• Pledge Master
SEC Blog on ESPN
« on: August 11, 2008, 11:07:56 AM »
Decent SEC Blog on ESPN
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/sec

SEC in the headlines: Spreading it out on the Plains

August 11, 2008 7:00 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low

AUBURN, Ala. -- I'll check in with Tommy Tuberville and his Auburn Tigers later on Monday and will have updates from the Plains all day. First-year offensive coordinator Tony Franklin told me back in July that he anticipated Kodi Burns and Chris Todd sharing snaps at quarterback early in the season until one sort of separated himself, and that's certainly the way the Tigers are headed. I'll get the latest on that situation and more. Just about all of the SEC teams, including Auburn, scrimmaged this past weekend. Here's a look at some of those scrimmage highlights:

* Auburn's new spread offense gets off to a good start. At least, that's what the offensive players were saying after Saturday's scrimmage, which was closed to the media and public. Some of the defensive players had a little different take, even though Tuberville wasn't thrilled with the tackling.

* Brad Lester likes what he sees from some of Auburn's younger offensive players.

* It's no secret that a bunch of freshmen are going to play this season for Alabama, and heralded receiver Julio Jones was hard to miss in Saturday's scrimmage. according to Alabama coach Nick Saban.

* Mississippi State coach Sylvester Croom wants to see more toughness out of his offense, which managed just one touchdown in Saturday's scrimmage - that coming against primarily second-stringers.

* Jevan Snead's hot start has Ole Miss fans buzzing after he goes deep for a touchdown on the first play last weekend.

* Red zone woes plague the Vols and quarterback Jonathan Crompton, but Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer is pleased to see some of his young defensive linemen step up and have big days.

* Bobby Petrino discusses his first preseason scrimmage at Arkansas, which produced more than 800 yards of total offense. You've got to wonder what that means for the Hogs' defense.

* Vanderbilt's Bobby Johnson looking for more intensity, and the Commodores' offense is looking for more production.

* South Carolina's quarterbacks have big days, with starter Tommy Beecher leading the way. And once again, Steve Spurrier makes it clear that Beecher is his starter ... period.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: SEC Blog on ESPN
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 11:44:59 AM »
Decent SEC Blog on ESPN
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/sec

He is at Auburn all day today, which means the majority of the columns today will be regarding Auburn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."