Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

No 1 loss contender for BCS?

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
No 1 loss contender for BCS?
« on: October 22, 2013, 09:58:13 AM »
I don't even like thinking about this but they are talking about it. I only wanna worry about Fla. Atlantic. But, it's interesting that this expert says a 1 loss SEC team won't play. http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/10/jerry_palm_gives_thoughts_on_a.html
Jerry Palm gives thoughts on Auburn, a one-loss SEC champ, and who controls their destiny
Print
Mark Heim | mheim@al.com By  Mark Heim | mheim@al.com   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on October 21, 2013 at 10:31 PM, updated October 21, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Jerry Palm of CBS Sports said no one-loss SEC champion has a shot at the BCS title, there are three teams that control their own destiny and Auburn is a contender in the SEC.

Alabama is No. 1 in this week's BCS standings.

Florida State reacts to No. 2 ranking in BCS.

Oregon coach Mark Helfrich reacts to Ducks No. 3 ranking.

Palm was asked Monday on The Tim Brando Show if there was anyway a one-loss SEC champion would advance to the BCS title game this season.

"No," Palm said. "A one-loss SEC champion will be the highest rated one-loss team more than likely, but finish behind any other major undefeated team."

He added that of all the teams in the mix right now for a BCS title shot, "Alabama, Oregon and Missouri control their own destiny."

Palm, who said Baylor fans were after him for not showing their team more love, said Auburn was in the same boat before Saturday's 45-41 win over Texas A&M.

"Auburn showed us this past week that Auburn is going to be someone to contend with in this league," Palm said. "But it wasn't until this week that we could believe that. Now, we could believe that about Auburn.

Check out the interview below.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:05:09 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: No 1 loss contender for BCS?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 10:00:55 AM »
I see what he's saying.  IF Oregon, FSU and Ohio State all run the table; there's not a 1 loss SEC team that could jump two of those three.  Not even the Mighty Fightin' Saybinz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 10:36:52 AM »
I see what he's saying.  IF Oregon, FSU and Ohio State all run the table; there's not a 1 loss SEC team that could jump two of those three.  Not even the Mighty Fightin' Saybinz.

All three from shitastic conferences.   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 11:17:49 AM »
This is just reinforces our desire to beat the shit out of bama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 11:47:56 AM »

This isn't going to happen.  OSU will lose. Oregon will lose. FSU may not, but the others will.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 11:53:11 AM »
This isn't going to happen.  OSU will lose. Oregon will lose. FSU may not, but the others will.

You are most likely correct; which will make things very interesting at years end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 12:04:42 PM »
I can clearly envision Auburn winning out and getting shut out of the championship again.

It's such an Auburn thing to happen. Be the last team shut out before the SEC's run, and the first one after.

I'll take it, don't get me wrong. But I will bitch about it should that come to pass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 12:22:18 PM »
I can clearly envision Auburn winning out and getting shut out of the championship again.

It's such an Auburn thing to happen. Be the last team shut out before the SEC's run, and the first one after.

I'll take it, don't get me wrong. But I will bitch about it should that come to pass.
I would LOVE for this to happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 12:42:13 PM »

I think all of us want to win out, but a lot of good things have to go our way for that to happen.

And I don't see where OSU or Oregon lose a game.

So by years end you could have FSU, OSU, Oregon, Turds (if we don't beat them) or Mizzu, Baylor or Texas Tech. There could be as many as 5 teams undefeated all coming out of major conferences. I don't care or give any hope for the big 12 winner.

Edit: Tech and Baylor play each other.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 12:52:52 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 01:12:17 PM »
I'll feel no ill towards the BCS if we're "shut out."  We lost a game.  If other teams maneuver their schedule better and stay ahead of us, then whatever.  Let them have it. 

Besides, after 0-8 in the SEC last year, if we win the SECCG, I won't even care what happens afterwards.  Probably because I'll be too hungover from partying from the first Sunday in December until August 30, 2014. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 01:41:11 PM »
I'll feel no ill towards the BCS if we're "shut out."  We lost a game.  If other teams maneuver their schedule better and stay ahead of us, then whatever.  Let them have it. 

Besides, after 0-8 in the SEC last year, if we win the SECCG, I won't even care what happens afterwards.  Probably because I'll be too hungover from partying from the first Sunday in December until August 30, 2014.

I want to party with you, cowboy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 02:32:21 PM »

I want to party with you, cowboy.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm gonna volunteer my leadership to this platoon. An army without leaders is like a foot without a big toe
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 02:50:23 PM »
I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm gonna volunteer my leadership to this platoon. An army without leaders is like a foot without a big toe

Sgt Hulka is that big toe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 02:50:40 PM »

I think that we owe a big round of applause to our newest, bestest buddy, and big toe... Sergeant Hulka.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 03:22:37 PM »
I think all of us want to win out, but a lot of good things have to go our way for that to happen.

And I don't see where OSU or Oregon lose a game.

So by years end you could have FSU, OSU, Oregon, Turds (if we don't beat them) or Mizzu, Baylor or Texas Tech. There could be as many as 5 teams undefeated all coming out of major conferences. I don't care or give any hope for the big 12 winner.

Edit: Tech and Baylor play each other.
most of those will lose. If they didn't it would be a bcs first. Even in 04 there were 3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE