lie about this, so that just sucks.
We used Two Men and a Truck (was actually three guys but whatever) and we didn't pay a destination fee.  Was all based on time. 

So we boxed everything up and placed it near the door.  Took apart the beds and had everything lined up for easy carry out.  Saved us a good amount of money. 

Blah, blah, blah 

So, since there is no Internet in the neighborhood, I just became the kingpin.  Gonna put in a T1 or fiber and sell to all the neighbors.  Went from being without service to making a couple grand a month, BOOM.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 04:44:36 PM »
So, since there is no Internet in the neighborhood, I just became the kingpin.  Gonna put in a T1 or fiber and sell to all the neighbors.  Went from being without service to making a couple grand a month, BOOM.

MAD SKILLZ!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 04:53:52 PM »

I wouldn't buy T1 from you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 04:55:11 PM »

Don't know, they have never had it before may not want it now. They'd have to go and buy computers and such.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 04:55:38 PM »
I wouldn't buy T1 from you.

Apparition Internet Service.  Yes. Yes you would. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 05:12:22 PM »
Apparition Internet Service.  Yes. Yes you would.
No T1 sucks, you shouldn't do that either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 05:16:19 PM »
T1 is kind of 1999-2002ish. Whateva you do, do not go satellite.

http://internetproviders.inmyarea.com/?gclid=CMu6xN6-v7oCFWho7AodcykAUw
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 05:23:53 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 01:09:09 AM »
T1 is kind of 1999-2002ish. Whateva you do, do not go satellite.

http://internetproviders.inmyarea.com/?gclid=CMu6xN6-v7oCFWho7AodcykAUw

Satellite is out.  Not gonna do that.  But I don't have many other options.  I could run fiber to the house and sell service off that or T1.  Can't (don't want to) pay for that chunk myself. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 07:15:52 AM »
Why don't you have some of your field hands come in and help the house folk?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 11:23:58 AM »
Satellite is out.  Not gonna do that.  But I don't have many other options.  I could run fiber to the house and sell service off that or T1.  Can't (don't want to) pay for that chunk myself.

How the hell are you going to sell service out of your house? Even if you actually did pay for fiber to be run to your house (snicker) or get a TI, which would still require running a line to your house since currently there is nothing there (snicker), you are saying you are actually going to build an internet infrastructure to every house in your neighborhood so that you can sell them $100 internet per month (snicker)?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 11:26:59 AM »
How the hell are you going to sell service out of your house? Even if you actually did pay for fiber to be run to your house (snicker) or get a TI, which would still require running a line to your house since currently there is nothing there (snicker), you are saying you are actually going to build an internet infrastructure to every house in your neighborhood so that you can sell them $100 internet per month (snicker)?

He will just send a few of his hired hands to his estate to setup said infrastructure. Money is of no issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 11:44:08 AM »

Well first, I have a business that requires that I have Internet service at my house.  (so pffft).
Second, I have funds to run the line to my house and will do so. Fiber.  (fu)
Third, one of my friends/golfing partners runs the lines for a living and is going to set it up. (so fuu-u)
Fourth, we're going to handle it because (again) he does that for a living and is gonna make it work.

So, in sum.  :fu:  :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 11:51:34 AM »

He's gonna hook everybody up on a grid and set it up on a payin' system.  Yessir, a veritable age of reason!  Like the one they had in France!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 11:57:56 AM »
Is this what you are planning? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 12:05:46 PM »
Well first, I have a business that requires that I have Internet service at my house.  (so pffft).
Second, I have funds to run the line to my house and will do so. Fiber.  (fu)
Third, one of my friends/golfing partners runs the lines for a living and is going to set it up. (so fuu-u)
Fourth, we're going to handle it because (again) he does that for a living and is gonna make it work.

So, in sum.  :fu:  :)

So.....your friend is going to run fiber to your house? From just somewhere where the internet is? And then, he is going to run lines from your house, to every one of your customers that want to run it?

yeah....I think you are fucking with us...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions