Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sheridan, really?

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Sheridan, really?
« on: August 14, 2013, 03:24:35 PM »
Turn my car on. Radio was on sports. And finedong is on taking to Danny Sheridan. Jesus.

Before I threw up and turned it off I heard him bashing Urban Meyer. Bowling green fell off when he left. Utah did. Florida did. Makes him a bad coach.

How stupid is that logic? 

I'm no Meyer fanatic but if the program is mediocre when you get there good while you're there and falls off when you leave doesn't that mean you made it better?

Sad and sick these two punk clowns are back on the air.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Sheridan, really?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 03:31:29 PM »
Turn my car on. Radio was on sports. And finedong is on taking to Danny Sheridan. Jesus.

Before I threw up and turned it off I heard him bashing Urban Meyer. Bowling green fell off when he left. Utah did. Florida did. Makes him a bad coach.

How stupid is that logic? 

I'm no Meyer fanatic but if the program is mediocre when you get there good while you're there and falls off when you leave doesn't that mean you made it better?

Sad and sick these two punk clowns are back on the air.

Heard 5 minutes on the way back to work today.  PF is interviewing some reporter from Texas about Manziel.  Then he asks him what's the status of Mack Brown?  Is he really on the hot seat?  As soon as he asked the question, I just went :facepalm: wait for it......here it comes......brace yourself.....

So if Mack doesn't make it through the season, how big a possibility that Texas goes after Lord Saybinz? 

The FUCK.  He can't help himself.  He's madly in love with the man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 03:44:19 PM »
I don't get the station, not that I would listen if I did, but it begs to ask.

Why the fuck listen?  You know what's going to be done, you know he going to piss you off and yet you listen.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 03:55:42 PM »
I don't get the station, not that I would listen if I did, but it begs to ask.

Why the fuck listen?  You know what's going to be done, you know he going to piss you off and yet you listen.  :facepalm:

Train wreck and all that.  I'm quite sure I'll do about the same thing I did every day when he was on before.  In the morning up through 1:00 p.m., with the exception of a little ESPN Colin Cowherd, it's all local programming.  A little lame and one of the hosts is a former Bama beat writer, but for the most part, it's far more enjoyable than the national shows.  I get 5-10 minutes of PF usually on the way home from work.  I've had a running joke with myself for years where I'll guess how long it will take each day for him to say the name, Lord Saybinz.  I gave an over/under of 2 minutes today and thought I might get shut out with the discussion being the state of things in Texas.  It was closer to 4 minutes but damn'd if he didn't find a way to bring Lord Saybinz into it.  I cracked up and turned the station. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 03:58:59 PM »
What I don't understand is why is he based in Charlotte?  Who the fuck in North Carolina cares about SEC football with a focus on Alabama? 

I honestly did have some high hopes for him.  I thought he would go more national with his callers and guests.  I think his show format is the best in the business, and it's sad that he allows Sheridan, Jim from Tuscaloosa, and Tammy to ruin it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 04:01:02 PM »
What I don't understand is why is he based in Charlotte?  Who the fuck in North Carolina cares about SEC football with a focus on Alabama? 

I honestly did have some high hopes for him.  I thought he would go more national with his callers and guests.  I think his show format is the best in the business, and it's sad that he allows Sheridan, Jim from Tuscaloosa, and Tammy to run it.

Sounds like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Yoda

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 09:56:43 PM »

I honestly did have some high hopes for him.  I thought he would go more national with his callers and guests.  I think his show format is the best in the business, and it's sad that he allows Sheridan, Jim from Tuscaloosa, and Tammy to ruin it.

Answer:  SEC network headquarters will be out of Charlotte.  Next year his program will be aired on the network as well as radio.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 10:42:45 PM »
Answer:  SEC network headquarters will be out of Charlotte.  Next year his program will be aired on the network as well as radio.

Is that true?  SEC network will be based in Charlotte?

Makes me wonder if a North Carolina school is being looked at for expansion. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 12:05:49 AM »
I think his show format is the best in the business

Why, exactly?  I prefer a host driven, interview light, and caller empty show.

What is it about fbomb's format that makes it the best?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 12:44:37 AM »

What is it about fbomb's format that makes it the best?

I value the opinions of the host as much if it less than the average fan.  They're usually media dicks who think that because they can spell they can spout twenty minutes of uninformed drivel about sports.  Actually, I think this is why sports journalism is littered with cynics looking for scandals in tiny places.  The hosts and journalists don't know diddly about the game but they can paint you a soap opera.

I like interviews because they're usually with people who are involved with the game or have experience in the past.  Finebaum did well having Dye, Stallings, Oliver, Herbstreit, Howard, and various others on during the season. 

And then the callers don't have to do anything but talk.  Just bullshit about sports like I wish I could do when driving home but I doubt my friends want me calling them daily to wax philosophical about how Malzahn can turn the program around or what pieces Saban needs to replace to win another national championship.  The callers can and should provide that, and being a national show, one could really get a better understanding of what other fan bases are like and what kind of expectations they have for their program. 

But instead, we get Maury Pauvich.  We get to hear a trashy woman named Tammy say the same damn things about Auburn being the obvious team to beat every day despit Auburns record.  Oh yeah, Charles from Reeltown is the male version who used to say the same things as Tammy.  Then there's Jim from Ttown who is always angry because the callers don't recognize him as the greatest caller.  Then there's that Georgia fan who talked too damn fast but always made sure to impersonate the rock from WWF Monday Night Raw and would act like he was getting into fist fights with radio callers. 

Finebaum controls that.  He doesn't have to put those idiots on.  He could talk about anything and let the callers provide insight to the conversation even if its beyond football.  Look at the political talk shows.  You think Rush gives a fair amount of time to his callers?  Hannity?  I'd rather hear what the voters are saying about topics instead of one rich voter who has an agenda.  No different with sports hosts. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 08:13:03 AM »

Agree.  And Fbomb used to have a decent amount of interviews during the football season, and they were very good, though he, over the last few years took to dragging them down in the mud, and talking to many of them the way his callers would if he let them.  Even his interviews lost their luster.  Fboms appearances on ESPN had him becoming a caricature of the body of his callers, with him trying to shout down the other "experts" he was teamed with.  Callers very rarely provide any valuable insight at all, and usually it's very biased towards their own team, and the only thing worse is a Finebaum caller whose entire agenda for a call is to talk smack to/about another caller who is not even there to talk smack back.  It's "lowest common denominator" radio, and that's why it resonates with the bammer nation.  On the occasion he does let two rival callers banter back an forth, they're so stupid, it's sad.  (I will say this, the Phyllis vs BOB calls were often funny as hell, but "regular caller" line-up has really gone way down hill the last 15 years or so). 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions