friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: If You...
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2013, 12:06:23 PM »
The kid is going to be in there when a big game is on the line and save the day. He's gonna grab a tipped ball and take it in from thirty yards out. Auburn wins! 

People will write songs about him, name their pets for him and toast him heartily.
That is the legend of Jake Holland.

The Hero of Auburn, the man they call... JAAAAAAAKE...

Nope.  Ain't happening.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2013, 12:06:56 PM »
Here is the Jake non-tackle I was talking about

That counts, right?  I mean, he had the guy's shoe almost to the point a real defender took him down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2013, 12:11:12 PM »
That counts, right?  I mean, he had the guy's shoe almost to the point a real defender took him down.
Damn! No wonder the poor kid can't tackle. His mind won't let him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2013, 12:59:47 PM »
The Hero of Auburn, the man they call... JAAAAAAAKE...

Nope.  Ain't happening.

Thought the same thing then flushed it from my mind completely.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2013, 01:15:21 PM »
Jake Holland's dad doesn't like us. 

And Jake says we're stupid. 

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081513aaa.html

“If they’re going to scrutinize me, I’ll take it. I have that mindset to just keep moving. If they want to blame me, they can blame me, but I know I’m doing the best I can do. At the end of the day, they don’t know what they are talking about.”

What he doesn't understand is that the best he can do is a miserable failure. 

Daddy misses the point, too.

“I think it’s been unfortunate, because the commitment he’s made to Auburn and the willingness to help the team at all costs used to be something that was admired,” Jeff says. “It was painful for me to watch because, instead, it only brought on more criticism."

Sometimes it just doesn't happen.  Sometimes kids just can't make that leap from being really good in high school to being decent when the talent all around them goes up.  His commitment and willingness aren't in question.  I'm committed to Auburn and willing to help the team, but I shouldn't be on the field either.

No different than Frazier. Supposedly a good kid, tried hard, didn't make it.  Like Holland's dad, Frazier's was a regular on message boards...... until.....

Don't blame them.  I understand it.  You hurt for your kid.  But there's coffee to smell and the Hollands seem to lack that sense. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2013, 01:25:46 PM »
Jake Holland's dad doesn't like us. 

And Jake says we're stupid. 

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081513aaa.html

What he doesn't understand is that the best he can do is a miserable failure. 

Daddy misses the point, too.

Sometimes it just doesn't happen.  Sometimes kids just can't make that leap from being really good in high school to being decent when the talent all around them goes up.  His commitment and willingness aren't in question.  I'm committed to Auburn and willing to help the team, but I shouldn't be on the field either.

No different than Frazier. Supposedly a good kid, tried hard, didn't make it.  Like Holland's dad, Frazier's was a regular on message boards...... until.....

Don't blame them.  I understand it.  You hurt for your kid.  But there's coffee to smell and the Hollands seem to lack that sense.
All b.s. aside, I think we pick on Jake for two reasons. We have some fun with it. We had rather laugh than cry. And, because he is the scapegoat for the shoottacious job we (Chiz/Tubbs) have done for recruiting/developing/keeping LB's  over the last several years. It's atrocious. :facepalm:
I don't question the kid's heart and I appreciate his desire to win. I know that two experienced DC's with very long lists of credentials have deemed Jake as the best we had for that position. That's fact.

So, we must laugh about it and move on. Hopefully, we will see some others emerge.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 01:27:25 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2013, 01:29:59 PM »
I have said it on here before.  The kid is a great warrior, he and his family Auburn folks tried and true.  I have the utmost respect for him.  I have no doubt he tries his best.  Unfortunately, his best isn't good enough.

Come on dude not one tackle in a game?!? at MLB. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2013, 01:33:24 PM »
I have said it on here before.  The kid is a great warrior, he and his family Auburn folks tried and true.  I have the utmost respect for him.  I have no doubt he tries his best.  Unfortunately, his best isn't good enough.

You don't know what you are talking about. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2013, 01:33:54 PM »

So, I surmise that you think that there are better linebackers than Jake Holland.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2013, 01:39:53 PM »
There's not anything wrong with the performance of these athletes but it doesn't mean they could beat Carl Lewis.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2013, 01:52:28 PM »
"...want to tell me maybe, just go ahead now..."

I'm really glad I wasn't the only one....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2013, 01:52:44 PM »
All b.s. aside, I think we pick on Jake for two reasons. We have some fun with it. We had rather laugh than cry. And, because he is the scapegoat for the shoottacious job we (Chiz/Tubbs) have done for recruiting/developing/keeping LB's  over the last several years. It's atrocious. :facepalm:
I don't question the kid's heart and I appreciate his desire to win. I know that two experienced DC's with very long lists of credentials have deemed Jake as the best we had for that position. That's fact.

So, we must laugh about it and move on. Hopefully, we will see some others emerge.

From my understanding Jakes dad tired to beat him a lot as a kid to toughen him up.

He prolly missed a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2013, 02:17:22 PM »
There's not anything wrong with the performance of these athletes but it doesn't mean they could beat Carl Lewis.

What's better than winning a gold medal at the special olympics?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2013, 02:23:20 PM »
What's better than winning a gold medal at the special olympics?

Not being a retard. Bama Fan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2013, 04:11:05 PM »
"...want to buy me flowers, just go ahead now..."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2013, 04:31:48 PM »
Spin spin spin.

We make fun of Jake because this is the X and it is our sworn duty to point out and magnify all shortcomings and general screw ups.  From lack of nuttz to trouble with fractions.  Jake is an Auburn man and I'd love to have a beer or 6 with the guy and hear war stories.  But damn, WSU ran about 90 plays the other night and as has been pointed out, not one tackle.  It's been the same old song and dance every week for over 2 years now so yeah, you're going to take a lot of shit if they keep running you out there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2013, 04:38:26 PM »
Spin spin spin.

We make fun of Jake because this is the X and it is our sworn duty to point out and magnify all shortcomings and general screw ups.  From lack of nuttz to trouble with fractions.  Jake is an Auburn man and I'd love to have a beer or 6 with the guy and hear war stories.  But damn, WSU ran about 90 plays the other night and as has been pointed out, not one tackle.  It's been the same old song and dance every week for over 2 years now so yeah, you're going to take a lot of shit if they keep running you out there.

I would dare say his tackling ability is not very keen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2013, 05:58:21 PM »
I completely get what he and his dad are saying.

It's why I haven't piled on. What do you want him to do? Quit the team?

The anger and rage should be directed at the linebackers' coach (Harbison?...Wait...do we have a linebacker's coach? I think I found our problem...) then Ellis, then Gus, in that order. For not recognizing that someone can do the job better.

I'm not a fan of picking on one kid as a scapegoat as if I can do any better. I couldn't coach better either, but at least that is someone getting paid to recognize talent or lack thereof vs. simply not being physically capable of performing at a level that is expected of him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2013, 06:20:45 PM »
I completely get what he and his dad are saying.

It's why I haven't piled on. What do you want him to do? Quit the team?

The anger and rage should be directed at the linebackers' coach (Harbison?...Wait...do we have a linebacker's coach? I think I found our problem...) then Ellis, then Gus, in that order. For not recognizing that someone can do the job better.

I'm not a fan of picking on one kid as a scapegoat as if I can do any better. I couldn't coach better either, but at least that is someone getting paid to recognize talent or lack thereof vs. simply not being physically capable of performing at a level that is expected of him.

Eugene Fucking Chizik, Tommy Thigpin, Ted Roof, whoever else was doing our LB recruiting since 09.  Go even further back. We knew that Johnson, Stevens, Chris Evans and Bynes were going to leave, what did we do to replace them?  Holland, Curry, Gaston, Freeman, Richardson, Pybus, Jonathan Evans  (who isn't here anymore) and Rah Rah.  No beef about Rah Rah, his neck and back were fucked.  If not I truly believe we wouldn't be having a problem at MLB at this moment.  We haven't recruited jack for LB's in a long time. 

I don't see how we can be mad at the current staff.  They tried to keep Foster in the fold and we missed. We got who we got with basically a month to close out the class.  Now as far as starting Jake, they saw what they saw in practice, but listening to Johnson talk this week I don't believe that Jake will start.  He might, but I don't think so.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 06:25:46 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan