Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jim Carey

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Jim Carey
« on: June 25, 2013, 09:40:28 AM »
The good news:
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/dumb-and-dumber-to-jim-carrey-jeff-daniels-returning-for-painfully-funny-sequel-2013216
Dumb and Dumber To: Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels Returning for "Painfully Funny" Sequel
Entertainment June 21, 2013 AT 11:00AM By Nicole Eggenberger

Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are returning for the Dumb and Dumber sequel, Dumb and Dumber To, and Daniels calls the script "painfully funny."   Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are returning for the Dumb and Dumber sequel, Dumb and Dumber To, and Daniels calls the script "painfully funny." Credit: New Line Cinema/Getty

It's really official! Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are teaming back up to reprise their roles as not-so-sharp best friends, Lloyd and Harry, for the Dumb and Dumber sequel, titled Dumb and Dumber To.

After a lot of back and forth and false hopes, Daniels confirmed to The Associated Press on Wednesday, June 19, that the follow-up to the hilarious 1994 film is in the works -- thanks to Carrey finally agreeing to sign on with directors Peter and Bobby Farrelly.

"Jim has been against all sequels, and you know, understandably so," Daniels, 58, explained. "But he turned 50 and that will mellow you out, and suddenly he's going, 'Let's have some fun. ... Come on,' and we're going, 'Great,' and so the Farrellys said, 'This isn't a money grab. Let's really write a great second movie that takes the original and then blows it up even further, and so I think they did that."

Universal Pictures also confirmed the sequel after picking up the domestic distribution rights from Warner Bros. "We had a lot of 'no' for two years and finally 'yes,'" Daniels explained. "It's comin' around, and I think it's got a chance to be I hope better than the first one."

In fact, Daniels called the script "painfully funny."

"We're middle-aged and still that stupid. Our IQ has not gone up one point combined," he shared. "So it's a frightening thing. You're gonna see the two of us standing there trying to put thoughts together and you want to put underneath, 'Kids don't do this at home.' It's that stupid."

The bad news: He's losing his mind and is neck & neck with Pierce Morgan as the face of the irrational anti-second amendment crowd. The latest:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/25/kick-ass-creator-fires-back-at-jim-carrey#
'Kick-Ass' creator fires back at Jim Carrey

The creator of the Kick-Ass movie franchise has hit back at Jim Carrey after the actor publicly withdrew his support for the film over its depiction of violence.

The Dumb & Dumber star announced on Sunday he had experienced a change of heart about his upcoming release Kick-Ass 2, following the gun massacre at Connecticut's Sandy Hook Elementary School last December.

He tweeted, "I did Kickass a month b4 (before) Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence. My apologies to others involve with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart."

Mark Millar, who wrote the Kick-Ass comic books and is a producer on the films, admits he is "baffled" by Carrey's statement as he insists the star knew all about the script's gory content when he signed up for the role.

Millar also reveals Carrey was drawn to playing Colonel Stars and Stripes as the character is a vigilante who refuses to use a gun.

In a post on his website, Millar writes, "I'm baffled by this sudden announcement as nothing seen in this picture wasn't in the screenplay eighteen months ago. Yes, the body-count is very high, but a movie called Kick-Ass 2 really has to do what it says on the tin...

"Ironically, Jim's character in Kick-Ass 2 is a born-again Christian and the big deal we made of the fact that he refuses to fire a gun is something he told us attracted him to the role in the first place. Ultimately, this is his decision, but I've never quite bought the notion that violence in fiction leads to violence in real-life any more than Harry Potter casting a spell creates more Boy Wizards in real-life."

The forthcoming sequel, a follow-up to Matthew Vaughn's 2010 hit, stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Chloe Grace Moretz as youngsters who team up to fight bullies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Jim Carey
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 09:45:05 AM »
REALLY? You refer to Dumb and Dumber2 as "good news"?

My 8 year old (at the time) laughed his ass off. The rest of us merely chuckled.

A second version of that would not even elicit a chuckle. Some things are best left at 1.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 09:45:15 AM »
My simple question is, who in the fuck thought Kick Ass was good enough to warrant a sequel?  I mean by all rights Kick Ass 2 could break the mold of sequels not being as good as the first one simply because the first one was SO bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 09:48:00 AM »
REALLY? You refer to Dumb and Dumber2 as "good news"?

My 8 year old (at the time) laughed his ass off. The rest of us merely chuckled.

A second version of that would not even elicit a chuckle. Some things are best left at 1.
You've never been more wrong, which is saying a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 09:50:15 AM »
You've never been more wrong, which is saying a lot.

Yeah. I'm sure as soon as it comes out, it will set new records. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 10:04:03 AM »
The sequel could very well be a pile of shit. I'm not prognosticating on that.

The original is a comedy classic in every sense of the word.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 10:22:26 AM »
Morgan is British. Carey is Canadian. Fuck them both. They get no opinion in the matter. Maybe just maybe, it would make more sense for them to just take their asses back where they are from. You know, where there is no second amendment. Just like they like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 10:32:21 AM »
The worse news...this thread
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 10:34:37 AM »
Morgan is British. Carey is Canadian. fudge them both. They get no opinion in the matter. Maybe just maybe, it would make more sense for them to just take their asses back where they are from. You know, where there is no second amendment. Just like they like it.
At least Carey makes me laugh when doing his shtick, so he has some use. Queers Morgan is just a big penis with ears.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 10:37:27 AM »
The sequel could very well be a pile of shit. I'm not prognosticating on that.

I never said I didn't laugh at the original. What I did do is state a second version is not "good news".

Carey was creatively funny in the early years. But he just did not seem to grow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 10:38:03 AM »
Carrey
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 10:39:23 AM »
Carrey

As if. See, he is already forgotten....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 10:42:13 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 06:06:40 PM »
The sequel could very well be a pile of shoot. I'm not prognosticating on that.

Well you'd be correct the sense of the word "comedy."   When you look up "comedy" this is what you find:

Professional entertainment consisting of jokes and satirical sketches, intended to make an audience laugh.
A movie, play, or broadcast program intended to make an audience laugh.

The key word there is "intended."   By that definition, Dumb and Dumber may qualify as "comedy" It was "intended" to make you laugh.  If you restrict that definition to include only those things that ARE funny, Dumb and Dumber falls well outside the bounds.  It was NOT funny.  Unless you are the aforementioned eight year old still obsessed with the words doo-doo and fart, that is. 

Since Carey was paid for his performance in that film, the word professional in the defintion also applies.  But entertainment does not. 

Dumb and Dumber was  :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 06:07:33 PM »
My simple question is, who in the fudge thought Kick Ass was good enough to warrant a sequel?  I mean by all rights Kick Ass 2 could break the mold of sequels not being as good as the first one simply because the first one was SO bad.

Kick Ass was better than Dumb and Dumber.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 08:44:45 PM »
Kick Ass was better than Dumb and Dumber.

just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 10:51:56 PM »
I liked Kick Ass and Dumb & Dumber, but to say Kick Ass was better than Dumb & Dumber is completely wrong. Especially when Dumb & Dumber is ranked among the elite comedies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Token

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 11:39:23 PM »
I don't know how some of you make it through the first 20 seconds of each day without eating a fucking bullet.

Jesus
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 02:04:14 AM »
I don't know how some of you make it through the first 20 seconds of each day without eating a fucking bullet.

Jesus
Easy, I don't own any bullets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 06:15:39 AM »
I liked Kick Ass and Dumb & Dumber, but to say Kick Ass was better than Dumb & Dumber is completely wrong. Especially when Dumb & Dumber is ranked among the elite comedies.

By whom?

It's not funny.

I'd rather watch a four-day Kick Ass marathon than five minutes of Dumb and Dumber unless those five minutes were all still shots of Lauren Holley by herself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions