Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ray Donovan

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Ray Donovan
« on: August 20, 2013, 04:05:51 PM »
Has anyone else been watching this?  It started off somewhat slow, but it's picking up.  It doesn't have as great of a storyline as Breaking Bad (yet), but it's pretty interesting.  Jon Voight's character cracks me up, but I think that his character is going to take a dark turn that's going to make things more interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Ray Donovan
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 10:11:14 PM »
Yes I have although I am behind by about 3 episodes.  So far I give it a  :thumsup: :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Token

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 11:09:22 PM »
Like the lead actor, but trying to power through first episode. Ive tried to watch it twice, but couldnt get into it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 11:19:42 PM »
Like the lead actor, but trying to power through first episode. Ive tried to watch it twice, but couldnt get into it.

It is very slow, I'll give you that.  It just recently picked up during the last couple of episodes.

There are a few story arcs that I feel like the writers just threw out there, but they didn't know where to take them or whether they would even be significant in the long run.  For instance, Ray's daughter has a shot at going to a fancy school.  Something happens (I won't give any spoilers, but it's really not that big of an incident), and her chances at going to that school are severely lowered.  That was about three episodes ago from the most recent one, but there has been no further mention of it and no significant fallout...at least not yet, anyhow.

Maybe they're going to tie everything together, but there seems to be a bit of wasted storytelling and overall slow-paced action.  However, I can say that it has picked up recently and that things are a little more serious now than they were early on.  I foresee some serious shit happening in the next couple of episodes that will involve Ray's dad, Ray, and the law...and a couple of other characters that have yet to be introduced if you're just on the first episode.

It's kept me interested enough to follow through with the first season.  Unless the season finale is a complete dud, I'll probably give the second season a chance to continue the upward trend.  It may be slow building, but it looks like it's going somewhere promising.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin