Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Brick Through Your Window

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
A Brick Through Your Window
« on: August 12, 2013, 03:46:57 PM »
Damn dude.  They already hate you because you had the nads to say they didn't belong in the champeenship game after LSU won the regular season game and division title.  Now this????  Not a Brando fan at all but I hate to see a guy suffer a savage beating/tea-bagging/poisoning just for making a prediction.  It's coming.  from teh al. I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

CBS television personality and radio host Tim Brando has been known to draw ire from Alabama fans for his comments on the Crimson Tide in recent years but on the CBS Sports College Football Preview show on Sunday, Brando may have incurred a new level of wrath from Tide fans.

The commentator revealed his top 10 for the 2013 college football season and in addition to the somewhat surprising pick of Louisville to win the national championship, Brando ranked the consensus favorite Crimson Tide No. 7 in his poll.

His top 10 picks:

Louisville
THE Ohio State University
The Fighting Johnny Fucking Footballz
The Really Smart West Coast White Guys
U-Dawgs of Jawja
Climpsum
Mouth Breathers
Cowboys from Okie State
Phil Knight's Play Toy
Chokelahomo

Duck Brando.  Incomiiiinnnnnng
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: A Brick Through Your Window
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 03:54:13 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 03:54:41 PM »
He knows firing up the turds gets ratings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 05:30:17 PM »
He knows firing up the turds gets ratings.

Finebaum taught him well
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 09:35:52 PM »
His top 10 picks:

Louisville
THE Ohio State University
The Fighting Johnny Fucking Footballz
The Really Smart West Coast White Guys
U-Dawgs of Jawja
Climpsum
Mouth Breathers
Cowboys from Okie State
Phil Knight's Play Toy
Chokelahomo

Duck Brando.  Incomiiiinnnnnng

I've never heard of any of these teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 10:43:06 PM »
Fuck Brando...hard.

One of the worst national radio shows and a mediocre game broadcaster on his best fucking day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 11:04:49 PM »
Fuck Brando...hard.

One of the worst national radio shows and a mediocre game broadcaster on his best fucking day.

Agreed.

Why is he one of the main guys on CBS?  What has he ever done to warrant that job? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 05:36:24 AM »
Agreed.

Why is he one of the main guys on CBS?  What has he ever done to warrant that job?
Brando can mimic Keith Jackson's voice...it's top shelf!
Where have you been?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 09:41:15 AM »
Brando can mimic Keith Jackson's voice...it's top shelf!
Where have you been?

Whoa Nellie
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 09:41:57 AM »
Agreed.

wiki wiki below. First, I had the misfortune of having him doing 3 hours every morning on our local sports talk.  Worst host evah.  Spent all day talking about himself and his accomplishments...or shouting down and hanging up on any caller that dared disagree.  But....I think the guy is highly qualified to get that position.

In 1976 Brando did a stint as a DJ at radio station KROK FM in Shreveport, La. From 1981 to 1986, Brando was WAFB-TV Baton Rouge's assistant sports director and did telecasts of Louisiana State University basketball as well as women's basketball[1] on Tigervision. From 1986–94, he served as a studio host for SportsCenter, for ESPN's college football halftime show, and for the network's coverage of the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship.[2] In 1994, he provided play-by-play for TNT's coverage of the NBA Playoffs. Brando also called Atlanta Hawks and Atlanta Braves games for SportSouth and also auditioned for Wheel of Fortune during this period.

In 1996, Brando joined CBS Sports and began calling NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship games. Three years later, he added hosting duties on College Football Today,[3] which is the broadcast network home of SEC football. He has also provided play-by-play for the NFL on CBS. In addition to his CBS duties, Brando calls games for Raycom's coverage of the Atlantic Coast Conference basketball telecasts. Tim is in his eighth season of hosting Raycom's Emmy Award winning show- "Football Saturdays In The South."

Brando called the four games in Tampa, Florida, during the 2008 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament where for the first time ever, all four lower seeded teams won in the same venue on the same day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 10:03:16 AM »
Looking at that top ten, that brick needed to go towards his head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 10:14:46 AM »
Looking at that top ten, that brick needed to go towards his head.

Meh....usual suspects.  I think Louisville is overhyped based on their dismantling of a clearly overrated and unmotivated UF.  But they are pretty damn good and have a weak schedule so they could run the table.  I think Brando is probably in the 1% of media guys who believe that the Tahd will lose a couple of times this year.  I think that's quite possible myself because of pretty much a gutted O-line this year.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 04:36:13 PM »
Meh....usual suspects.  I think Louisville is overhyped based on their dismantling of a clearly overrated and unmotivated UF.  But they are pretty damn good and have a weak schedule so they could run the table.  I think Brando is probably in the 1% of media guys who believe that the Tahd will lose a couple of times this year.  I think that's quite possible myself because of pretty much a gutted O-line this year.
Plus, Louisville has Michael Dyer at RB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 04:44:43 PM »
Plus, Louisville has Michael Dyer at RB.

And when he's on the spice, look out.  He's a bad motha'..

Shutcho' mouth

I'm just talkin' bout Michael
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 11:21:31 AM »
And when he's on the spice, look out.  He's a bad motha'..

Shutcho' mouth

I'm just talkin' bout Michael
More is less.  :doh:

IMO, Dyer only strengthens Louisville's team being their current RBs are coming off of surgery. However, assuming they run the table, any possible NC hopes could be linked to Bridgewater's momentum as a finalist in NYC.
But with Dyer contributing considerably, the strength of schedule mantra (heard mainly from the talking heads) could actually weaken any chance for them in Pasadena fair or not.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 11:29:25 AM »
I'll be the only one on this bus, but if we can't go to the NC game I want anything and everything that adds hilarity to it to be involved. 

It would amuse me for Dyer to get another NC ring, particularly if said ring came at the expense of Saban and particularly if Dyer was the person who scored the winning TD. 

It would amuse me if Oregon got in and dismantled UA. 

It would amuse me if A&M lost to Bama, but won the rest and got in over the Tahd -- particularly if an unexpected and soul crushing loss to AU somehow figured in.

As for Dyer, the kid got messed up.  His own fault, true.  But there's a part of me that wonders if a stronger hand at the helm might have reined him in.  Chiz got wrapped up in pondering his own magnificence after Arizona. Lots of kids seemed to lose their compass Dyer was in with the wrong thugs.  I don't hold him harmless, but I don't have any animosity toward him either.  Hope he gets his crap straight and hate he couldn't have gotten there in AU. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 11:47:58 AM »
I'll be the only one on this bus, but if we can't go to the NC game I want anything and everything that adds hilarity to it to be involved. 

It would amuse me for Dyer to get another NC ring, particularly if said ring came at the expense of Saban and particularly if Dyer was the person who scored the winning TD. 

It would amuse me if A&M lost to Bama, but won the rest and got in over the Tahd -- particularly if an unexpected and soul crushing loss to AU somehow figured in.

As for Dyer, the kid got messed up.  His own fault, true.  But there's a part of me that wonders if a stronger hand at the helm might have reined him in.  Chiz got wrapped up in pondering his own magnificence after Arizona. Lots of kids seemed to lose their compass Dyer was in with the wrong thugs.  I don't hold him harmless, but I don't have any animosity toward him either.  Hope he gets his crap straight and hate he couldn't have gotten there in AU.
Don't forget Gus kicked him off of the Arkansas State team as well...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 11:54:02 AM »
I hope Michael Dyer gets a degree from Louisville and becomes a decent human being. I also hope he never plays another down of football. It's bad for him because it leads him into temptation.

I hope Oregon beats the living hell out of everyone they play and wins the ring. Of course the new coach will be given no credit for this, but that's Oregon's problem.

I hope every team in the SEC besides Auburn loses every fricking game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 12:00:12 PM »

Dyer made mistakes but he fucked up in a low keyed way. I'm not going to make excuses for him but spice was being sold legally in convenience stores and used by a great number of people that wouldn't have ordinarily purchased weed. As for his alleged involvement (his gun) in the commission of a crime, I really have no opinion because I know nothing of him other than his exploits on the field and nothing of his character as a person. I'm pulling for him.
Football is his ticket. Without it?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 12:16:52 PM »
Don't forget Gus kicked him off of the Arkansas State team as well...

Well, yeah.  Left AU had nobody to put a foot in his butt, wandered there with the same entitled attitude and didn't work out. 

That was too quick and he wasn't ready.  Sometimes you have to hit bottom before you can bounce. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.