Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Seventh 2014 Commitment...

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Seventh 2014 Commitment...
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 07:59:17 AM »
That doesn't fit the inbred nation's argument though...does it rws?
I assumed you meant Mobile, because you said Mobile.  And the kid you were pumping up was from Mobile.  And you guys have 4 commitments from Mobile for the 2014 class, and 0 from Baldwin County or Pensacola. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 12:24:38 PM »
This and the fact that when people say "Mobile" when talking about recruiting, they are usually referring to the gulf coast area and that's all of Baldwin Co and Pensacola.

Names like Julio, Trent and TJ come to mind. Trying to say that Mobile hasn't been fertile over the last few years is a pretty silly argument. It has been relevant and fertile for a very long time. Historically, I would say that AU, UA and LSU have been the biggest winners.
Like I said, there hasn't been much in the way of talent down here since '08 or '09.  Sure, you got a guy here or there.  But it's not like either team has been signing like 8 Mobile, or Mobile area guys every year.  Over the past 4 signing classes, AU has signed 5 guys from the Mobile area.  Only 1 of them have done shit, and that is Dismukes.  And he hasn't been a world beater either. In that same period, Alabama has signed 11 from the Mobile area.  Only 3 of them panned out.  Between two teams, you're averaging 4 guys a year, with only 25% of them panning out.  If that's fertile, then whatever.  But it certainly isn't like it used to be.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 01:48:00 PM »
Like I said, there hasn't been much in the way of talent down here since '08 or '09.  Sure, you got a guy here or there.  But it's not like either team has been signing like 8 Mobile, or Mobile area guys every year.  Over the past 4 signing classes, AU has signed 5 guys from the Mobile area.  Only 1 of them have done shit, and that is Dismukes.  And he hasn't been a world beater either. In that same period, Alabama has signed 11 from the Mobile area.  Only 3 of them panned out.  Between two teams, you're averaging 4 guys a year, with only 25% of them panning out.  If that's fertile, then whatever.  But it certainly isn't like it used to be.   

Just perception.  The Jags have been puttin' the Mobile hay in the barn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 02:03:30 PM »
Like I said, there hasn't been much in the way of talent down here since '08 or '09.  Sure, you got a guy here or there.  But it's not like either team has been signing like 8 Mobile, or Mobile area guys every year.  Over the past 4 signing classes, AU has signed 5 guys from the Mobile area.  Only 1 of them have done shoot, and that is Dismukes.  And he hasn't been a world beater either. In that same period, Alabama has signed 11 from the Mobile area.  Only 3 of them panned out.  Between two teams, you're averaging 4 guys a year, with only 25% of them panning out.  If that's fertile, then whatever.  But it certainly isn't like it used to be.   
o.k. then. Mobile sucks. I wonder what area of the state is more fertile over the last 25 years.  :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

noxin

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2013, 02:08:39 PM »
o.k. then. Mobile sucks. I wonder what area of the state is more fertile over the last 25 years.

I would start by asking simp
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 02:14:12 PM »

bazzzinga
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 02:28:20 PM »
o.k. then. Mobile sucks. I wonder what area of the state is more fertile over the last 25 years.  :fu:
25 years ago doesn't matter.  Fuck, 10 years ago doesn't matter.  I'm not talking about either of those time frames, and they don't mean anything.  You sound like some 20 year old Alabama fan talking about Bear Bryant.  I'm telling you that over the past few years it hasn't been what it used to be.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 02:31:56 PM »
25 years ago doesn't matter.  fudge, 10 years ago doesn't matter.  I'm not talking about either of those time frames, and they don't mean anything.  You sound like some 20 year old Alabama fan talking about Bear Bryant.  I'm telling you that over the past few years it hasn't been what it used to be.
  :bs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 03:03:41 PM »
  :bs:
Rws is on a roll...doing everything he can to discredit the fact that Auburn is taking over the REC's birthplace.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2013, 03:17:03 PM »
Gotta' disagree with that area not being as fertile.  It may be that there's been a lack of "superstars" over the last 2-3 seasons but the jury is still out on some of those.  No matter where you are, the Julio Jones' of the world are few and far between.  Maybe not that far because you might put Yeldon in his same category. It's a pretty big deal just to have that many players that come out of there sign schollies with Auburn and Alabama.  "Panning out" is contingent on too many factors.  I don't follow Bama's players that close so some of these may be busts, but I imagine just signing on that roster and competing means you're pretty damn good.

Ryan Anderson 6'2" 255 LB RS/Fr.  Daphne

Jalston Fowler 6'1" 250 RB Jr. Vigor

AJ McTattoo 6'4" 214 QB Jr. St. Paul's

CJ Mosely 6'2" 232 LB Sr. Theodore

Trey Roberts 6'0" 180 RB So.

Alphonse Taylor 6'5" 335 OL RS/Fr Davidson

Jarrick Williams 6'1" 210 DB Jr.

TJ Yeldon 6'2" 218 RB So. Daphne

For Auburn:

Jay Prosch 6'0" 247 RB Sr. UMS Wright

Robert Leff 6'6" 284 RS/Fr. OL Fairhope

Jabrian Niles 6'2" 296 So. Davidson

And as mentioned, Auburn has verbals (Until they flip) from several highly rated guys from that area and there will be more to come out of there this year.  There are some others on AU's roster but I believe they're all walk-ons.  Point being, there always has and always will be talent consistently coming out of the Mobile/Baldwin County area.  We've gotten our asses kicked there for 4-5 years but look to be getting back in the door.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2013, 03:29:23 PM »
Gotta' disagree with that area not being as fertile.  It may be that there's been a lack of "superstars" over the last 2-3 seasons but the jury is still out on some of those.  No matter where you are, the Julio Jones' of the world are few and far between.  Maybe not that far because you might put Yeldon in his same category. It's a pretty big deal just to have that many players that come out of there sign schollies with Auburn and Alabama.  "Panning out" is contingent on too many factors.  I don't follow Bama's players that close so some of these may be busts, but I imagine just signing on that roster and competing means you're pretty damn good.

Ryan Anderson 6'2" 255 LB RS/Fr.  Daphne

Jalston Fowler 6'1" 250 RB Jr. Vigor

AJ McTattoo 6'4" 214 QB Jr. St. Paul's

CJ Mosely 6'2" 232 LB Sr. Theodore

Trey Roberts 6'0" 180 RB So.

Alphonse Taylor 6'5" 335 OL RS/Fr Davidson

Jarrick Williams 6'1" 210 DB Jr.

TJ Yeldon 6'2" 218 RB So. Daphne

For Auburn:

Jay Prosch 6'0" 247 RB Sr. UMS Wright

Robert Leff 6'6" 284 RS/Fr. OL Fairhope

Jabrian Niles 6'2" 296 So. Davidson

And as mentioned, Auburn has verbals (Until they flip) from several highly rated guys from that area and there will be more to come out of there this year.  There are some others on AU's roster but I believe they're all walk-ons.  Point being, there always has and always will be talent consistently coming out of the Mobile/Baldwin County area.  We've gotten our asses kicked there for 4-5 years but look to be getting back in the door.   
And even more when you consider the "Mobile area" stretches even further. I've heard coaches use the term area before. They usually associate the biggest city in that area and target all of the outlying cities. I don't know how far in each direction the imaginary line goes from Mobile but I did read a recruiting article in which the analyst referred to Pensacola is being the "Mobile area". Not to get into an argument over semantics, I think most people who follow recruting would say that Mobile (and the Mobile area) is one of the elite talent pools in the south. That's all I'm saying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2013, 03:41:34 PM »
And even more when you consider the "Mobile area" stretches even further. I've heard coaches use the term area before. They usually associate the biggest city in that area and target all of the outlying cities. I don't know how far in each direction the imaginary line goes from Mobile but I did read a recruiting article in which the analyst referred to Pensacola is being the "Mobile area". Not to get into an argument over semantics, I think most people who follow recruting would say that Mobile (and the Mobile area) is one of the elite talent pools in the south. That's all I'm saying.

Yeah, but not recently. Like, in the last 24 hours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2013, 03:44:51 PM »
Not to get into an argument over semantics, I think most people who follow recruting would say that Mobile (and the Mobile area) is one of the elite talent pools in the south. That's all I'm saying.

I would certainly agree that it has one of the shallowest gene pools.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2013, 03:49:13 PM »

Isn't K in that area?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2013, 04:05:28 PM »

I swam in one of those one time. With my cousin Matilda.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2013, 04:25:15 PM »
I swam in one of those one time. With my cousin Matilda.

Matilda Knobstumpler?  From Pascagoula?  You two are related?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2013, 04:32:37 PM »
Matilda Knobstumpler?  From Pascagoula?  You two are related?
How do you know Matilda? Oh, yeah. We're related but damn, I wish we weren't. Did she ever show you that trick, the pretzel twist?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2013, 04:40:34 PM »
How do you know Matilda? Oh, yeah. We're related but damn, I wish we weren't. Did she ever show you that trick, the pretzel twist?

The pretzel twist was a staple of our "encounters".  Did she ever use the melted white chocolate?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2013, 04:57:53 PM »

I would definitely say the Hoover and Trussville areas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2013, 05:28:16 PM »
The pretzel twist was a staple of our "encounters".  Did she ever use the melted white chocolate?
Yep. That's how I hurt my back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions