Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 03:32:07 PM »
Fuck Him!  He wants to act like a big man and whip up on a woman, there should've never been a fucking plea deal for him.  Fuck our court system and all these fucking plea's to help guilty motherfuckers avoid serving any real time.

That's an entire different issue in and of itself, and generally speaking, I'd have to agree with you.

But if the court has a system set up where plea deals can be arranged, I don't think something as small and as (apparently) unintentional as this should cause that plea deal to be revoked.  Again, especially not when the judge's repeated reason for revoking the plea deal is because of the reactions of other people in the courtroom.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 03:41:13 PM »
If domestic relations court is so somber and serious that nothing should distract from the severity of the crimes being adjudicated, then the judge should not congratulate an attorney for doing a great job in the midst of explaining the plea deal to the defendant.  And the bailiffs should definitely not laugh at things that occur in the courtroom.

It was my impression that this was more "Your attorney did a damn good job..." with a hefty dose of  :sarcasm:.  More like "You better appreciate what this mofo did for you, because this is a better deal than you deserve".   His only response should have been a sincere "Yes ma'am." The thank you could have even waited until he was outside the court room.  And when he acted the clown, she lowered the boom.

That's his problem - he NEVER thinks.  Betcha he thinks a little harder next time before he does something stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 03:49:42 PM »
It was my impression that this was more "Your attorney did a damn good job..." with a hefty dose of  :sarcasm:.  More like "You better appreciate what this mofo did for you, because this is a better deal than you deserve".   His only response should have been a sincere "Yes ma'am." The thank you could have even waited until he was outside the court room.  And when he acted the clown, she lowered the boom.

That's his problem - he NEVER thinks.  Betcha he thinks a little harder next time before he does something stupid.

While I agree he is an asshole and it was most def in bad taste, I can't rightly say she wasn't being in just as bad taste as him for saying what she did.

She makes a smartassed remark about his attorney to him. He quips to his atty and slaps him on the ass in response. One is ok and one is not. Sounds like she is a "do as I say not as I do" type. His joke got laughs. Hers didn't. She got embarrassed. And used her power and position as a judge to teach him a lesson. I think it's that simple.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2013, 04:01:45 PM »
I didn't get all the details of the crime.  Did Ocho have to tell a bitch more than once?

Well...she did have 2 black eyes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2013, 04:03:05 PM »
While I agree he is an asshole and it was most def in bad taste, I can't rightly say she wasn't being in just as bad taste as him for saying what she did.

She makes a smartassed remark about his attorney to him. He quips to his atty and slaps him on the ass in response. One is ok and one is not. Sounds like she is a "do as I say not as I do" type. His joke got laughs. Hers didn't. She got embarrassed. And used her power and position as a judge to teach him a lesson. I think it's that simple.

I sometimes lower the boom on my kids for a simple thing because they have frayed my last fucking nerve fifty other times all damn day.

So I have no problem with it.  Judges get to make jokes.  Women beating motherfuckers do not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2013, 04:07:17 PM »
Where is this place that it's unlawful to slap a ho?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2013, 04:15:28 PM »
Where is this place that it's unlawful to slap a ho?

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! Sometimes the honking horns of your traffic make me want to get out of my BMW.. and run off into the hills, or wherever.. Sometimes when I get a message on my fax machine, I wonder: "Did little demons get inside and type it?" I don't know! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. But there is one thing I do know - when a man like my client slips and falls on a sidewalk in front of a public library, then he is entitled to no less than two million in compensatory damages, and two million in punitive damages. Thank you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Vandy Vol

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2013, 04:45:24 PM »
It was my impression that this was more "Your attorney did a damn good job..." with a hefty dose of  :sarcasm:.  More like "You better appreciate what this mofo did for you, because this is a better deal than you deserve".

Here's my problem with that explanation:

She's the judge.  She's the one giving the deal.  If he didn't deserve it, then why was she initially going to agree with it?

Basically, what I'm getting at is that Ochocinco's attorney did not take advantage of a statute that forced the court's hand to accept the plea deal.  The prosecution and defense agreed to the terms, and she was going to sign them.  I don't see why she would feel the need to make a sarcastic remark about how he doesn't deserve this deal that someone else got him when she's the one who actually gives it to him.  She's the judge of what he deserves.

If she didn't think he deserved the deal in the first place, then she should have never given it to him, as opposed to using the courtroom's reaction as an excuse to blow up on him and completely revoke the deal that she was about to approve.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2013, 05:06:43 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! Sometimes the honking horns of your traffic make me want to get out of my BMW.. and run off into the hills, or wherever.. Sometimes when I get a message on my fax machine, I wonder: "Did little demons get inside and type it?" I don't know! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. But there is one thing I do know - when a man like my client slips and falls on a sidewalk in front of a public library, then he is entitled to no less than two million in compensatory damages, and two million in punitive damages. Thank you.

Sometimes when I see a solar eclipse, much like the one I saw in Hawaii last year, I think Oh No is the moon eating the sun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 05:16:01 PM »
Sometimes when I see a solar eclipse, much like the one I saw in Hawaii last year, I think Oh No is the moon eating the sun.

But you don't understand, I need this drink. I'm a caveman and I'm frightened by your strange flying machine, so get me another Dewars and water pronto. Listen, I'll sue you and your WHOLE CRUMMY AIRLINE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2013, 12:36:21 AM »
Here's my problem with that explanation:

She's the judge.  She's the one giving the deal.  If he didn't deserve it, then why was she initially going to agree with it?

Basically, what I'm getting at is that Ochocinco's attorney did not take advantage of a statute that forced the court's hand to accept the plea deal.  The prosecution and defense agreed to the terms, and she was going to sign them.  I don't see why she would feel the need to make a sarcastic remark about how he doesn't deserve this deal that someone else got him when she's the one who actually gives it to him.  She's the judge of what he deserves.

If she didn't think he deserved the deal in the first place, then she should have never given it to him, as opposed to using the courtroom's reaction as an excuse to blow up on him and completely revoke the deal that she was about to approve.

Not trying to poke the bee's nest with a stick, but don't judges usually rely on the prosecutors to make the deal, and then just formalize it after they make sure the defendant understands the terms, and that both parties accept it?  My CEO doesn't negotiate every contract personally - he trusts me to do my job and make the best deal I can for the company.  I brief him on the terms and he signs it.  The judge isn't going to undo what the prosecutor did without cause, and Ocho gave her cause.  Because he is a dumbass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2013, 08:45:55 AM »
I'm sure this is a great discussion and all of you have valid points, but I'm not going to read any of it because I'm so offended by the sexist tone of the thread title. 

Why do you have to bring gender into it?  Why can't it just be a judge scorned? By making it about a female you degrade your position.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 09:07:20 AM »
I'm sure this is a great discussion and all of you have valid points, but I'm not going to read any of it because I'm so offended by the sexist tone of the thread title. 

Why do you have to bring gender into it?  Why can't it just be a judge scorned? By making it about a female you degrade your position.

^^^This X1000
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2013, 09:50:47 AM »

:classic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Vandy Vol

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2013, 06:01:07 PM »
Not trying to poke the bee's nest with a stick, but don't judges usually rely on the prosecutors to make the deal, and then just formalize it after they make sure the defendant understands the terms, and that both parties accept it?

Generally, yes.  The prosecution and defense negotiate the deal, and if they come to an agreement, then the judge will just explain the terms of the deal and sign the paperwork.

But it doesn't change the fact that the judge is the one who has to sign the paperwork and approve it.  This is pretty evident by the fact that the judge in this case decided not to sign a deal that was mutually agreed upon by both parties.

The judge isn't going to undo what the prosecutor did without cause, and Ocho gave her cause.  Because he is a dumbass.

If the judge doesn't believe he is deserving of the deal from the get-go as you suggested, then she doesn't have to wait until the defendant does something stupid in court.  She can just deny the deal and say, "I understand the prosecution and defense mutually agreed to this deal, but the court can not grant extended probation with these terms due to the nature of Mr. Ochocinco's offenses."  Again, the judge has to sign it for the deal to be in effect.  No deal comes into effect just because the prosecution and defense mutually agreed to the terms.

IMO, she overreacted.  I can't get in Ochocinco's mind, but his visible mannerisms never suggested that he didn't take anything seriously.  The ass pat was not exaggerated, comically or otherwise, and is a pretty natural reaction from a guy who's played sports for decades.

Aside from that, my biggest issue is that she repeatedly referred to the court's reaction as being the problem.  That is something that he can not control, and from what I can tell about his mannerisms, that is something that he did not intend.  Again, just my opinion based on the way he conducted himself before, during, and after the ass pat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2013, 11:05:05 PM »
Here is the bigger question, can a man not pat his lawyer on the ass?

Is it now illegal to pat your friend on the ass?

Will every sport put in new rules for anti-ass-slapping?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2013, 04:38:02 PM »
She cuts him a break - and more details come out.  He had disrespected and made light of things throughout this whole process - judge finally had had enough, and I cannot say I blame her. 

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- A contrite Chad Johnson apologized Monday for disrespecting a judge when the former NFL star slapped his attorney on the backside in court last week, and his immediate release from jail was ordered.

Broward County Circuit Judge Kathleen McHugh accepted Johnson's apology and cut his 30-day jail term for a probation violation to the seven days he has already served since the rear-swatting incident. Johnson, a flamboyant wide receiver formerly known as Chad Ochocinco, said in court that he'd had time to think about why his flippant attitude was wrong -- especially in a domestic violence case.

"I just wanted to apologize for disrespecting the court last time," said Johnson, wearing a tan jail jumpsuit with his hands shackled at the waist. "I apologize. I did have time to reflect on the mistakes I made in this courtroom."

McHugh noted that in a previous hearing Johnson had put his arm around a female prosecutor's shoulders, prompting the prosecutor to tell him twice not to touch her. The judge also pointed out that when Johnson head-butted his then-wife, Evelyn Lozada of the reality TV show "Basketball Wives," she suffered a 3-inch gash on her head that required eight stitches. The judge called those injuries horrific.

McHugh also said Johnson failed to appreciate "the gift of probation" after pleading no contest to battery in the altercation last August with Lozada, which prompted her to quickly file for divorce. Johnson, 35, was in court because he had failed to meet with his probation officer for three straight months.

"I find that's an arrogant disregard for a court order," the judge said.

McHugh ordered Johnson to perform 25 hours of community service and attend domestic violence counseling sessions twice a week during probation, and she extended his probation an extra three months through mid-October.

The attorney who had his backside slapped, Adam Swickle, said Johnson will fully comply with all probation conditions and hopes to resurrect his NFL career. The six-time Pro Bowler was cut by the Miami Dolphins after his arrest for battery; he played most of his 11 seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals followed by one year with the New England Patriots.

"He understands that this is the kind of situation that can derail a person's career," Swickle said. "We're very confident he will do what he should do."

Terrell Owens visited Johnson in jail on Saturday and tweeted that his former teammate was in "good spirits."

"I really didn't know what to expect but to see the homie locked up is a very humbling experience, to talk to him via vid conference let me know that's not where anyone wants to be," Owens wrote. "I know he's only in the county jail but to someone that has never been locked up...Jail is Jail!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions