Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Rand Paul on The Daily Show

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Rand Paul on The Daily Show
« on: August 13, 2013, 09:34:06 AM »
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-12-2013/exclusive---rand-paul-extended-interview

Crushed it, IMO.

First of all, any conservative that has the balls to go on the Daily Show, Bill Maher, etc. automatically earns a certain percentage of my respect. More should, in my opinion. They shouldn't be afraid to match wits with those guys if they're confident in what they say.

MSNBC is pushing hard against Rand as an extremist right now, a sign that they're scared of him in a general election.

If I had to guess, he won over at least a good chunk of independents in this interview last night, and maybe even some burnout college kids on the left.

All that to say, good job Rand.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Rand Paul on The Daily Show
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 09:39:24 AM »
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-12-2013/exclusive---rand-paul-extended-interview

Crushed it, IMO.

First of all, any conservative that has the balls to go on the Daily Show, Bill Maher, etc. automatically earns a certain percentage of my respect. More should, in my opinion. They shouldn't be afraid to match wits with those guys if they're confident in what they say.

MSNBC is pushing hard against Rand as an extremist right now, a sign that they're scared of him in a general election.

If I had to guess, he won over at least a good chunk of independents in this interview last night, and maybe even some burnout college kids on the left.

It's rarely a matter of "matching wits" 

Those guys aren't interested in legitimate exchange for the most part.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 09:51:27 AM »
I saw a little "funny", "haha" that was made about Rand the other day.

"If Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Biden, Christie, McCain and Graham hate you.....You must be doing something right."

Truth.  I am a huge Rand Paul fan.  I am a huge fan of his father, besides his foreign policy and I am not totally against it either. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 09:52:46 AM »

Crushed it, IMO.

I'm getting sick of left and right. Many on both the left and right are on the same side of being wrong. Rand is libertarian which I like. Live and let live and just leave the people be. More and more people are waking up to this way of thinking. To let people control their own lives, not the federal govt. He is the only person out there who I think can make a difference as President in 2016. Both the left and right establishments are scared to death of him. Probably means he's the right one for the people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 10:03:14 AM »
I'm getting sick of left and right. Many on both the left and right are on the same side of being wrong. Rand is libertarian which I like. Live and let live and just leave the people be. More and more people are waking up to this way of thinking. To let people control their own lives, not the federal govt. He is the only person out there who I think can make a difference as President in 2016. Both the left and right establishments are scared to death of him. Probably means he's the right one for the people.

I don't think so. 

Saw something the other day which summed up our current direction completely.  There will eventually only be two classes:

1) The privileged which pay for the entire government and to which government caters and
2) The underclass which depends on government for sustenance. 

Both need government to survive but for different reasons. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 10:09:06 AM »
I don't think so. 

Saw something the other day which summed up our current direction completely.  There will eventually only be two classes:

1) The privileged which pay for the entire government and to which government caters and

I think it's about 55/45 to the Rand way of thinking. That 45% is just extremely vocal and visible. The 55% is starting to get more pissed. Remember, Obama barely got 50% of the vote. Many libertarians and people on the right stayed home due to Romneys lack of appeal. The way the country thinks and it's mindset can be fixed but it's gonna take a guy like Rand who can appeal to people of all affiliations to do so. Mainly that middle 10-20% independent crowd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 10:49:25 AM »
I don't think so. 

Aren't we already to that point?

Those that pay taxes and those that take checks?  How many in-betweeners are there?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 11:01:59 AM »
Aren't we already to that point?

Those that pay taxes and those that take checks?  How many in-betweeners are there?

Yes. And we are close to a tipping point on that ratio. Right now it's 53/47. Remember Romneys ill timed comment about it? Ill timed but correct. Once we get to 50/50 or worse, we are through.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE