Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New Era

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: New Era
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2013, 03:22:17 PM »
Yep.

Thirded.

We can win 8 but anything more than 6 regular season wins is exceeding expectations for the first year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2013, 03:53:40 PM »

Gus appears to be excited...or its a bit nipply.  Did I say nipple.
You said nipple, but did you call the nipple?

lovelly
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2013, 08:50:31 PM »

Gus appears to be excited...or its a bit nipply.  Did I say nipple.

Hottest coach in CFB, folks.

Get that man a leather AU jacket, STAT!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2013, 10:33:05 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2013, 10:58:44 AM »
At around 3:45, he says Jake's working with the ones. 

He says Jake's working with the ones. 

Jake's working with the ones.

Jake's with the ones.

Jake's the ones.

Jake's ones.

Jake Holland. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2013, 11:05:21 AM »

Jake's with the ones.

Jake's the ones.

Jake's ones.

Jake Holland.

Then that means:

We're still shitty
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2013, 11:06:55 AM »

Jake's with the ones.

Jake's the ones.

Jake's ones.

Jake Holland.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2013, 11:11:37 AM »
Then that means:

We're still shitty

Nah, they'll be fine.  They told Jake when the first practice was...but he missed it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2013, 11:13:12 AM »
Then that means:

We're still shitty

It's a wake up call for sure.  He shouldn't be working with the ones.  Maybe if our future starter was a freshman.  Maybe.

But this is Kris Frost's third year as a college football player.  This is a new defense.  It simply cannot be that Jake knows the system.  It can't be that Jake's experience is giving him the job while Kris catches up.

But maybe it is.  Who knows.  Coach Johnson did say he expects things to change as practice gets more physical. 

Though this is a wake up call.  No matter how much we want to think that 2012 was a flukey "ball didn't bounce our way" "we had one really bad coordinator" season, it wasn't.  We were the worst team in the BCS.  Kris Frost wasn't held back by Coach Chizik.  He was held back because he's either too stupid or too lazy to get on the field.

But hopefully this will change.  Right?  Let's hope and pray it changes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2013, 11:14:55 AM »
But maybe it is.  Who knows.  Coach Johnson did say he expects things to change as practice gets more physical. 

WHEW!  Now I know it's ok. 

Jake has not been physical with anyone since he arrived on campus.  In fact with that stipulation he may get kicked off the team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2013, 12:59:40 PM »
Johnson singled out sophomore linebacker Kris Frost as having a good fall camp so far. He also said he’s seen improvement from Cassanova McKinzy and Anthony Swain. Senior Jake Holland is the only one getting work on the first-team at both Mike and Will. Swain has moved to Mike while LaDarius Owens has moved to Will.
“I feel like there’s a few guys that have an edge on other guys but it’s certainly too early to say that a player has not played his way into contention or doesn’t have a chance. We haven’t done enough at this point for me to tell you if a guy can play linebacker or not,” Johnson said.

I don't know if that means Holland will be starting or they are trying him at both positions to see what he can do.  Do you not see one's and two's swap in and out at other positions to get some reps?  Sounds like to me that Johnson hasn't made his mind up yet on who is going to start.  I don't read too much into a day 4 practice report on who will be starting.  Now, if he is with the one's several days in a row, I will worry, but a guy taking reps with the ones for the first time after four days doesn't bother me much. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2013, 01:07:25 PM »
I don't know if that means Holland will be starting or they are trying him at both positions to see what he can do.  Do you not see one's and two's swap in and out at other positions to get some reps?  Sounds like to me that Johnson hasn't made his mind up yet on who is going to start.  I don't read too much into a day 4 practice report on who will be starting.  Now, if he is with the one's several days in a row, I will worry, but a guy taking reps with the ones for the first time after four days doesn't bother me much.
Yeah, and we likely don't realize how much Jake has improved since last year either. I mean, it's possible. Isn't it? Shouldn't we at least give him the benefit of the doubt that he's started using massive quantities of steroids?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2013, 01:14:13 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2013, 01:18:54 PM »

True.  We have no idea what the coaches are thinking.  Maybe they're trying to keep the fire lit under Frost's ass to make sure he doesn't think, "Well Jake sucks so bad that the position is easily mine." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2013, 01:33:33 PM »
True.  We have no idea what the coaches are thinking.  Maybe they're trying to keep the fire lit under Frost's ass to make sure he doesn't think, "Well Jake sucks so bad that the position is easily mine."

But its most likely true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2013, 01:38:37 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I understand your concern.  When I first heard it I was concerned too, but after reading his comments I just think it's too early to tell what is going on right now.

Two junior college transfers, linebacker Kenny Flowers and safety Brandon King, have impressed Johnson but are still learning the defense.
“(Flowers) is doing pretty well. His issue right now is that he doesn't know our defense,” Johnson said. “Physically, he's in the right company. He belongs right where he is in the SEC. I think he's going to give us some good plays this year.
“...I'm very impressed with (King). He's a couple of weeks away. He hasn't learned the scheme because he wasn't here in the spring. I think that really put him behind. I think if he'd been here in the spring, he'd be pushing some guys, especially with our depth situation.”

Sounds like if Flowers learns the D, then he will be used a lot. Hopefully that happens sooner than later.  If Frost is the #1 Mike on the charts and Flowers can be the #1 Will then things should be better.  I will still give it a week or two before I jump off the ledge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2013, 02:47:28 PM »

What this guy said.

I'll worry when I see him listed as first string, and on the field doing the same shit as last year. We have no clue what the coaches are doing here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2013, 04:16:16 PM »
What this guy said.

I'll worry when I see him listed as first string, and on the field doing the same shit as last year. We have no clue what the coaches are doing here.
Also, while not likely, it's POSSIBLE that he got unfucked by this current staff. Possible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2013, 04:31:53 PM »
Also, while not likely, it's POSSIBLE that he got unfucked by this current staff. Possible.

He was a 4* recruit coming out of high school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2013, 04:48:42 PM »
He was a 4* recruit coming out of high school.

Well, we needed someone with

:starz:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."