Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

nom nom nom... be nice people ...nom nom nom

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
nom nom nom... be nice people ...nom nom nom
« on: September 23, 2013, 09:22:19 PM »
Ol Phil thinks we don't know what we are talking about.  Who might Phil be talking about? A certain LB perchance?

Are there fans out there who really believe they can watch a game live or on television and know more about who should play where and when than the coaches who see them practice every day and know how they are executing their assignments and what their assignments are? Really? I have always found that to be amazing. The most criticized player on the Auburn team is among the most respected by his teammates, who don’t share any of the widespread perceptions.

http://www.auburntigers.com/ot/blog_phillip_marshall_marshalllaw.html

This just in Phil is a moron...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Re: nom nom nom... be nice people ...nom nom nom
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 10:01:39 PM »
Isn't he in the fucking athletic department now?  Jake probably personally asked hi to write this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

chinook

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 11:06:34 PM »
Isn't he in the fucking athletic department now?  Jake probably personally asked hi to write this.

'cause bye wasn't available...?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 11:11:18 PM »
This is not personal.  I'm sure Jake is a great kid.  I don't think anyone has ever said Jake is not a great guy or has ever called him lazy or an asshole.  But his football skills SUCK.  I'm sure his teammates respect him for not giving up even though he is outgunned and outmanned and completely incompetent at his position. When even the ESPN announcers single you out for suckage, you probably suck. 

If he is executing the assignments the coaches give him, the way they tell him to execute them, then we need some some new coaches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 11:44:41 PM »
I don't too much give a #%+Â¥#%{} how he practices. 

Means nothing to me.  And Phil? You're damn skippy I can watch a game live and tell when somebody is out of his depth. 

In short, mr Marshall, pay a little more attention to your wardrobe and less to message boards and you'll be better off. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 07:31:52 AM »

In short, mr Marshall, pay a little more attention to your wardrobe and less to message boards and you'll be better off.

"Well, which is it, young feller? You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?"
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 08:09:08 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 10:43:11 AM »
among the most respected by his teammates.

There was a girl when I was going to college who was on her back a lot too. All the guys respected her.  :gig:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 11:12:48 AM »
I don't too much give a #%+Â¥#%{} how he practices. 

Means nothing to me.  And Phil? You're damn skippy I can watch a game live and tell when somebody is out of his depth. 

Although I agree with most of what you said, I do think Phillip dresses spiffy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 11:23:36 AM »
I dreamed about Jake. 

I was in an alley and this guy who works for me went and got him. Came up in a broken down Toyota or something with Jake driving and my guy in the passenger seat. 

Jake rolls down the window and my guy is blasting him about how he sucks, shouldn't be on the field, backs out of plays etc.

So I'm sitting there at a little table in this alley and Jake is essentially a hostage.  So he looks at me and asks what we want him to do.  Starts crying. Says he has feelings, he's a human and he's doing the best he can.  Asks why everybody hates him when he's trying so hard.  And he just keeps crying, says people say such hurtful things and he doesn't know what else he can do. He says he played better against LSU.

My guy says it's not good enough. He gets out of the car and tells Jake to start driving and don't look back. He starts crying again. 

I lean into the car and  tell him I know he loves Auburn, but sometimes love means putting yourself aside. It's time for him to go. 

That's all I remember. 

Then this morning I'm watching SportsCenter and they're showing why Denver carved up the Raiders and the focus is on linebackers who are basically jogging in place.  That Hasselbeck guy essentially screams at Hannah "They're BACKING UP when the running back has the ball."  He draws on the board and explains how their indecision and failure to step up opens lanes and compromises the entire rest of the defense. He shows how them backpedaling makes it easy for blockers to negate them. He shows how the backs only have to look at which way they turn to have lanes that create bad angles for everybody else. And I see them doing exactly what Jake does. Hot footing it, not moving toward the line when the back has the ball, letting people drift past them in zone coverage, getting turned by blockers while the back hurtles past. 

It was sickening. And I wished my guy would find him and drag him to an alley somewhere.

So YES, Phillip you catfish-eyed waddle pudge we CAN see what's on the field and know what's up.  Unless Hasselbeck can't either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 11:28:10 AM »

Then this morning I'm watching SportsCenter and they're showing why Denver carved up the Raiders and the focus is on linebackers who are basically jogging in place.  That Hasselbeck guy essentially screams at Hannah "They're BACKING UP when the running back has the ball."  He draws on the board and explains how their indecision and failure to step up opens lanes and compromises the entire rest of the defense. He shows how them backpedaling makes it easy for blockers to negate them. He shows how the backs only have to look at which way they turn to have lanes that create bad angles for everybody else. And I see them doing exactly what Jake does. Hot footing it, not moving toward the line when the back has the ball, letting people drift past them in zone coverage, getting turned by blockers while the back hurtles past. 

So what you're saying is that Jake has a future in the NFL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 11:29:33 AM »
I dreamed about Jake. 

I was in an alley and this guy who works for me went and got him. Came up in a broken down Toyota or something with Jake driving and my guy in the passenger seat. 

Jake rolls down the window and my guy is blasting him about how he sucks, shouldn't be on the field, backs out of plays etc.

So I'm sitting there at a little table in this alley and Jake is essentially a hostage.  So he looks at me and asks what we want him to do.  Starts crying. Says he has feelings, he's a human and he's doing the best he can.  Asks why everybody hates him when he's trying so hard.  And he just keeps crying, says people say such hurtful things and he doesn't know what else he can do. He says he played better against LSU.

My guy says it's not good enough. He gets out of the car and tells Jake to start driving and don't look back. He starts crying again. 

I lean into the car and  tell him I know he loves Auburn, but sometimes love means putting yourself aside. It's time for him to go. 

That's all I remember. 

It was sickening. And I wished my guy would find him and drag him to an alley somewhere.

So YES, Phillip you catfish-eyed waddle pudge we CAN see what's on the field and know what's up.  Unless Hasselbeck can't either.
But his teammates like him Kaos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 01:21:23 PM »
Jake is really trying hard you guys. He is giving 110% and that means a lot. Add to being very well liked by everybody, isn't he the obvious choice to start? I don't see the problem. You are all just being meanies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 01:43:39 PM »
But Jake told Marshall that his teammates like him Kaos.

FTFY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 01:52:09 PM »
I know the question has probably been asked, but if Jake is the best choice at his position, what does that say about our depth? It concerns me that our coaches do no think there is somebody better than him at that position. It is not like they don't have enough tape to show that he lacks the skills, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2013, 01:59:23 PM »
I know the question has probably been asked, but if Jake is the best choice at his position, what does that say about our depth? It concerns me that our coaches do no think there is somebody better than him at that position. It is not like they don't have enough tape to show that he lacks the skills, right?

That is the thing, in my opinion a walk-on has to be better at his position.  The guy alone gave up two huge plays that went for scores because he was outmatched.  So put someone else in...god knows he can't be worse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2013, 02:01:22 PM »
So what you're saying is that Jake has a future in the NFL.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »

It's my guess that no other mlb on the roster is equipped to call the plays full time. I'm dead serious. Yes we are that weak at the position. As much as jake lacks physically he probably knows the playbook thoroughly. Not defending him. Just saying we are that weak at the position. Like I said in the other thread. It's picking a poison. Frost needs to get with it in the head. The sooner he does that, the sooner jake will have playing time reduced. I'm guessing we will see that anyway as the defense learns more as the season goes on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 02:31:52 PM »
Fuck that fat bastard.  I consider myself an awesome person, but I would expect fans to be mad at me if I were the LB...because I would suck.  No one is talking shit about Jake for personal reasons...  Fuck off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 02:33:44 PM »
Fuck that fat bastard.  I consider myself an awesome person, but I would expect fans to be mad at me if I were the LB...because I would suck.  No one is talking shit about Jake for personal reasons...  Fuck off.

You are an awesome person and don't sell yourself short, Jake is a tremendous slouch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 02:41:12 PM »
The angst that we have about the MLB position should likely be directed toward Tubbs and Chiz for letting it reach this level. We've lost some good LB's over the last several years for a myriad of reasons. Bottom line is that we are where we are due to that--while they were coaches.

It's really not Jake's fault or CEJ's fault. At the same time, I think it's time for Frost to be the starter and Jake the back up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com