Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Go Get Em' Gus

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Go Get Em' Gus
« on: May 03, 2013, 02:27:47 PM »
La. QB prospect looking hard at AU.  Good to hear.  cops-n-pastas al.kum

Gus Malzahn has Kiehl Frazier and Jonathan Wallace battling for his starting quarterback job. He has 2012 Alabama Mr. Football Jeremy Johnson, JUCO transfer Nick Marshall and McGill-Toolen star Jason Smith coming this summer. And he is working hard on landing 2014 Florence High star Kendrick Doss, who plans to attend Big Cat Weekend later this month.

This week, Malzahn and the Tigers extended an offer to another dual-threat quarterback in the 2014 class whom he thinks could be a good fit to run his offense --  Brandon Harris of Bossier City (La.) Parkway.

"His offensive scheme, what he likes to do with the offense, I know the background on Malzahn," Harris told Rivals.com. "When the recruiting process started, one school I wanted to hear from was Auburn. The things Coach Malzahn has done with quarterbacks -- they had good quarterbacks at Tulsa, then of course Cam Newton at Auburn, he's an offensive genius. ... I wanted this offer."

Harris (6-3, 206), who wears the No. 1 because of Newton, threw for 2,573 yards and 26 touchdowns and ran for 667 yards and 12 scores in 2012. Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Ohio State also offered Harris on the same day as Auburn last week, joining a list of offers that's now reached 25.

He told Rivals he plans to visit Auburn and expects to make a decision on his commitment in July.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Go Get Em' Gus
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 03:03:27 PM »
skeet skeet skeet
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 03:10:11 PM »
Quote from: Gus Bus Driver
He told Rivals he plans to visit Auburn and expects to make a decision on his commitment in July.
That will give bammer plenty of time to dig dirt on him, offer his mother a job flip him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 07:02:22 PM »
That will give bammer plenty of time to dig dirt on him, offer his mother a job flip him.
Silly Godfather, UAT doesn't play black QBs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 07:39:52 PM »
Maybe we can use him at LB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 07:40:57 PM »
Silly Godfather, UAT doesn't play black QBs.

That's what the processing is for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 12:59:49 PM »
B-B-B-B-Bump  al.kum

After a busy week in the world of quarterback recruiting, Bossier City, Louisiana quarterback Brandon Harris now stands as one of the top uncommitted quarterback prospects remaining. Harris, a 6-foot-2, 195-pound dual-threat star, has watched a number of his fellow 2014 quarterbacks pledge their commitments to schools around the SEC and the rest of the nation but says he's not changing his plans.

"I'm still sticking with my announcement date of July 18th," Harris said. "I have said all along that would be my decision date and I feel like any coaches that truly want me will wait for that date."

Harris has already taken unofficial visits to LSU, Alabama and Ohio State in recent weeks and plans to visit at least three more schools before his July 18th decision date.

"Right now, my tentative plan is to visit Auburn on July 10," Harris said. "Before that, I will visit Baylor and Ole Miss at some point although I don't have dates setup yet. I want Auburn to be my last visit so I can have a full week to soak everything up and pray about my decision with my family."

Harris, who is rated the top dual-threat QB in the nation by 247Sports, has listed Auburn as one of his top three schools for weeks and said that while recruiting is a constantly shifting prospect for him, his relationship with the Auburn coaching staff has remained strong and stable.

"I really get along so well with Coach Malzahn and Coach Lashlee. It's been great getting to know them and I think we agree on a lot of things, even outside of football. Coach Lashlee likes to call me 'Mini Cam' which makes me laugh. I'm obviously not as big as Cam but I do pride myself on my arm strength and my ability to make plays with my feet and I love Coach Malzahn's offense."

While Harris said he isn't ready to name any favorites or even specify what it is he'll be looking for during his remaining visits, he did say all the remaining contenders for his signature share one thing in common: a willingness to play a fast-paced, wide open style of football.

"It's really what college football is moving towards now," Harris said. "You're seeing it all over the country. Auburn, Ole Miss, Ohio State and Baylor all run some kind of spread formation and they all try to keep the pace high and LSU will be moving to that this fall. It's something that I think fits my skills really well."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 01:20:35 PM »
LSU will be moving to that this fall

Cue Saban's whiney excuse for inexplicably losing to Les Miles this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 01:50:33 PM »
Cue Saban's whiney excuse for inexplicably losing to Les Miles this year.

Did LSU hire a new OC to go to the NNHUNH?  Honestly, if they were to find the right fit at OC to run that style.....and Les actually let's him run the offensive show (Huge IF)...look out.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 06:23:50 PM »
Did LSU hire a new OC to go to the NNHUNH?  Honestly, if they were to find the right fit at OC to run that style.....and Les actually let's him run the offensive show (Huge IF)...look out.

Cam Cameron:  Selective snips from teh Times-Picky-youneey.  Sabinz needs to get his fat asses in shape cuz the HUNUNNHNUNH is here to stay...

Call it a faster pace, or perhaps a sense of urgency. The first day of LSU's spring football certainly moved more quickly, at least offensively.

[snip]

Cameron said he wants to add to the playbook and build on what the offense already knows, but clearly he's changing the way the offense is implemented. The terminology is different, according to Mettenberger, with a numbering system that will simplify play calls.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 10:48:01 PM »
I think the fact that 6'3" 260# LB's can actually become a liability scares the panties off of Sabins and company. That is a major part of his philosophy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 03:36:03 AM »
I think the fact that 6'3" 260# LB's can actually become a liability scares the panties off of Sabins and company. That is a major part of his philosophy.
Exactly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 09:35:02 AM »
The terminology is different, according to Mettenberger, with a numbering system that will simplify play calls.

Well, I hope that Mettenberger catches as much shit as Cam did over "36."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

noxin

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 10:33:55 AM »
Did LSU hire a new OC to go to the NNHUNH?

I hear Kragthorpe had been wanting to shake things up
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2013, 10:45:43 AM »

I shuddered with laughter
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 11:42:55 AM »

You just watch your tone mister. If this were a radio station you'd be fired.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 11:51:36 AM »
You just watch your tone mister. If this were a radio station you'd be fired.

You can't stop him.  He's in the Zone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 12:24:44 PM »
The "GUS BUS" is making the rounds I see!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 01:55:29 PM »
The "GUS BUS" is making the rounds I see!
If you ain't on it...you're under it.  toot toot
:bus:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 02:11:43 PM »
Consider that bitch choked
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions