Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn High's Evans

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Auburn High's Evans
« on: June 24, 2013, 03:01:26 PM »
This kids grandmother was my typing teacher in H.S., so that means he will likely sign with Auburn.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/06/could_auburn_high_star_rashaan.html
Could Auburn High star Rashaan Evans be leaning toward leaving the state?
Auburn High School linebacker Rashaan Evans is rated among the top outside linebacker prospects in the nation. (Photo courtesy of 247Sports)

Print
 By Matt Scalici | mscalici@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on June 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM, updated June 24, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Auburn High School linebacker Rashaan Evans surprised many fans and analysts last week when he released a list of his current top five schools. The list, in order from 1 to 5, reads Georgia, UCLA, Tennessee, Florida State and Auburn leading many to question why the hometown Tigers are no longer the presumed favorite for the four-star defender.

"We definitely heard a lot of negativity about the list," said Evans' father, Alan. "We tried to stress to people that this is a rough draft. This is where things stand right now and it could change at any moment. I wouldn't count Auburn or Alabama out of it."

Rashaan, who is rated the No. 6 player on AL.com's A-List, is currently preparing for a trip to Oregon next week where he will participate in Nike's elite prospect camp The Opening before visiting the University of Oregon campus.

"Rashaan has been working out and practicing just like he's preparing for a real game," Alan said. "He's excited about going out and competing against the best of the best. He doesn't get a chance to go up against players who are considered better than him very often and he knows it's a great chance to learn and become a better player."

The Evans family's trip to the West Coast next week won't be their last, with Rashaan still planning to take a trip to Los Angeles later this summer to visit one of his current favorites, UCLA.

"I think Rashaan is very interested to see how different things are out there," Alan said. "It's a place where there's a lot going on and not everything in the whole town revolves around football. He may get there and fall in love with it. He may also get there and realize he doesn't want to deal with all that traffic. Either way, I think he's going to learn a lot on that trip."

Alan also said he believes his son is intrigued by the idea of moving to a different atmosphere after spending his entire life in Auburn.

"I remember when I was recruited to Auburn out of Enterprise High School. I couldn't wait to get out of Enterprise. It was something new and it was a chance for me to become my own person in a different environment. I think that's probably something that holds some appeal for Rashaan."

The four-star linebacker still plans on making a decision sometime during his senior season this fall, but like his top five list, Alan said that could change.

"His plan is still to have a decision sometime this fall but he's not ruling anything out. If he visits a school and feels like he's ready to commit, I don't think we'd try to stop him. This is Rashaan's decision and we're just hear to give him guidance and help him get the information he needs. He knows this decision will affect the rest of his life and he's the only person that can make it."

Follow along with Evans and the rest of the Alabama and Auburn recruits at The Opening next week with live coverage of the event on AL.com.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Auburn High's Evans
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 03:48:29 PM »
Pfft. Look who the writer is. No surprise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 03:53:07 PM »
Pfft. Look who the writer is. No surprise.
Yeah. I thought that till I read what Alan said about him wanting to get out of Enterprise when he was a kid. Sounds like he's looking to spread his wings. I would love to have the kid and truly wish him the best either way. As long as a recruit doesn't play us (i.e. Foster, Yeldon, etc.) I can wish him the best of luck. Evans isn't playing us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 04:54:30 PM »
Yeah. I thought that till I read what Alan said about him wanting to get out of Enterprise when he was a kid. Sounds like he's looking to spread his wings. I would love to have the kid and truly wish him the best either way. As long as a recruit doesn't play us (i.e. Foster, Yeldon, etc.) I can wish him the best of luck. Evans isn't playing us.

My point is that you can leave it to Scalici to write this article. Who doesn't give a rip about where the kid goes except that he is not going to Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 05:07:50 PM »
My point is that you can leave it to Scalici to write this article. Who doesn't give a rip about where the kid goes except that he is not going to Auburn.
True. I still think we have a good shot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 08:48:52 PM »

As long as he doesn't leave the state as he's taken to a rec safe house
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 10:14:00 PM »
uat bound.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs