Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Another Coach Bites the Dust

Re: Another Coach Bites the Dust
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 11:33:46 AM »
None of the above.  I think we should go after Lou Brown, Mike Leak, or Morris Buttermaker.  If we can't get one of those three then shut the fucking program down.

Let me get back to you, will ya, Charlie Jay? I got a guy on the other line asking about some white walls.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 01:02:40 PM »
Spud Webb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 04:29:59 PM »
Paige Smith
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 09:40:07 PM »
Channing Tatum

Kevin Costner
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 09:47:39 PM »
Bill Braski  :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 12:27:23 PM »
Let me get back to you, will ya, Charlie Jay? I got a guy on the other line asking about some white walls.

You may run like Hayes, but you hit like shit
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 10:49:48 PM »
Just heard it's Bob Horner. Announcement on Monday at 2 pm presser.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2013, 09:32:27 AM »
Just heard it's Bob Horner. Announcement on Monday at 2 pm presser.

They just put the presser off indefinitely.  Horner injured his hand while mowing the grass. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 01:09:00 PM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Baseball-search-picks-up-speed-133651
Who will be Auburn’s next head baseball coach? Will it be Samford had coach Casey Dunn? South Alabama head coach Mark Calvi? Troy head coach Bobby Pierce? Maybe Mississippi State assistant Butch Thompson or Arkansas assistant Todd Butler?

South Alabama head coach Mark Calvi

Those are the names heard most prominently as athletics director Jay Jacobs’ search for a replacement for John Pawlowski picks up speed. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t others.

No potential coaches have been interviewed or officially contacted. That process is likely to begin later this week or early next week.

CASEY DUNN

Samford’s head coach since the 2005 season, Dunn took over a program that had suffered through eight losing seasons in the previous nine. In 2012, Dunn coached the Bulldogs to a school-record 41 wins and the first regional in school history. In the Tallahassee Regional, the Bulldogs twice beat SEC power Mississippi State to advance to the championship round. Dunn is a former Auburn All-American. In his second season at Samford, his team won the Ohio Valley Conference championship. The program then moved to the Southern Conference.

Dunn, the first Samford coach in more than 40 years to post back-to-back winning seasons, has a team made up exclusively of high school signees. There were no junior college transfers or transfers from other four-year colleges on Samford’s 2013 roster.

MARK CALVI

Calvi took over as head coach at South Alabama before the 2012 season and turned the Jaguars around in a hurry. After earning the No. 4 seed, their highest since 2008, in the Sun Belt Conference in 20012, they went 43-20 in 2013, shared the Sun Belt Conference championship with Troy and played in the Starkville Regional.

Calvi spent six seasons on Ray Tanner’s staff at South Carolina and was the lead recruiter for classes that led to national championships in 2010 and 2011.

Calvi has relied heavily on junior college players at South Alabama. Twenty-four of 35 players on the roster are transfers.

BOBBY PIERCE

In 11 seasons, Pierce has taken Troy to four NCAA regionals. This season, the Trojans shared the Sun Belt Conference championship with Troy and beat Alabama twice in the Tallahassee Regional to advance to the championship round against Florida State.

Pierce rebuilt a struggling Troy program that had suffered through three consecutive losing seasons before he arrived. A star outfielder at Alabama in 1980 and 1981 and spent five seasons as an assistant coach at Alabama. He built the UAH program from the ground up and had a 276-108 record in seven seasons.

Pierce has relied heavily on transfers. Of 33 players listed on the Troy roster, 21 are transfers.

BUTCH THOMPSON

Thompson might be the best recruiter in college baseball. He left Georgia for Auburn and immediately started signing top players out of Georgia. He left Auburn for Mississippi State and immediately started signing top players out of Alabama.

Thompson is extremely popular with players and has built a strong pitching staff at Mississippi State.

TODD BUTLER

Arkansas’ hitting coach and chief recruiter since 2005, Butler has been a smashing success in both areas. In his eighth season, Butler has helped Arkansas make two trips to the College World Series, eight regional berths and three super regional berths.

A former Alabama assistant, Butler is in his 16th season in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2013, 01:20:10 PM »
My top one on that list would be Bobby Pierce.  Probably won't happen, though.  I keep hearing all kinds of different scenarios that would be more beneficial to him than taking another in state job.  One being that he might take a job in Florida as he's only a few years away from being eligible for retirement benefits there too.  He coached about 7 years at Chipola JC.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2013, 05:26:58 PM »
I saw a post over at scout that said rumor is we are going to go after Sunny Golloway.  Someone else said it was rumored on Baseball America but I didn't see anything of it over there.  Has anyone heard this?  I would take him.  Also Google search his daughter.  I will help you start http://withleather.uproxx.com/2007/09/oklahoma-coach-has-a-naked-daughter
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2013, 06:56:22 PM »
 :tits:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions