Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

We're sorry. It was just a coinkydink.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: We're sorry. It was just a coinkydink.
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 03:47:06 PM »
IRS chief says it was two rogue workers.

Two people did all that damage without being noticed. 

Oh and I loved how Obama heard about it on the news.  Didn't know it was happening.  Jon Stewart had a great bit on his comments last night.  He brought up four different clips of Obama claiming that he only heard about scandals from the news.  Fast and Furious, Jeremiah Wright, some other one, and now the IRS. 

What a joke.

If he gets out of this unscathed, then the guy is pure Teflon. The scapegoating and blame game stuff, as a means of blatantly sidestepping blame, is getting old.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 03:57:22 PM »

Oh and I loved how Obama heard about it on the news.  Didn't know it was happening.  Jon Stewart had a great bit on his comments last night.  He brought up four different clips of Obama claiming that he only heard about scandals from the news.  Fast and Furious, Jeremiah Wright, some other one, and now the IRS. 

What a joke.

I seriously doubt it was just two workers, but you'd be surprised how easily just a handful of I.R.S. employees in upper level management could do something like this.  Just because it affected X number of taxpayers does not mean that it was an official agency-wide policy that was distributed to employees.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 04:00:17 PM »
If he gets out of this unscathed, then the guy is pure Teflon. The scapegoating and blame game stuff, as a means of blatantly sidestepping blame, is getting old.
Situations like these are where I believe that we tend to be a true democracy rather than a republic--which is very dangerous. Country 51% pro Obama?  Nothing happens. Even the Supreme court would go in his favor. Majority rules, regardless of how despicable the ruling is.

Or, maybe I'm just too fed up with the gimme, gimme crowd to have any faith.

What pisses me off the most is knowing what the reaction WOULD have been were it Bush in office. There would be damn riots in the streets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 04:09:22 PM »

Nobody in the MSM is really calling him out on any of it, you would think after what they did to AP they would see, but yet to question him would still be racists.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 04:25:35 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 04:30:43 PM »

Oh and I loved how Obama heard about it on the news.  Didn't know it was happening.
He heard about it from the press...while listening in on their phone conversations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 05:28:16 PM »
Joe Biden=Foster Brooks.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2013, 05:37:00 PM »

Pretty much everything she says here is true and damning indeed.

It would be more effective if she didn't come off as such a spiteful mommy part in her presentation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2013, 05:43:55 PM »
Nobody in the MSM is really calling him out on any of it, you would think after what they did to AP they would see, but yet to question him would still be racists.
We have rampant rights violations BY the fed gov't, a definitive gov't cover up (imo) and American citizens being attacked on our home turf by Muslim extremists and this administration is worried about the tea party, gay marriage and gun control. :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2013, 06:10:12 PM »
It would be more effective if she didn't come off as such a spiteful mommy part in her presentation.

How many women do you know that are not "spiteful mommy parts"?

Gary Johnson
Where is all this outrage when the rights of ordinary citizens are trampled? And how many of the outraged "Lawmakers" voted for the Patriot Act, which legalized that trampling?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/15/us-usa-justice-ap-idUSBRE94C0ZW20130515
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 06:16:53 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2013, 11:22:52 PM »
Acting IRS chief claims he was NOT fired, that his contract was up on June 1 anyway.

We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

:rolleyes:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2013, 09:45:00 AM »
Pretty much everything she says here is true and damning indeed.

Everyone on here seems to universally agree on this issue. Say it ain't so. Doesnt happen often!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2013, 10:10:10 AM »
Acting IRS chief claims he was NOT fired, that his contract was up on June 1 anyway.

We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

:rolleyes:

Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2013, 10:16:19 AM »
Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër?

See the fjords!  Make sweet, sweet, painful love to a hornet nest!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2013, 10:23:01 AM »

He heard about it from the press...while listening in on their phone conversations.

I wonder what ever came about on that court order for the milk data? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2013, 12:11:09 PM »
http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/jay-bookman/2013/jun/25/gops-much-beloved-irs-scandal-descends-farce/

GOP's much-beloved IRS scandal descends into farce

AP/Wallenda
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell successfully negotiates a death-defying chasm of logic and evidence. OK, not really.

By Jay Bookman

Well isn't that interesting....

The very first "BOLO" list -- Be On the LOokout -- compiled by IRS workers three years ago seeking to identify tax-exempt applications for further scrutiny also warned agents to look out for applications containing words such as "progressive," "occupy" and even "blue." In addition, it turns out that such groups remained on the BOLO lists even after "Tea Party" was removed in light of the controversy it had caused.

For example, the very first BOLO list, compiled in August 2010, stated:

"Progressives": Political activities.  Common thread is the word “progressive.”  Activities appear to lean toward a new political party.  Activities are partisan and appear anti-Republican.  You see references to “blue” as being “progressive.” Applicants submit 1023.  Their “progressive” activities appear to show that (c)(3) may not be appropriate."

Others on the IRS watchlist included groups pressing for adoption of medical marijuana laws, those promoting ObamaCare, and those that mention "Paying National Debt" and "Green Energy Organizations." Somehow, none of that had been publicly mentioned by House Republicans conducting a supposedly thorough investigation of IRS practices.

Also on Monday, acting IRS Commissioner Daniel Werfel released the results of an internal investigation. Like an investigation by the IRS inspector general, it concluded that “We have not found evidence of intentional wrongdoing by anyone in the IRS or involvement in these matters by anyone outside the IRS.” Instead, the probe found that "several key leaders, including some in the commissioner's office, failed in multiple capacities to meet their managerial responsibilities at various points during the course of these events." As a result, five people in IRS managerial positions have been replaced.

House Republicans had previously praised Werfel for his aggressiveness in dealing with the problem, but that praise has now ceased. According to U.S. Rep. Dave Camp, chair of the House Ways and Means Committee, "This culture of political discrimination and intimidation goes far beyond basic management failure and personnel changes alone won't fix a broken IRS."

Camp's claim of "a culture of political discrimination and intimidation" reflects the new GOP talking points. They have no evidence whatsoever of any involvement by Obama political appointees, and no evidence whatsoever of partisan intent, yet they still somehow claim the existence of a "culture of intimidation."

We saw that same framing last week in a speech by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell to the American Enterprise Institute. McConnell conceded that Republicans have no evidence tying the Obama administration to the IRS scandal, and that no such evidence would be forthcoming. As he put it, "There might be some folks out there waiting for a hand-signed memo from President Obama to Lois Lerner to turn up. Do not hold your breath."

Yet McConnell nonetheless claimed a pattern of behavior in which the Obama administration has turned the power of government against its enemies. In a separate interview with the Daily Caller, he claimed that “This IRS investigation is certainly about the IRS, but it’s about the broader issue of the administration’s abuse of power and efforts to silence the critics of the administration.”

As you may have noticed, McConnell is the Nik Wallenda of politics, able to walk fearlessly across huge chasms of logic and evidence perched on the most slender of threads. Somehow, the absence of any evidence tying the administration to the IRS scandal is transformed into a broad, administration-wide effort to punish people. Do not attempt this at home.

A pattern of behavior would require multiple examples of this alleged behavior. The Republicans have none, as in zero. They profess to see a pattern on a blank sheet of paper, and insist that the rest of America see it as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2013, 01:03:07 PM »
http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/jay-bookman/2013/jun/25/gops-much-beloved-irs-scandal-descends-farce/
I don't give a shoot in shinola what any investigation finds in this. This is Obama's baby and a part of his legacy. Every bit as much as the Iran contra affair is a part of my favorite president's legacy. They prob won't ever find his fingerprints and even if they were found, he's innocent to his sheep.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:47:55 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions