Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Too Soon, IMO

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Too Soon, IMO
« on: May 09, 2013, 08:54:55 AM »

Maybe Bean didn't write the headline (as is often the case in articles) but this one is way too soon. It's a tremendous get and I credit Malzahn's hiring of DCraig in order for this to happen. I believe that AU will be strong competition in Mobile but I don't think this establishes it, yet. We have a long way to go. Tre Williams recruitment doesn't have the buzz of the Foster saga--which is a good thing. Let's hope it stays that way and the kid is grounded. He seems very much so.

Tre Williams' decision to play at Auburn establishes Gus Malzahn as recruiting force (video) (Josh Bean)
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/05/tre_williams_decision_to_play.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Print
 By Josh Bean | jbean@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on May 08, 2013 at 3:51 PM, updated May 08, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Tre Williams, shown tackling Alabama commit Desherrius Flowers of Vigor, has been one of the state's best tacklers for the last three seasons. (Mike Kittrell/mkittrell@al.com)

MOBILE, Alabama -- Tre Williams is headed to the NFL.

I know, I know, it's awfully premature - and perhaps even unfair - to place that burden on a teenager who today announced plans to play college football at Auburn.

But Williams is that kind of talent.

"He's a prototypical NFL linebacker," St. Paul's coach Steve Mask agreed.

The 6-foot-2, 220-pounder emerged as a tackling machine as a freshman at St. Paul's, flirted with playing safety as a sophomore, and returned to his natural spot at middle linebacker last season. He's the most talented linebacker to emerge from the fertile Mobile market since current Alabama star C.J. Mosley.

For photos from Tre Williams' announcement, please visit Mike Brantley's gallery on AL.com

Williams' decision to attend Auburn - alongside St. Paul's teammate Josh Casher and Vigor linebacker Deshaun Davis - shows that Gus Malzahn and company will be a major recruiting force now and in the future.
 Watch Williams make his announcement:
Auburn largely owned Mobile during the Tommy Tuberville Era, but that changed drastically once Nick Saban arrived at Alabama. Saban understood the importance of winning Mobile -- after all, he snagged Williamson's Jamarcus Russell and Chevis Jackson of St. Paul's while he was at LSU -- and Malzahn is clearly following the same blueprint.

Mobile matters, if you want to win. Especially in this state.

Williams' decision to attend Auburn -- alongside St. Paul's teammate Josh Casher and Vigor linebacker Deshaun Davis, two other recent Auburn commitments -- shows that Gus Malzahn and company will be a major recruiting force now and in the future.

"Me and Deshaun will finally be able to play together again," Williams said. "I think we're going to make the defense better."

Mobile annually produces a bumper crop of prospects, and Williams is clearly the crown jewel of the Class of 2014. Barring an injury, he should become an immediate contributor - and perhaps even start --- as a freshman.

"Whatever college I went to, I was going to work my butt off and try to get that starting spot," Williams said.

There's no way to downplay the importance of Williams' decision to attend Auburn. It clearly plants Auburn's flag in the ground in Mobile and establishes Malzahn and Company as a recruiting force.

Saban has enjoyed fantastic success as convincing the state's best to attend Bama in recent years, but Williams is clearly one of Auburn's top in-state gets in the last five years.

And he can really, really play.

"This is my 32nd year coach, and I've never been around a kid who loves football more than he does," Mask said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Too Soon, IMO
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 09:14:33 AM »
Get ready...if the alsabanknobslobber.com staff is propping this kid up that much, he's a lock to flip.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 09:22:11 AM »
Get ready...if the alsabanknobslobber.com staff is propping this kid up that much, he's a lock to flip.
I'll never say never but I think DC is a game changer on the flipping field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 09:27:47 AM »
I'll never say never but I think DC is a game changer on the flipping field.

I certainly hope so!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 11:16:09 AM »
Frickity Fuck Frackity Fuckity Fuck.  Why is the media so damn blatant with their bias?  I emailed Joel Erickson from al.kum a couple of weeks ago to thank him for his coverage of Auburn football.  If you read his stuff, which I post a lot of, he reports the facts, what's going on and what the players and corches are saying.  That's what I want.  But this bullshit....  I check out the site this morning and there's a video of an interview with Tre Williams by Josh Bean and Ben Thomas (Couldn't post the video because I'm retarded)  Look at the text below that surrounded the video.  What is the fucking point of this?  Auburn gets a damn fine athlete and these two worthless fucks have to do a piece asking if the kid made a wise choice and will he eventually flip? 

Cheers erupted in the St. Paul's library Wednesday afternoon as linebacker Tre Williams announced that he will play college football at Auburn.

As Williams pulled an Auburn hat onto his head, he plastered a broad smile on his face. Recruiting -- presumably -- is over for the state's top-rated linebacker.

But did Williams make the right call by choosing Auburn over Alabama and a bevy of other suitors, including Southern Cal? How quickly might he be able to play at Auburn? And is there any chance that Williams reconsiders and flips to Alabama or another school before National Signing Day in February 2014?

AL.com reporters Josh Bean and Ben Thomas discussed these topics after Williams' announcement.

So, if Williams had announced to Bama, would these words ever be spoken?  Would these questions ever be asked?  Hell no!!!  But they were constantly asked of Yeldon, weren't they?  In the video, they discuss his decision saying, "He says Bama's depth at LB had nothing to do with his decision, but I know it had to."  They go on to say he's a great athlete and given Auburn's situation at LB, he can make an immediate impact.......and (Get this) he's such a good athlete that he MAY have even been able to contribute at Alabama."  They end it by making sure they emphasize AGAIN, that it's a long way until signing day.

You know what?  Fuck you!!!  I don't know what this kid will wind up doing.  I don't know if he'll flip, stay firm or what.  But we damn sure don't need him reading shit for the next 7 or 8 months and being questioned continuously about whether he made the right choice and is he still considering Alabama?  Not one damn Bama commit will face these questions or read this shit.  Williams will in every single interview he does from this day forward.  "Recruiting....presumably...is over for the State's top linebacker."

Fuck you.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 12:58:40 PM »
Frickity fudge Frackity fudgeity fudge.  Why is the media so damn blatant with their bias?  I emailed Joel Erickson from al.kum a couple of weeks ago to thank him for his coverage of Auburn football.  If you read his stuff, which I post a lot of, he reports the facts, what's going on and what the players and corches are saying.  That's what I want.  But this bullshoot....  I check out the site this morning and there's a video of an interview with Tre Williams by Josh Bean and Ben Thomas (Couldn't post the video because I'm retarded)  Look at the text below that surrounded the video.  What is the fudgeing point of this?  Auburn gets a damn fine athlete and these two worthless fudges have to do a piece asking if the kid made a wise choice and will he eventually flip? 

Cheers erupted in the St. Paul's library Wednesday afternoon as linebacker Tre Williams announced that he will play college football at Auburn.

As Williams pulled an Auburn hat onto his head, he plastered a broad smile on his face. Recruiting -- presumably -- is over for the state's top-rated linebacker.

But did Williams make the right call by choosing Auburn over Alabama and a bevy of other suitors, including Southern Cal? How quickly might he be able to play at Auburn? And is there any chance that Williams reconsiders and flips to Alabama or another school before National Signing Day in February 2014?

AL.com reporters Josh Bean and Ben Thomas discussed these topics after Williams' announcement.

So, if Williams had announced to Bama, would these words ever be spoken?  Would these questions ever be asked?  Hell no!!!  But they were constantly asked of Yeldon, weren't they?  In the video, they discuss his decision saying, "He says Bama's depth at LB had nothing to do with his decision, but I know it had to."  They go on to say he's a great athlete and given Auburn's situation at LB, he can make an immediate impact.......and (Get this) he's such a good athlete that he MAY have even been able to contribute at Alabama."  They end it by making sure they emphasize AGAIN, that it's a long way until signing day.

You know what?  fudge you!!!  I don't know what this kid will wind up doing.  I don't know if he'll flip, stay firm or what.  But we damn sure don't need him reading shoot for the next 7 or 8 months and being questioned continuously about whether he made the right choice and is he still considering Alabama?  Not one damn Bama commit will face these questions or read this shoot.  Williams will in every single interview he does from this day forward.  "Recruiting....presumably...is over for the State's top linebacker."

fudge you.
It's not going to stop. Get used to it. The years since Saban has been there have only made it worse. We are living in a "who's gonna flip next" world.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions