Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

ROI

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
ROI
« on: May 13, 2013, 09:47:53 AM »
According to NPR this morning Jay Gogue is the 2nd highest paid university president in the US ($2.5M/yr).

He came in second to Graham Spanier of PSU, whose numbers were inflated due to his giant severance package for allowing little kids to be assraped in the school's showers.

Are we getting our money's worth?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: ROI
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 10:31:52 AM »
No
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 10:33:29 AM »
The fact that he's really the highest paid President surprises me.  Don't know why exactly, just didn't realize it. 

I guess the biggest beef most AU fans have is his reluctance or refusal to let Jacobs go when the overall athletic program is in the shitter, record-wise.  We've all heard that Gogue is not big on athletics and doesn't like to get that involved with it.  I believe it.  However, you have to ask if that really defines his body of work as President? By all indications, the athletic department is generating revenue, and after extensive investigation, appears to be run clean.  We can all bitch and gripe about how basketball and girl's softball suck, but there's not one of us who would give a rat's ass about any of that if the football team was competing for SEC championships.

Gogue has been President since what, 2007?  In that time frame, Auburn's campus has literally been transformed and continues to go through unprecedented changes.  I know that construction has seemingly always been going on, but the last few years have been unbelievable.  I always wonder when they might get to a point where they stop and say, "Okay, this is the campus of Auburn University."  Honestly, I have no idea how much or how little he has to do with all that but I assume as President, he has a good bit of influence.  Hopefully, someone with more knowledge of that could comment. 

Personally, I'd like to see him take a bigger interest and role in trying to get AU athletics back on track.  Athletics, mainly football, is a common thread that really ties Auburn people together.  But when I look around at Auburn and the progress and changes that are constantly going on, I have to think he's doing something right.     

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 10:40:13 AM »
He took over when SACS had just finished sticking their finger up our colon.  I bet that has something to do with it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 10:57:37 AM »
We waste too much money on the wrong folks in this state. It shows where our priorities lie. Not good for education to say the least. How many high school graduates from this state actually finish college? How does he increase the numbers? What is his real function? What does he produce? Can we sell to other countries what he produces? Will other countries buy what he produces? In other words, if we aren't producing anything we can sell overseas, we are all fucked. $1 trillion in loan debt for students and the big wigs within the institutions are invested in Sallie Mae, and thus, profit on both sides of the same coin. Capitalism my ass.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:14:09 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 11:03:31 AM »
We waste too much money on the wrong folks in this state. It shows where our priorities lie. Not good for education to say the least. How many high school graduates from this state actually finish college? How does he increase the numbers? What is his real function? What does he produce? Can we sell to other countries what he produces? Will other countries buy what he produces? In other words, if we aren't producing anything we can sell overseas, we are all fudgeed. $ 1 trillion in lon debt for students and the big wigs within the institutions are invested in Sallie Mae, and thus, profit on both sides of the same coin. Capitalism my ass.

You do know that Auburn is a school and not an importer/exporter business, right?  If it was we would have hired Art Vandelay to be president.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 11:05:45 AM »
You do know that Auburn is a school and not an importer/exporter business, right?  If it was we would have hired Art Vandelay to be president.

I thought you were in exports
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 11:05:56 AM »
Well they certainly hold on to copyrights and grants like a corporation. They actually profit from research and are dependent on taxes to fund their operations while profiting from the private sector.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:14:43 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 11:16:31 AM »

and T-rexs would have roamed campus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 11:31:33 AM »
I thought you were in exports

Long matchsticks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 11:43:43 AM »
Well they certainly hold on to copyrights and grants like a corporation. They actually profit from research and are dependent on taxes to fund their operations while profiting from the private sector.

Is it just impossible for you to stay on topic? Or are you that ADD?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 11:45:31 AM »
Is it just impossible for you to stay on topic? Or are you that ADD?

How many people with ADD does it take to change a light bulb?

Want to play tennis?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 11:46:56 AM »

Want to play tennis?

I know a really cool way to put down linoleum.

Hi, I'm Tom. Nice to meet you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 12:00:29 PM »

Want to play tennis?
The lights that stop me turn to stone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 03:16:28 PM »
WTF...seriously.  No university president deserves to be making that much coin, I don't care who they are. 

Wesus Christo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 03:24:46 PM »
WTF...seriously.  No university president deserves to be making that much coin, I don't care who they are. 

Wesus Christo
Welcome to state gov't in Alabama. Good ole boys help each other out. I'm a good ole boy. How come I don't get anything? Well, except for being fudgeed by the PACT program.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 03:31:56 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 03:31:48 PM »
Welcome to state gov't in Alabama. Good ole boys help each other out. I'm a good ole boy. How come I don't get anything?. Well, except for being fucked by the PACT program.

PACT has been good to us so far.  It's paid what it was supposed to for my daughter.  But, I have a 12 year old.  Who knows where it will be in 5-6 years when he's ready for teh universities.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 03:36:56 PM »
PACT has been good to us so far.  It's paid what it was supposed to for my daughter.  But, I have a 12 year old.  Who knows where it will be in 5-6 years when he's ready for teh universities.

Thought he had plans for rodeo clown college?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 03:39:20 PM »
I have a 12 yr old too. Í bought it with the explanation that it was prepaid tuition. It went like this.
Me: "So, let me get this straight. I pay this in full ($12k or something) and all of tuition and books are paid for when jr goes to the accepting in state colleges, right?

Pact rep: "Yes sir. That is right. All of books and tuition."

Me: "Where do I sign?"

Then the market tanks, it almost goes broke, etc. Bottom line, the court won't make the state stand behind what they promised but I must admit I didn't read the fine print. It's just what I was sold. A bill of goods. Buyer beware and I wasn't. I did it with the 12 yr old and 8 yr old but got smart and am doing a 529 for the 5 yr old. PACT was great early on when George Jr had it and they actually did what they said they would do.

All of my illegitimates aren't getting shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com