Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Man of Steel (Spoilers)

Man of Steel (Spoilers)
« on: June 29, 2013, 06:32:22 PM »
Just got out of Man of Steel.  Awesome superhero flick.

Few thoughts:

- Almost too intense.  By the time Superman and Zod fought, I was ready for a reprieve.

- How many civilians died because Superman was throwing bad guys through buildings? 

- Lois Lane sucks.  In fact, every girl-on-the-side in superhero movies sucks.  I'm glad Nolan played up the Bruce Wayne playboy angle in the Batman movies.  That's the way it should be.  Slayin' bombshells while slayin' the bad guys. 

- Speaking of Lois Lane, she was the definition of Overly Attached Girlfriend.  She just happened to always be where Superman was.  Fly Zod across the city and slam him inside of a museum which is so far away from the original action that people are still walking around taking pictures?  Nope.  Shit.  She's there too. 

- The finale of Zod and Superman was a bit lame.  I never once got the notion that Superman was like Batman in that he wanted to only subdue the bad guys and not kill them.  Snapping Zod's neck was an easy out which could have happened well before.  Also, Zod was bred to be a warrior and he had Superman-like powers.  The entire fight scene depicted Superman as being way outmatched until the neck got snapped, which Lois Lane saw because of fucking course she was right there.

- There should be an interlude movie for all superhero movies showing just how the hell these cities get put back together.  At the end of The Avengers, they show all these people celebrating and some kid retelling everything he saw.  Buildings collapsed.  Gigantic space alien monster ships were leveling everything.  Thousands of people had to have died!  But no one's mourning at all. Where's the rebuilding?  Or Star Trek where a fucking space ship slams into a city.  That had to have killed a few hundred thousand people and they jumped right to the award ceremony talking about how great everyone on the Enterprise was. 

- All in all great movie.  Definitely looking forward to a sequel. 

« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 07:58:20 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Man of Steel (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 11:21:48 AM »
Spoiler alert...wear ear plugs. 2hrs of the 2 1/2hr movie is all about crashing shit, blowing shit up, tearing shit down, throwing shit threw building after building, sky scrapers falling, etc, etc, etc. and some people think that because it's being played in surround sound that you should blare that mutha fucka as loud as the speakers will go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 11:23:13 AM »
Spoiler alert...wear ear plugs. 2hrs of the 2 1/2hr movie is all about crashing shit, blowing shit up, tearing shit down, throwing shit threw building after building, sky scrapers falling, etc, etc, etc. and some people think that because it's being played in surround sound and you should blare that mutha fucka as loud as the speakers will go.

Damn it, man.  You ruined it for everyone.  Now I'm really serious about not going.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 11:49:10 AM »
Spoiler alert...wear ear plugs. 2hrs of the 2 1/2hr movie is all about crashing shit, blowing shit up, tearing shit down, throwing shit threw building after building, sky scrapers falling, etc, etc, etc. and some people think that because it's being played in surround sound that you should blare that mutha fucka as loud as the speakers will go.

Agreed.

I saw it at the Imax in Hoover, and it was way too fucking loud.  Call me an old man, but when a punch sounds like a car crash, that's too much. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 11:19:14 AM »
Watched it last night, while not as bad as I was expecting.

That plot had more fucking holes then Bonnie and Clyde
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 02:07:15 AM »
That movies was such shit. I laughed almost all my ass off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.