Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Mud

Mud
« on: August 22, 2013, 11:02:39 AM »
Solid movie.  Surprisingly great acting from Mcconaughey. 

Not sure it deserves the 98% rating it received on Rotten Tomatoes.  It's good like Remember the Titans was good.  Just a great story, good acting, nothing too outlandish, and a good message.  Good ending.  Best part of the movie is the setting.  You don't see the river country of the Ozarks very often. 

But not something I'd want to own or show my children in the future. 

Also, Witherspoon actually looked attractive in this movie.  She usually doesn't do much for me, but she pulls off the "small town, trailer trash hot girl" look rather well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Mud
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 04:13:53 PM »
Solid movie.  Surprisingly great acting from Mcconaughey. 

Not sure it deserves the 98% rating it received on Rotten Tomatoes.  It's good like Remember the Titans was good.  Just a great story, good acting, nothing too outlandish, and a good message.  Good ending.  Best part of the movie is the setting.  You don't see the river country of the Ozarks very often. 

But not something I'd want to own or show my children in the future. 

Also, Witherspoon actually looked attractive in this movie.  She usually doesn't do much for me, but she pulls off the "small town, trailer trash hot girl" look rather well.

There's a thread for this kind of thing. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 12:27:24 PM »
There's a thread for this kind of thing.

It says Kaos in the title.  I don't want you claiming my movie reviews as your property, White Devil. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 10:37:34 PM »
Agree with this assessment.

Refreshing to see legit southern accents as opposed to corny fake ones. McConaughey's one of the few A-lister's that naturally has the accent and can exaggerate it without sounding ridiculous. Witherspoon too.

The kids were impressive.

Jennifer Lawrence got a lot of praise and Oscar hype for Winter's Bone. I bring that movie up for comparison, because it took place in the Ozarks with a similarly dark, dismal theme. I thought Lawrence was great in Silver Linings Playbook, and I now like her in general, but I wasn't sold on her talent based on Winter's Bone. All that to say, thesenboysmimpressed me more as child actors.

Something about the movie seemed genuinely southern.

Good flick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions