Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

If You...

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: If You...
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2013, 06:30:42 PM »
If Jake starts this week I'm going to kick a baby iguana damn it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2013, 06:41:47 PM »
I watched the game again yesterday, specifically watching Jake on the defense.  His play was so awful, I actually found myself getting pissed during the replay.  It was like a comedic routine.

There was a play in the third quarter where the player Jake is covering catches the ball, jake tries to tackle him and looks like a wet blanket...Thereize makes the tackle. It was literally unbelievable the amount of times he caught air and got 0 tackles.
You remember that one time where WSU ran the ball in the 3 hole (between the LG & LT), Jake had the angle as if the RB was going into the 5 hole (outside the LT)...but at the last second, realizing he was about to overrun the play he leaped backwards, nearly leg whipping the DT & DE in the back?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2013, 07:30:09 AM »
I completely get what he and his dad are saying.

It's why I haven't piled on. What do you want him to do? Quit the team?

The anger and rage should be directed at the linebackers' coach (Harbison?...Wait...do we have a linebacker's coach? I think I found our problem...) then Ellis, then Gus, in that order. For not recognizing that someone can do the job better.

I'm not a fan of picking on one kid as a scapegoat as if I can do any better. I couldn't coach better either, but at least that is someone getting paid to recognize talent or lack thereof vs. simply not being physically capable of performing at a level that is expected of him.

You do remember that is one of the reasons that this place started right? 

Pile on....Fuck him and his diddy.  They don't want to hear it?  Get better and or don't go on message boards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2013, 07:41:15 AM »
I completely get what he and his dad are saying.

The anger and rage should be directed at the linebackers' coach (Harbison?...Wait...do we have a linebacker's coach? I think I found our problem...) then Ellis, then Gus, in that order. For not recognizing that someone can do the job better.

I'm not a fan of picking on one kid as a scapegoat as if I can do any better. I couldn't coach better either, but at least that is someone getting paid to recognize talent or lack thereof vs. simply not being physically capable of performing at a level that is expected of him.
Ellis Johnson is the LB Coach/DC. I believe Auburn should contact Ray Lewis to become the LB GA and make him an offer he can't refuse
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2013, 09:46:32 AM »
Ellis Johnson is the LB Coach/DC. I believe Auburn should contact Ray Lewis to become the LB GA and make him an offer he can't refuse
Then Ellis is doubly to blame for playing him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2013, 09:46:49 AM »
How a middle linebacker can go through a game and not have one fucking tackle?????? :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

bgreene

« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2013, 09:47:40 AM »
How a middle linebacker can go through a game and not have one fucking tackle?????? :facepalm:

Easy.  Be Jake Holland.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2013, 09:47:48 AM »
You do remember that is one of the reasons that this place started right? 

Pile on....Fuck him and his diddy.  They don't want to hear it?  Get better and or don't go on message boards.
Eh...It's not so much about sparing him his feelings as it is, what do you really want him to do about it? Get more talented? Easier said than done.

The coaches on the other hand, can do something about it. Not play him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2013, 09:51:01 AM »
Eh...It's not so much about sparing him his feelings as it is, what do you really want him to do about it? Get more talented? Easier said than done.

Nah I get what you're saying....

Oh yea, fuck him and his diddy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2013, 09:51:16 AM »

Several years of worse than subpar LB recruiting have done this.  The current staff can only work with what they have this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2013, 09:55:27 AM »
Several years of worse than subpar LB recruiting have done this.  The current staff can only work with what they have this season.
What about the playa that loves the Chicks at fil-a?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2013, 10:08:32 AM »

He probably does great in practice, but under performs during games. He should concentrate on his studies and bow out like any respectable AU man (Kodi Burns). I'm telling you, the guy would be great on offense as a long snapper.
 :rolleyes:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2013, 10:11:10 AM »
How we are so fucking weak at one position escapes me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2013, 10:11:38 AM »
Coaching is an issue.  No question.  Josh Bynes started for the Ravens last night.  He could have been much more than he was I think. 

But... regardless of that? 

"Mah boy is tryin' his ding dang hardest, and folks criticizing him hurts his feelings..."

and

"They don't know what they're talking about"

Well screw both of them. 

Criticism comes with the territory.  His hair was stupid looking.   But other than that, the criticism is related directly to his play.  His play absolutely sucks.  It's not personal.  He's not doing the job.  I don't care if he's trying his best.  His best isn't good enough. 

And it's not just us criticizing him. 

We DO know what we're talking about.  My daughter loves Auburn just as much as anybody.  I don't want to see her at LB either, although I submit that in two quarters of play she could at least fall on a pile and get an assist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2013, 10:12:54 AM »
He probably does great in practice, but under performs during games. He should concentrate on his studies and bow out like any respectable AU man (Kodi Burns). I'm telling you, the guy would be great on offense as a long snapper.
 :rolleyes:
I say he needs some Cammy Cam juice and the perfect cheer..
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2013, 10:54:30 AM »

"Mah boy is tryin' his ding dang hardest, and folks criticizing him hurts his feelings..."

and

"They don't know what they're talking about"

Well screw both of them. 

Tell Mr. Holland there is a difference between failing and flailing. Oh wait...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2013, 11:26:01 AM »
Maybe a team filled with murderers is a good idea.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2013, 11:29:22 AM »
No but I would like for Spikes to come down and offer a two week crash course.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2013, 03:36:01 PM »
No but I would like for Spikes to come down and offer a two week crash course.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^    #winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2013, 07:52:21 PM »
Exactly...we gotta become some cold hearted killas on defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions