Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sunday observations

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Sunday observations
« on: August 10, 2008, 09:39:34 PM »
* Cornerback Harry Adams was helped off the field by trainers today and sat in the tent for a while until an ambulance arrived to take him away. Tommy Tuberville said Adams had the air knocked out of him in a drill and couldn't get it back, but improved afterwards.

* The offense might have won out in yesterday's scrimmage we didn't watch, but the defense dominated 11-on-11 work today. Like shut down dominated. I mentioned to Tray Blackmon after practice about how the offensive guys claimed victory from the scrimmage and he responded, "Well they took an L today," which I thought was funny.

* Speaking of Tray, he sat out the scrimmage yesterday. He said he had some bumps and bruises he was getting treatment on. But he practiced today.

* Craig Stevens made several great plays in 11-on-11.

* Ryan Pugh (eye) and Jason Bosley (back) didn't practice, leaving Tyronne Green and a few others to snap today. Tuberville said it was good to get them some reps, but there were a lot of snap issues throughout the day.

* Zach Clayton continues to be impressive in pass-rush drills. I think he's going to help them this year.

* Didn't write down every rep, but I recollect that Andrew McCain had a pretty good day blocking in pass-rush drills. Antoine Carter killed him one time, but the rest of the reps he was in for that I wrote down, he won, including riding Antonio Coleman down to the ground one time. Seemed to do a particularly good job on that one.

* Philip Pierre-Louis made a great over-the-shoulder touchdown catch in one-on-one drills. He had a chance to make a similar play in 11-on-11, but he dropped the ball. Probably would have been a TD.

* Barrett Trotter worked in for some reps in 11-on-11 work. He's been very impressive in what I've seen so far. Tuberville said Trotter and Neil Caudle are in a close battle for the No. 3 QB spot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Sunday observations
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 09:46:59 PM »
By the way, the observations are from David Ming from the Columbus Ledger. He's got a pretty good blog http://wareagleextra.blogspot.com/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 09:57:48 PM »
PPL is going to be a stud I think. I have seen just some rivals video of that kid at practice and to quote Prowler...he is shit your pants fast...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 01:04:38 AM »
Like when you go out and eat some shady mexican food and soon as you get in the truck "it" hits you so fast you are sweating type of fast?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"