Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Johnny Football Paid?????

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Johnny Football Paid?????
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 07:18:17 PM »
Don't wear that tinfoil too close to the power lines fellas
The rest of the cfb world told us the same thing in 2010.

Them aubs is 'spiracy theeeerists pawwwll

I don't know know whats so tin foil about seeing through ESPN and others' bullshit witch hunting and slander.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 07:20:51 PM »
All I have to say is, have fun with it Aggies. Lets see how mentally strong your football team is once the full court bammer press is on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 07:26:20 PM »
All I have to say is, have fun with it Aggies. Lets see how mentally strong your football team is once the full court bammer press is on.

MOTHERFUCKING WERD.

If Chizik gets credit for nothing else, we should nominate him for sainthood for the stewardship he showed during that witch hunt.  It helped that Cam wasn't a giant douche canoe, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 07:32:20 PM »
And it's joe schad and Selena dykerts leading the charge. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 08:58:47 PM »
And it's joe schad and Selena dykerts leading the charge.
Joe Schad is just a big a douche as Thayer Evans...he is such a pompous asshole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 09:08:33 PM »
This. And it should be a lot more entertaining to watch rather than lose sleep over it. Johnny's train wreck should also be entertaining.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 09:59:04 PM »
This. And it should be a lot more entertaining to watch rather than lose sleep over it. Johnny's train wreck should also be entertaining.

All the jackass aggies I know that gave me shit about Cam are awfully quiet this week. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2013, 10:13:39 PM »
All the jackass aggies I know that gave me shoot about Cam are awfully quiet this week.
I'm sure you'll hear that Johnny Foosball's troubles are just overblown hype.

This biggest difference (other than the dollars) that I see is that there is apparently evidence that suggests Johnny broke a rule while playing football for tamu. There was zero of that with Cam and AU that I know of. Yet, we endured an eternal investigation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2013, 10:38:40 PM »

MOTHERFUCKING WERD.

Hell hath frozen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2013, 11:55:37 PM »
I'm sure you'll hear that Johnny Foosball's troubles are just overblown hype.

This biggest difference (other than the dollars) that I see is that there is apparently evidence that suggests Johnny broke a rule while playing football for tamu. There was zero of that with Cam and AU that I know of. Yet, we endured an eternal investigation.
The only thing uat alum & fan John Phillips has is a bunch of pictures of Johnny Manziel signing memorabilia...that's it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2013, 09:10:55 AM »

Per the USA Today's Dan Wolken, Texas A&M has retained the Birmingham law firm of Lightfoot, Franklin & White on Manziel matter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2013, 09:19:34 AM »
Again, his dad makes some serious fuck you money.  Johnny isn't at a loss for anything monetarily related. It doesn't make sense, I still say BS!

:bod:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2013, 01:11:27 PM »
The only thing uat alum & fan John Phillips has is a bunch of pictures of Johnny Manziel signing memorabilia...that's it.
Not much in my book but still more than anyone had with Cam and AU and they searched our body cavities.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2013, 03:00:23 PM »
Looks like Jumbo may have been involved...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2013, 05:03:48 PM »
Whether or not he is guilty of getting money for signing shit (I don't think he is), this is pretty damning to the NCAA's case.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/8/6/4595220/ncaa-store-search-function-disabled-johnny-manziel
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2013, 05:11:38 PM »
I think we're going to see changes in the NCAA over the next few years.  That article I posted a few days ago about the BCS conferences starting to discuss a possible governing change is the beginning of it.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing players and schools being allowed to profit off of their advertising and merchandising.  Sure, it'd be an easy way to funnel money to various recruits and non-superstars, but perhaps put in some rules and regulations to curtail that.

What I mean is, why shouldn't Manziel be paid for his name on the back of an A&M jersey?  It seems unAmerican to tell a 21 year old citizen that they aren't allowed to capitalize on their own success. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2013, 09:34:50 PM »
What I mean is, why shouldn't Manziel be paid for his name on the back of an A&M jersey?  It seems unAmerican to tell a 21 year old citizen that they aren't allowed to capitalize on their own success.

Really?  Well somebody has to give up a piece of their pie in order for others to have a piece!

YOu mean un-American like that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 10:34:52 PM »
I think we're going to see changes in the NCAA over the next few years.  That article I posted a few days ago about the BCS conferences starting to discuss a possible governing change is the beginning of it.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing players and schools being allowed to profit off of their advertising and merchandising.  Sure, it'd be an easy way to funnel money to various recruits and non-superstars, but perhaps put in some rules and regulations to curtail that.

Again the problem with paying players is, you can't just pay football players.  So all NCAA athletes would need to be paid, from Johnny Manziel to Caroline Becker (Auburn Equestrian Team).  So how does a small school compete with that, they couldn't.  Also I know football makes a lot of money, but that money also goes back into programs that wouldn't otherwise have funding.

I'm not saying these guys don't deserve some kind of stipend, I just don't see how you could do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Token

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 10:40:21 PM »
Again the problem with paying players is, you can't just pay football players.  So all NCAA athletes would need to be paid, from Johnny Manziel to Caroline Becker (Auburn Equestrian Team).  So how does a small school compete with that, they couldn't.  Also I know football makes a lot of money, but that money also goes back into programs that wouldn't otherwise have funding.

I'm not saying these guys don't deserve some kind of stipend, I just don't see how you could do it.

Getting paid for an autograph hurts nobody. Getting paid for commercials is no cost to university. Getting paid by Nike to wear designer gloves is no cost.

Lots of ways for these guys to get paid without the university being out of a red cent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 10:44:11 PM »
Getting paid for an autograph hurts nobody. Getting paid for commercials is no cost to university. Getting paid by Nike to wear designer gloves is no cost.

Lots of ways for these guys to get paid without the university being out of a red cent.

Yeah but that is just for superstars what about 2nd string OL?  What about the 1st string safety no one knows.  What about the Wyoming WR that has no market share because no one gives a fuck about football in Wyoming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum