Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gosh darn it, people like me...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Gosh darn it, people like me...
« on: August 11, 2008, 06:31:39 PM »
This isn't a joke.

"Our team is a family. We will look out for each other. We love one another. Anything that attempts to tear us apart only makes us stronger."
As year two opens under Nick Saban, Alabama is attempting to correct a string of off-the-field problems and create better futures for its players and the program. One way was to spend $39,000 for the Pacific Institute, a Seattle-based international company, to conduct development classes.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1218356381318590.xml&coll=2

I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And gosh darn it, people like me.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 06:33:21 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Gosh darn it, people like me...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 06:59:48 PM »
One way was to spend $39,000 for the Pacific Institute, a Seattle-based international company, to conduct development classes.
A few players nodded off, but most listened intently
Money well spent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JohnDeere

• Pledge
Re: Gosh darn it, people like me...
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 07:52:40 AM »
"When you tell yourself you have to do something, your subconscious tries to get you out of it," Tice said in the video. "So here's the rule for the rest of your life: Do what you want to do. Everything is a matter of choice.

"You don't have to go to school. Flunk out. Who cares? You don't have to practice. Get cut from the team or just become a loser. Who cares? You are a child, a baby, whenever you say, `They're making me do it.' Nobody can make you do anything, quite frankly. You do what you want to do. You just accept the consequences."  kinda of similar to a felony, the consequences of being arrested suck

After the video, Richardson read 29 words out loud and asked the players to remember as many as they could in order. One player tried to recall them and struggled.

Richardson read the words two more times. The player tried again and identified 10 straight words, drawing congratulations.  Not exactly Physics majors

"The point is, anything said to you once is soon forgotten if not repeated," Richardson said. "Anything repeated over and over again for several days, let's say eight days straight, is forever imprinted onto your mind." That is some deep shit, worth every penny of that $39k

Of all the Pearl Harbor references, motorcycle crashing, muggings, wallet stealing, street fighting, and crack selling that has been associated with UAT football in the  past 12-16 months; and to throw this liberal feel good class on top of that, how in the world can anybody be proud to say they support the Univeristy of Alabama football program/team?

They are beyond a 'joke'. It is just embarrasing to watch.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 07:55:04 AM by JohnDeere »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions