Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

American Talent

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
American Talent
« on: August 21, 2013, 10:16:44 AM »
I got roped into watching the two hour version of America's Got Talent last night.  Don't ask why. 

I've never watched any of these shows.  American Idol, The Voice, X Factor, etc.  I just don't watch them.

And now I'm doubly glad I haven't.

This was the 12 acts they were cutting down to four for the semi finals.  America's Got Talent?  If this motley assortment of hacks is the standard, this country is completely devoid of anything that remotely approaches talent.

Two sets of contortionists, one a ten-year old girl.
A bunch of shadow dancers
A dud comedian
Two sets of little kid dance teams
A guy that lines up dominoes
A really terrible twosome of rapping smart mouth, zero talent girls
An awful fat mumble singer
A really flat and out of tune black girl country singer
Some kid who lined up dominoes
A dude who climbed an 80-foot pole.

Add in super judges Howard Stern, Howie Mandell, Black Spice and Skeletor Klum to gush over each of them, mix in Nick Cannon to awkwardly grimace and mug and that's your show of shows. 

Seriously?  This is the best "talent" out there?  Of course there's the caveat that they're supposed to win a "million dollar prize"  which is actually a 40-year annuity (25k a year pre-tax).  Guess the first call after "winning" this hog show is to J.G. Wentworth. 

Of all the acts on this parade of sadness, the only one that approached any reasonable level of talent whatsoever was the older of the two little kid dance teams. 

The "singers" were gut-wrenchingly bad.  I wish there was a neighbor to write anonymous notes about dismembering them for the offensive noise.

This show was shockingly bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.