Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Detroit Rock Shitty

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Detroit Rock Shitty
« on: July 24, 2013, 10:17:01 AM »
Haven't seen it mentioned, but as I'm sure you know, Detroit is bankrupt.

Not a single Republican held office in Detroit for the last two decades, and the Democrats they had were particularly corrupt and completely negligent in overspending their operative budget. Detroit is the textbook case of labor unions out of control, specifically in the public sector. Failed bailouts to the auto industry.

Detroit is pretty much the embodiment of failed liberal politics.

But of course, you wouldn't expect Democrats to take a look in the mirror and admit a flawed ideology? What caused this? Whitey and their unrelenting racism.

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/jobs-and-economy/2013/07/dont-let-bankruptcy-fool-you-detroits-not-dead/6261/

The reality is that Detroit's fiscal woes have been a long time in the making. They are the product of the city's history finally catching up. They reflect much more than a revenue shortfall, or even incompetent and at times corrupt city politics. They are the product of a half century or more of white flight, the outmigration of industry, deindustrialization, sprawl, and the huge racial and class division between the city and the suburbs, all of which have been well-chronicled.

Yes, White Flight. How that term, in and of itself, is not extremely racist is beyond me. Not reverse racist. Garden-variety anti-minority racist. The term itself implies that civilized societies cannot exist without whitey's supervision. That blacks and other minorities NEED white people in order to sustain an economy. With all the accusations of racism the left likes to throw around these days, how that's not at the top of the list, I'll never understand.

But even if you accept that incredibly racist premise...what caused the "white flight"? A sinister desire to keep the black man down? The ultra-progressives in that blue city just can't stand the sight of black people around them?

Or is it because of the outrageous crime rates? Racist to want to protect your family from getting stabbed, I guess. Or maybe it's that business is crumbling thanks to unreasonable labor unions run amok and there are increasingly few jobs to be held?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Detroit Rock Shitty
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 10:27:50 AM »
Good God Chad. Making me agree with you and shit.

Spot on.

Detroit is a sad story. Once such a great city. Old historic sports teams, rock n roll, auto industry, "Motown".  All gone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 10:54:33 AM »
Good God Chad. Making me agree with you and shit.

Spot on.

Detroit is a sad story. Once such a great city. Old historic sports teams, rock n roll, auto industry, "Motown".  All gone.

Whitie Flightie did it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 11:01:30 AM »
Detroit looks like a warzone. 

And "white flight" is one of the most racist concepts I've ever heard.  Giving a negative connotation to people moving their families to a better environment no matter the reason is patently anti-American.  We hear that shit in Birmingham too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Detroit Rock shootty
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 11:03:21 AM »
Haven't seen it mentioned, but as I'm sure you know, Detroit is bankrupt.

Not a single Republican held office in Detroit for the last two decades, and the Democrats they had were particularly corrupt and completely negligent in overspending their operative budget. Detroit is the textbook case of labor unions out of control, specifically in the public sector. Failed bailouts to the auto industry.

Detroit is pretty much the embodiment of failed liberal politics.

But of course, you wouldn't expect Democrats to take a look in the mirror and admit a flawed ideology? What caused this? Whitey and their unrelenting racism.

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/jobs-and-economy/2013/07/dont-let-bankruptcy-fool-you-detroits-not-dead/6261/

Yes, White Flight. How that term, in and of itself, is not extremely racist is beyond me. Not reverse racist. Garden-variety anti-minority racist. The term itself implies that civilized societies cannot exist without whitey's supervision. That blacks and other minorities NEED white people in order to sustain an economy. With all the accusations of racism the left likes to throw around these days, how that's not at the top of the list, I'll never understand.
And I don't see how you interpret white flight to mean what you speak of. I think that most understand it to simply mean that whitey hauled ass. Nothing more. I know I do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 11:07:33 AM »
And I don't see how you interpret white flight to mean what you speak of. I think that most understand it to simply mean that whitey hauled ass. Nothing more. I know I do.
P.S. how can reverse discrimination  exist? I think that's a made up liberal word. You either discriminate or you don't. And we all do to varying degrees, IMO. Even the greatest of us, like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and me.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:16:24 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 11:22:14 AM »
White flight has been prevalent in school systems as well.  Two that I'm familiar with are in Montgomery and here in Houston County.  The enrollments at schools in Montgomery like Trinity, St. James and Montgomery Academy really exploded years ago as parents were taking their kids out of the public school systems and putting them in private.  In Houston County, the private school enrollments have really climbed over the years but one public school in particular, Rehobeth, got a huge influx of white kids in a short period of time.  The sports programs went from 3A to 5A in a heartbeat. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 11:31:07 AM »
Damn whitey and his evil ways.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 11:39:23 AM »
If Whitey left, and that was the ensuing result then that should tell them something about what they see in the mirror.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 11:54:03 AM »
It's not my interpretation. It's in the tone of every opinion piece I've read about how white people abandoned the poor minorities to fend for themselves in Detroit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 12:00:49 PM »
Or is it because of the outrageous crime rates? Racist to want to protect your family from getting stabbed, I guess. Or maybe it's that business is crumbling thanks to unreasonable labor unions run amok and there are increasingly few jobs to be held?

We have a couple of neighbors from Detroit.  They both got out while the getting was good and finished up their careers at Delphi Saginaw in Decatur right before it shut down.  They are now retired and have no plans of ever going back.  They left for the reasons you stated and aren't going back for those reasons as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 12:12:51 PM »
We have a couple of neighbors from Detroit.  They both got out while the getting was good and finished up their careers at Delphi Saginaw in Decatur right before it shut down.  They are now retired and have no plans of ever going back.  They left for the reasons you stated and aren't going back for those reasons as well.
"White Flight", if anything, is a symptom. Not a cause.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 12:13:15 PM »
It's not my interpretation. It's in the tone of every opinion piece I've read about how white people abandoned the poor minorities to fend for themselves in Detroit.

So they are admitting whitey was holding the place up? And that they are incompetent without whitey? Not saying I endorse those statements but that sure sounds like what they are saying to me. Again, this should tell them something about themselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 12:15:33 PM »
White Flight.

I thought they were taking about a new airline.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 12:33:12 PM »
White Flight.

I thought they were taking about a new airline.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 12:38:31 PM »
"White Flight", if anything, is a symptom. Not a cause.

Totally agree.  The retired Marine Colonel that has a farm next to my parents farm used to be a school teacher in inner-city Detroit during the 67 race riots.  He got a knife pulled on him in the bathroom.  Went to the administrators office and told him that he quit.  If he had to fight combat, he was going to draw combat pay and know who his enemies were.  Walked out and joined the Corps that day. 

I still see and talk The Colonel from time to time.  I can't wait to tell him that he is part of the cause for Detroit being the way it is and see his reaction.  I will bring him a six pack when I do though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

dallaswareagle

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 01:24:51 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 03:24:35 PM »
Awesome Detroit! Glad you are more concerned about this than you are fixing your city.   :facepalm:

http://www.freep.com/article/20130723/NEWS01/307230095/

Detroit council supports calls for federal investigation of possible civil rights charges against George Zimmerman

10:05 PM, July 23, 2013   
By Joe Guillen
Detroit Free Press Staff Writer

The Detroit City Council on Tuesday unanimously passed a resolution calling for a federal investigation to see whether civil rights charges are warranted against George Zimmerman, who was acquitted July 13 of second-degree murder and manslaughter charges in the killing of Florida teen Trayvon Martin.

The resolution, sponsored by Councilwoman JoAnn Watson, sparked a discussion over the need for city leaders and others to focus more on violence in Detroit.

“We need to have that same level of outrage with respect to the black-on-black crime that takes place in our community,” Councilman Kenneth Cockrel Jr. said. “How many people were shot — maybe even shot and killed this past weekend in the city — mostly likely by folks who look just like them?”

Watson said there are many events held regularly to address violence in Detroit. “Because the so-called major media does not cover all of the expressions does not mean it does not happen,” she said. “So that’s not correct.”

Contact Joe Guillen: 313-222-6678 or jguillen@freepress.com.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 03:33:29 PM »
Awesome Detroit! Glad you are more concerned about this than you are fixing your city.   :facepalm:

The city council has no intentions of fixing their own problems. I hope the bankruptcy judge brings a large can of whoopass and nukes the whole place. Of course our federal govt is talking about helping them and soon as one federal dollar goes in there watch how many other cities file.  :facepalm:   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 03:34:32 PM »

Unbelievable...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions