Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Johnny Football Paid?????

Token

Re: Johnny Football Paid?????
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2013, 10:59:33 PM »
Yeah but that is just for superstars what about 2nd string OL?  What about the 1st string safety no one knows.  What about the Wyoming WR that has no market share because no one gives a fuck about football in Wyoming.

Fuck'em. If you aren't good enough then you don't get paid. That happens in life everyday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 11:32:40 PM »
Yeah but that is just for superstars what about 2nd string OL?  What about the 1st string safety no one knows.  What about the Wyoming WR that has no market share because no one gives a fuck about football in Wyoming.

That's my point. 

Who cares about the 2nd string o line?

We aren't paying football players.  It's no different than Johnny Manziel opening up a lemonade stand and making money because people want Johnny Lemonade.  Wyoming State Technical Institute doesn't have to do anything.  No one has to be fair.  It's about who is generating the cash and who isn't. 

Manziel jerseys sell.  Of course, I heard a good point on the Roundtable today with this subject.  Boosters will tell kids that they'll buy $100,000 worth of their jerseys and ship them to Africa. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2013, 10:02:00 AM »
That's my point. 

Who cares about the 2nd string o line?

You do when your 1st string OL gets hurt.  You can't pay some of the kids and not pay all of them.  All of those kids work their asses off to play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2013, 10:03:08 AM »
Back on subject Manziel reportedly took $7,500.

An East Coast autograph broker told ESPN on Tuesday that Johnny Manziel was paid $7,500 for signing approximately 300 mini- and full-sized helmets on Jan. 11-12 while he was attending the Walter Camp Football Foundation event.

The broker played two cell phone videos for ESPN showing Manziel signing white Texas A&M helmets and footballs laid out on a bed in a hotel room. The video does not show Manziel accepting any money.

The broker said the room was at The Omni in New Haven, Conn., during the Camp event. He said the signing took place at three different times on Jan. 11-12, totaling about an hour.

The broker and his partner originally requested money to release the videos for use on ESPN, which ESPN declined to pay. The broker did allow ESPN's Joe Schad to view the videos. Later, the broker said he had decided not to sell the videos.

rest of story here:
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9544137/broker-says-johnny-manziel-took-7500-autographing-helmets

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:12:06 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2013, 10:04:57 AM »
So I say where is da money?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2013, 10:12:39 AM »
So I say where is da money?

I'm gonna get me a backhoe and ...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2013, 10:13:34 AM »
I think we're going to see changes in the NCAA over the next few years.  That article I posted a few days ago about the BCS conferences starting to discuss a possible governing change is the beginning of it.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing players and schools being allowed to profit off of their advertising and merchandising.  Sure, it'd be an easy way to funnel money to various recruits and non-superstars, but perhaps put in some rules and regulations to curtail that.

What I mean is, why shouldn't Manziel be paid for his name on the back of an A&M jersey? It seems unAmerican to tell a 21 year old citizen that they aren't allowed to capitalize on their own success.

Does this mean Jake owes us money?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2013, 10:15:31 AM »
Does this mean Jake owes us money?

If so, it should be enough to buy Idaho.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2013, 10:45:57 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2013, 11:00:20 AM »
This is pretty damn funny that the National Communists Against Athletes started covering their ass.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/23040941/did-you-see-what-jay-bilas-did-to-the-shopncaasportscom-search-engine

Its like Chizad posts it yesterday at 5:03 and then you post it today.  You must have the ESPN's.

Whether or not he is guilty of getting money for signing shit (I don't think he is), this is pretty damning to the NCAA's case.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/8/6/4595220/ncaa-store-search-function-disabled-johnny-manziel
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2013, 11:08:53 AM »
Its like Chizad posts it yesterday at 5:03 and then you post it today.  You must have the ESPN's.

Well Chad is a lot larger twatter than I am.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2013, 11:30:01 AM »
Well Chad is a lot larger twatter than I am.

Don't sell yourself short, you're a huge twat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2013, 11:44:46 AM »
Don't sell yourself short, you're a huge twat.
Hustle...your best ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2013, 11:57:41 AM »
http://fansided.com/2013/08/07/autograph-broker-connected-to-johnny-manziel-has-signed-jadeveon-clowney-helmets-for-sale/

Autograph broker connected to Johnny Manziel has signed Jadeveon Clowney memorabilia
Share on Fancred

By Josh Sanchez - Aug 7th, 2013 at 10:21 am
Previous
Next

An interesting discovery has been made after looking in to the eBay listings of one of the autograph brokers connected to Johnny Manziel. The broker, who has his listings under the name “the_hub_collectibles“, has multiple items from a number of top college football stars.

There are currently 19 signed Manziel items listed under the account, but another star SEC player has the same amount of signed items listed. South Carolina’s Jadeveon Clowney has signed multiple helmets and footballs that are being sold by the broker.

Other athletes that have signed memorabilia appearing on the account are Teddy Bridgewater, TJ Yeldon, Amari Cooper, Ka’deem Carey, Braxton Miller, De’Anthony Thomas and Taylor Lewan.

While it is entirely possible that all of the players autographs were collected at various events and not mass signings like Manziel is accused of holding, but if these items continue to surface the NCAA could have a much bigger situation on their hands.

This is in no way evidence that Clowney could be in the same sticky situation as Manziel moving forward, but it is certainly an interesting bit of information to see how one autograph broker seems to have so many contacts and signed memorabilia from the biggest money makers in college ball. Something tells me this will catch the attention of the NCAA.

Does this mean that the NCAA is going to investigate Alabama, Arizona, Michigan, Oregon, USCeast, Louisville....etc...etc....etc?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2013, 12:00:45 PM »
Does this mean that the NCAA is going to investigate Alabama, Arizona, Michigan, Oregon, USCeast, Louisville....etc...etc....etc?

Yes....with one exception.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2013, 12:12:14 PM »
Alabama gave him a To whom it May Concern Cease and Desist Letter so they are covered.

The rest of the schools are looking at multiple years of penalties.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2013, 12:12:56 PM »
This might be the one time I thank my stars we don't have any players that anyone wants anything signed by. Let alone pay for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2013, 12:17:37 PM »
This might be the one time I thank my stars we don't have any players that anyone wants anything signed by. Let alone pay for it.

AWK has a signed jock strap from Trovon Reed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2013, 12:18:14 PM »
I just looked on Ebay and there are multiple listings for Bo Jackson signed items....we are fucked!

Hammer Coming!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum